Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6673|USA
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/11 … index.html

You've heard about the former KGB spy turned Kremlin critic that was poisoned.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/20 … sian_.html

Now the former Russian Prime Minister has been poisoned.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 00308.html

And back in October this journalist who was a critic of Putin was gunned down in her home.

I always said Putin was one hard mofo. Especially with how he handled the Mosque hostage situation a few years ago.

What is the community's thoughts on the recent events involving Russia?

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2006-11-30 09:50:29)

Rosse_modest
+76|6787|Antwerp, Flanders
The community's thoughts?

That Russia is a poor, massively corrupt nerfed dictatorship.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6673|USA
With British authorities investigating, hypothetically lets say they found evidence that the Russian gov't intentionally killed these people, (many seem to think so) what would be the result?

Im thinking nothing since this dictator has nuclear weapons.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6405|The Gem Saloon
the russians have a history of doing this. back in the cold war most of the time they would use bulgarians, no clue why, thats just who they liked to use. but ya, theyve done this a whole lot of times. the ricin poisoning with the umbrella in london, and they assassinated countless defectors that were caught. the sword and the shield knew what they were doing. unfortunatly putin used to head up the second chief directorate at the kgb, which if im not mistaken was their operations division. needless to say, putin is no stranger to getting his hands dirty.

right now the russians are thinking that they are on top of the world. most of the people running that country are business men that invest in oil companies. russia is 2nd in the world for oil, right behind saudi arabia. im sure they think that since they are getting ready to add alot of oil to the world they can just get away with it.
JohnLeavitt
+16|6454
Russia still has the remains of Communism in it if you ask me. many men are still in power that are Communists ...and that is the type of shit communism brings...

Last edited by JohnLeavitt (2006-11-30 09:59:03)

Jepeto87
+38|6696|Dublin
It was Bulgaria's secret police who assassinated the guy in London as he was broadcasting a radio show into Bulgaria, I think they were "assisted" by the KGB!

The best one had to be Trotsky assassination, Ice pick to head while in his home in Mexico.... Subtle!

On topic, no ones linked Putin to these killings. Im not so sure about Russia anymore, but in my country your innocent till proven guilty! (Joke!)
samfink
+31|6566
if russia is proved to have ordered the killing of the ex-spy, then we get a major diplomatic crisis. AKA practically war, if not war. remember that 8 OR 9 people have potentially also got radiation poisoning, and 12 locations also have radiation above normal levels and so do 4 BA planes. and russia has nuclear weapons, but remember there is a debate on if we should renew trident. well, that issue ma yet go away ( I'm saying if they aim a nuke anywhere near Britain, all the trident nukes would slam into them)
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6405|The Gem Saloon
this is NO where near war....this is infighting in an intelligence service.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6705|San Francisco
I think Putin is beginning to make motions that will bring Russia back towards its Soviet ideal.  I don't know about all of the infighting that's going on, but I can see the motions being made in order to counteract the failure of perestroika...
Erkut.hv
+124|6746|California
"Anyone else notice that the new James Bond looks like Vladimir Putin?"
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6579|Oxford

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

With British authorities investigating, hypothetically lets say they found evidence that the Russian gov't intentionally killed these people, (many seem to think so) what would be the result?

Im thinking nothing since this dictator has nuclear weapons.
I recently saw a British intelligence spokeswoman say there'd be little or nothing the British government could do. However, the whole investigation into the affair by British police/intelligence/media is enough to make the Putin regime look pretty bad and to lose face internationally.
dubbs
+105|6643|Lexington, KY
I maybe wrong, but I thought Putin stated that he was going to try to get Russia to go back to a communist nation.  I thought I heard this when he came into office, but I may be wrong.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS
I don't think he wants communism (he has too many ties to powerful companies AFAIK), he wants the 'glory days' of the twentieth century that were brought by communism.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6666|Cambridge, England
Russia's Broken.
~c4~cheppi
+29|6369|Forest Green
And you all thought Ghost Town was "unrealistic"
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6634|Camp XRay

what do you expect form someone who is ex kgb and filled his entire cabinet with his buddies from the kgb
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6673|USA
UPdate:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/12 … index.html

Russia will not assist investigators of spy poisoning. Hmmm....
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566
I think with Russia you are looking at the rebirth of another China (the fakest communist state in the world - essentially just a totalitarian state), except far more sinister and underhand.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-12-05 06:48:29)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6553|Texas - Bigger than France
It's slogan time:

Russia - Like China...with a lot more Vodka
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6686|Moscow, Russia
Okay, clever boys. Now can you please tell me 1 good reason why Putin would order to assassinate Politkovskaya, poison Litvinenko and Gaidar? Do you think they posed any threat to his regime? Or he just blindly hated them so much he wanted them dead at any cost? That's all bullshit. There are no benefits for Putin in the current situation. Why would he ruin his image just before the important Russia-EU talks?
But I'll tell who benefits from this situation. Berezovsky does. He's an oligarch, who used to be very close to Yeltsin. He earned his fortune of around $1bln through criminal schemes in the crazy 90's.
When he was accused of fraud and money laundring in 2000, he ran away to London, where he declared himself "a victim of the brutal Putin regime".
Litvinenko is an ex-FSB officer, who "confessed" in 1998 in front of the cameras that he was "ordered to assassinate Berezovsky". After that, he suddenly became a very good friend of Berezovsky and immigrated to Britain.
He was sacrificed by Mr B., who would do anything to hurt Putin's image abroad. This is just another part of his plan.

There is NO real evidence that Russian agents killed Litvinenko. Don't be sheep, think yourself and understand who benefits.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard