kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6560|Southeastern USA
Who gives a fuck, if it's what he believes in let him do it. If he believes "green eggs and ham" is the supreme book of god, let him use that. Why the hell would taking an oath to a god you don't believe in be binding at all. (for those that don't know, he's our newly elected muslim congressman)

I would like to know if he expects all of congress to come to a screeching halt 5 times a day while he prays. that and whether he wants to make the koran the supreme law in the US.

I tried to get you a link, but it's hard to surf here, i just get a few thousand blogs when i search.

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-11-30 09:48:18)

jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

Actually i had to coordinate with a Mulsim project team lead and he always on schedule ... even with praying 5 times a day.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
I had thought it was only 3 times until a few weeks ago, i don't know how many of the prayers occur in a normal working day. Of course, most of congress is doing good to show up for work in the first place, i doubt stopping to pray would hold things up much. Maybe interrupt Byrd drooling all over the podium as he filibusters.

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-11-30 07:31:22)

Erkut.hv
+124|6746|California
Wonder if the atheist brigade will come up out against it. Oh, that's right, they only attack Christians. Muslims might actually do something to you. Take the safe protest route.

At this point, he could make Congress succumb to sharia, and none of them would protest out of fear of being called "intolerant".
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6378|Columbus, Ohio
It's not like congress does anything quickly anyway.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
http://www.startribune.com/462/story/806300.html

here's a pretty clean link, don't know much about the star tribune though
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6733|Eastern PA
According to this, Reps aren't sworn in on any kind of holy text, but rather the US Constitution. Later in the link it says that sometimes house members pose for a photo-op with a holy book.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
yes, but they use a bible more for personal reasons, that and it's political suicide in most districts not to, officially it's not part of the process, but elected officials are free to use any text they choose.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6666|United States of America
at first I didn't find this upsetting, but now that I thought about it I couldn't give a rats ass.  Who knows, the bible sure the hell hasn't been working so maybe the Quaran will.

Last edited by Major_Spittle (2006-11-30 11:53:50)

Erkut.hv
+124|6746|California

kr@cker wrote:

yes, but they use a bible more for personal reasons, that and it's political suicide in most districts not to, officially it's not part of the process, but elected officials are free to use any text they choose.
So I could us an issue of Penthouse, if I felt it was an important book to me? Think of the press you would get.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
I'd vote for you just to see that
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6655
what ever floats his boat.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6456|The Land of Scott Walker
This article pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject. 

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/Denn … ments=true
JahManRed
wank
+646|6639|IRELAND

kr@cker wrote:

I would like to know if he expects all of congress to come to a screeching halt 5 times a day while he prays. that and whether he wants to make the koran the supreme law in the US.
5 times a day @10m= 50min/day

50min/day X 7 days a week=350min or 6 hours PER WEEK.

We take a whole 24 hours off on Sundays to sit on our asses and I know for one, I only pray to the god of beer and cheep women.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
my church services only lasted about an hour, twice a day on sundays

anyway, the reason i posted this was the emergence of asshat whiners like this

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl … _deci.html

from a completely historical, clinical perspective, what good does it do to have someone swear upon a religious icon they have no faith in?

of course, it does teach that it's ok to lie to your enemies, and in allahs eyes it's not a lie, but if you have issues with that that's another debate.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
So the koran. Big deal its pretty similar to the Bible but with less sex and violence.

Stephen Colbert being sworn in on Alpha Squad Seven: Lady Nocturn: a Tek Jenson Aventure will however be a big deal.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard