Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6485|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Before
https://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9862/prequelzi9.jpg
(This picture is taken on the same map in a later game for the sole purpose of getting this image)
After
https://img213.imageshack.us/img213/996/defenseswq9.jpg

Basically the Allies had to cross into this little French Town, and my SS Panzer Division was tasked with holding it.  The only spot the allies had any success crossing was this part, the northernmost crossing (Due to a hidden battery of Anti Tank guns, Snipers, Mines and other obstacles near the other two crossings).  Having secured the Church in the background, my Panzers and Infantry slowly began to push the Allies to the bridge.  From their, a stalemate ensued as that central ground was in range of both sides artillery.  As I settled in and began building my defenses, I repulsed multiple attacks and artillery barrages.  Eventually, a unit of Flame thrower equipped engineers supported by SS infantry eliminated the Allied Howitzer battery.  From there, my Panzers could break through and rout the Allies.  Those emplacements you see in the bottom picture eliminated a dozen allied vehicles and countless soldiers.  Oh and each major crater is mined to prevent enemy infantry from stopping to take cover.

The beauty is that craters and vehicle wrecks last the entire game, so you can really feel the landscape change (That wrecked M10 is the only vehicle hulk left, all others were blasted by artillery).  Cover is shredded, buildings take multiple impacts (note the house and church) and it really feels like a war zone.  Infantry squads have their own basic AI level and know where to take cover, and can successfully use that cover against the enemy.  A must have for any RTS fan.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6754|The United Center
I think this picture and explanation just sold me.  I'm a huge fan of AoE and played a bit of Empire Earth, but I have yet to play CoH.

...looks like I'll be asking for it for Christmas.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
It's made by the same people who made the Warhammer:Dawn of War games, so you can see a lot of similarites in game play style.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6526|Adelaide, South Australia

I want shit like that to happen in CoD....
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6754|The United Center

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Fuck that.  I want shit like that to happen in Minesweeper.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
You can zoom the camera in real close (Infantry eye level) so battles can be witnessed in a very call of duty style.  OH and the first mission is D-Day and is incredibly similar to Saving Private Ryan, and an awesome experience...
CrazeD
+368|6680|Maine
Wow, I thought CoH was FPS.

I'm disappointed.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6526|Adelaide, South Australia

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Fuck that.  I want shit like that to happen in Minesweeper.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War

CrazeD wrote:

I'm disappointed.
What's wrong with strategy games?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6787|Great Brown North

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

I'm disappointed.
What's wrong with strategy games?
i believe it causes thinking OH TEH NOES!!!!!!!!

omgar name theif!

anyway, i have, and have beaten coh, awesome game with lots of replay value. BUY IT!
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6472|Melbourne - Home of Football
Is there a multiplayer in CoH, or single player campaigns only? Because I can imagine, from the in-depth strategy you mentioned, multiplayer games would be highly involving.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6787|Great Brown North
there is multi
ElMorte[OwP]
Expert Opportunity Misser
+9|6564|Bikini Bottom Germany
How can you play the axis side?
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6395|New York
multiplayer is half the fun. and you can only play axis on skirmish or multi. even though there are only two factons, they play surprisingly different. beating the axis can be tricky at times, but the allies have quite a few tricks up their sleeves.

as others were saying above, the coolest thing about this game is the destructible environment. it allows for strategy changes as the game progresses. for example, if you hole up a squad in a building, and a tank rolls in, it will actually shoot at the windows where your men are. so your squad will be dead, but the building is maybe half destroyed.
def a very good game.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6533|Singapore
pity my comp cant even run the demo...
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6395|New York

jkohlc wrote:

pity my comp cant even run the demo...
how so? COH is definetely less labor intensive on your comp than bf2142.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6669|USA
I vouch for CoH. That game is the shit. Worth every penny.
Abstinuous
+33|6438
yep yep, u dont have to be in love with rts games, if u like guns and war, play this game (assuming u do, if u play bf2)

one of the best RTS ever played
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6634|Canada
i <3 CoH.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6547|The Lost Highway
It's a good game. Pretty tough to beat as well....

(Waits for the "OMGZ NUB, LRN2PLY, U SXRZ" comments.)
RedVigor
+3|6692
What are the specs required to run CoH I can't find them anywhere.
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6591|Vic, Australia
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
Try this, it isn't 100% accurate but it comes really close. It uploads your comp's specs and compares it to the minimum and recommended specs and tells you what is required and what will run fine with it.

Last edited by Plisken (2006-11-30 11:39:27)

dubbs
+105|6639|Lexington, KY

http://www.metacritic.com/ wrote:

3Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM and a 6800 series graphics card or better with at least 256 Ram
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6395|New York

mKmalfunction wrote:

It's a good game. Pretty tough to beat as well....

(Waits for the "OMGZ NUB, LRN2PLY, U SXRZ" comments.)
agreed, the AI is put together pretty well.
Brasso
+1,549|6637

That's CoH for you.

Good RTS.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard