Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6686
"They" preach that man and the dinosors walked together.

destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6641|Canada

JohnLeavitt wrote:

carbon dating is BS, example... this guy took a stalactite from the bottom of the Lincoln memorial that had grown there after the memorial had been built... he had it to be carbon dating tested and the result was 5 million years... lol Carbon dating is flawed... MASSIVELY!!!!
ya...umm that stalactite was made up of elements that are 5 million yrs old. but when u carbon date stuff that is ORGANIC, it is precise. you're also the type of person that believes in the book of revalations aren't u?

Last edited by destruktion_6143 (2006-11-30 10:50:48)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

Of course dinosaurs lived with man.  Anyone who has seen the Flintstones or Land of The Lost knows that.  Sheesh.
OpsChief
+101|6690|Southern California

King_County_Downy wrote:

So which religion is right? I don't want to waste my life with false hopes and blind faith if I'm just going to end up in hell anyways.
We are conditioned to memorize other peoples opinions to graduate school. This makes faith hard to sustain because opinions fail over time and evidence.

Look for commonalites in all longstanding religions and you can see the "truths".  One interesting fundemental constant is Karma. It exists in some form in all major longlived religions across most thriving cultures. It exists not only in religious form but also in current Psychology mental health principles. It can be concluded as a constant since it was put forth in every major culture on Earth. My opinion is the religious components that exist in only one culture are likely leftovers from some pre-religious/pre-civilized myths and should be subject and tested frequently.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6646|Finland

JohnLeavitt wrote:

carbon dating is BS, example... this guy took a stalactite from the bottom of the Lincoln memorial that had grown there after the memorial had been built... he had it to be carbon dating tested and the result was 5 million years... lol Carbon dating is flawed... MASSIVELY!!!!
And how does that prove that carbon dating would fail?

Using rock as building material doesnt magically "reset" it's creation date. If a stalagtite had been growing there since the day it was built, and carbon dating said it to be 5 million years old.. ..then it's true!

No, it hadn't been there for 5 million years, but since 1966. So what's my point? The stalagtite consists of the same material as Lincoln Memorial, which is rock mined from somewhere. this rock material may well be 5 million years old. Carbon dating fossils is IMHO reliable to estimate the age of the dead cell structure.

Since this is "Junk Drawer" I will now post the infamous picture of Jesus riding a dinosaur

https://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-11/1112902/JesusDino.jpg

Edit: Damnit, destruktion_6143! You're too fast!

Last edited by DonFck (2006-11-30 10:54:55)

I need around tree fiddy.
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6669|Cambridge, England

some dumass wrote:

BTW the earth cannot be older that 20,000 years... here is why: the earth is slowly losing its gravity at the rate of 5% every 100 years... so if the earth is more that 20,000 years old then there would have been more that 10 G's of gravity, and humans can't live in more that 10 g's,  life would not be possible... therefore the earth cannot be older thatn 20,000...
you my freind are a retard, sorry no offence, at a loss of 5% every 100 years the original amount of gravity on the 7th day would have 17292.58 G for todays gravity to have been 1G do you think people could walk around with the weight of 17291.58 men on there sholders. Erm NO.

Infact Jesus himself would have weighed of 2.7 the weight of men nowerdays.

You are an insult to Christians everywhere.

Therefore i use my power of freewill to not listen to anything you say, unless of course you make up some other crap.

Fixed

Last edited by jimmanycricket (2006-11-30 11:06:03)

mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6554|The Lost Highway

maffiaw wrote:

Don't some zealous christians believe that the fossils of prehistoric animals/dinosaurs etc are """""a test of faith""""?
Actually, I thought the perception was that the fossils were fakes, made by anti-Christian propagandists. Which I don't believe, but I can understand them believing, since there are so many people trying to destroy the Religion.

Please, read all of what Superglueman posted. Or what Dubbs posted... Or what OpsChief wrote. All three of them make very valid points. Leavitt made some as well, but I doubt God put Jesus on the Earth, for salvation through the Catholic church.

The Bible is hard to use for either side of the argument, as I believe that it has been transcribed, and may have even had parts removed, changed, or added. In the Middle Ages, only monks had access to it, and they could've made countless altercations.

But I still fail to see how Dinosaurs are proof that Christianity is a scam.
jimmanycricket
EBC Member

JohnLeavitt wrote:

Oh my god you get funnier and funnier, soon you will be saying the radioactive decay dosnt exist and that then maby "how can an atom become a different atom" then this leads you to " the Nagasaki and Hiroshima Atom bombs were faked. OMG you are Either very ignorant or very stupid.
JohnLeavitt
+16|6457

OpsChief wrote:

Mr Leavitt while what you say is true science has uncovered evidence that adaptive mutation can occur in a two-generation cycle, in lower multi-celled creatures. None so far as I know, in complex critters like humans have been identified yet.
there are examples that micro-evolution has happened in humans. maybe you are familiar with sickle-cell anemia... commonly found in some tribes living in the rain forests. now if you look at it, sickle-cell anemia does cause damage to the body but it also make the victim immune to Malaria. considering that most of its victims come from rain forest areas with a lot of Malaria the sickle-cell anemia is actually saving their lives, several of these people from the Rain forests with sickle-cell anemia, which is a genetically transmitted disease, in their family lines have moved to a more cultured part of the world where the sickle-cell anemia has no positive effect, the sickle-cell anemia had disappeared from their family lines.

This is an excellent example of human adaptive mutation...
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6563|Southeastern USA
god made dinosaurs, amused by their wacky hijinks he was constantly upping the ante. creating new and better dinosaurs and wathcing them tear each other to pieces, fighting over pussy and food. then he got married and had some kids, which sucked the life out of him, in his last few days in his hobby shop making new animals, he came up with the idea of humans that would also fight over pussy and food, sometimes fighting food, sometimes fighting pussy. best thing was, he could quit making new critters to keep himself entertained, because the humans were constantly inventing new ways to fight and fuck. now he could sit back with his sam adams, in a wife beater, and watch the humans act like animals to his own bemusement.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

kr@cker wrote:

god made dinosaurs, amused by their wacky hijinks he was constantly upping the ante. creating new and better dinosaurs and wathcing them tear each other to pieces, fighting over pussy and food. then he got married and had some kids, which sucked the life out of him, in his last few days in his hobby shop making new animals, he came up with the idea of humans that would also fight over pussy and food, sometimes fighting food, sometimes fighting pussy. best thing was, he could quit making new critters to keep himself entertained, because the humans were constantly inventing new ways to fight and fuck. now he could sit back with his sam adams, in a wife beater, and watch the humans act like animals to his own bemusement.
I'm going with this one.
TheLostOne
+11|6526

e[V]o|ut|on wrote:

ok heres goes ur explanantion...1st of all, i'm a catholic...and to be serious in the 1st place, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE DINOSAUR WORLD AT ALL....cause there was no mention of such an existance in the bible at all...and i believe that most of those who believes in this dinosaur world are actually non-christians...
You have an amazingly good username to back your argument...
jimmanycricket
EBC Member

JohnLeavitt wrote:

THEY HAVE NEVER FOUND A CREATURE IN THE PROCESS OF MUTATING,
evolution= failed
My god is this the same guy 3 complete crap posts in 1 thread.

I have one word "Viruses" If there is no mutation, bring it on bird flu.

Oh one more word "Bacteria"  these mutate in a matter of hours as well.

Last edited by jimmanycricket (2006-11-30 11:19:09)

jimmanycricket
EBC Member
Lets Recap

JohnLeavitt wrote:

BTW the earth cannot be older that 20,000 years... here is why: the earth is slowly losing its gravity at the rate of 5% every 100 years... so if the earth is more that 20,000 years old then there would have been more that 10 G's of gravity, and humans can't live in more that 10 g's,  life would not be possible... therefore the earth cannot be older thatn 20,000...
you my freind are a retard, sorry no offence, at a loss of 5% every 100 years the original amount of gravity on the 7th day would have 17292.58 G for todays gravity to have been 1G do you think people could walk around with the weight of 17291.58 men on there sholders. Erm NO.

Infact Jesus himself would have weighed of 2.7 the weight of men nowerdays.

You are an insult to Christians everywhere.

Therefore i use my power of freewill to not listen to anything you say, unless of course you make up some other crap.

JohnLeavitt wrote:

carbon dating is BS, example... this guy took a stalactite from the bottom of the Lincoln memorial that had                   grown there after the memorial had been built... he had it to be carbon dating tested and the result was 5 million years... lol Carbon dating is flawed... MASSIVELY!!!!
Oh my god you get funnier and funnier, soon you will be saying the radioactive decay dosnt exist and that then maby "how can an atom become a different atom" then this leads you to " the Nagasaki and Hiroshima Atom bombs were faked. OMG you are Either very ignorant or very stupid.

JohnLeavitt wrote:

THEY HAVE NEVER FOUND A CREATURE IN THE PROCESS OF MUTATING,
    evolution= failed
My god is this the same guy 3 complete crap posts in 1 thread.

I have one word "Viruses" If there is no mutation, bring it on bird flu.

evolution= sucess

Oh BTW, im a christian.

Last edited by jimmanycricket (2006-11-30 11:22:25)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

TheLostOne wrote:

e[V]o|ut|on wrote:

ok heres goes ur explanantion...1st of all, i'm a catholic...and to be serious in the 1st place, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE DINOSAUR WORLD AT ALL....cause there was no mention of such an existance in the bible at all...and i believe that most of those who believes in this dinosaur world are actually non-christians...
You have an amazingly good username to back your argument...
well you see, when i walk along a beach and find a tooth so old it has turned to stone, or see lizards fossilized in rocks, or go to the museum and see ancient whale skeletons, i find that to be pretty convincing evidence that there were things going on previous to the 6000 years ago when the bible started.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
what's that about gravity? how does that have anything to do with how old a rock (the earth) is? Jupiters got a hell of alot more gravity than earth and it's doing just fine.
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
He was saying that the earth losses gravity, so therefore the earth cannot be older then20,000 years old as nothing could live then, and i pointed out that for a 5% loss every 100 years, like he said.

This would imply that  2000 years ago, Roman Empire, Jesus' Birth, I think everyone agrees on at least one of those facts. The gravity would have been 2.7 times higher, and that would be like cariing 1 and a half people on your back all the time. and 20,000 years ago it would have been 17292G

]So basically i was saying that there is no loss of gravity and he was infact about as wrong as you can be.

Last edited by jimmanycricket (2006-11-30 11:31:03)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
oh, well i dunno about all that, assuming it's true though, what does having life on it have to do with whether or not the earth exists? does the moon not exist?
EVieira
+105|6492|Lutenblaag, Molvania

JohnLeavitt wrote:

John, carbon dating has to be used on living (or past living) ORGANISMS. You can't go around carbon dating rocks, it doesn't work that way. The guy who did what you said is either a moron or just trying to fool people who don't understand how carbon dating works.
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
jimmanycricket
EBC Member

kr@cker wrote:

oh, well i dunno about all that, assuming it's true though, what does having life on it have to do with whether or not the earth exists? does the moon not exist?
Dont be rediculous there is no moon, The earth is held in a hollowed out ball and the sky is painted on the inside.

Pah some people.

Last edited by jimmanycricket (2006-11-30 11:32:34)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

EVieira wrote:

JohnLeavitt wrote:

John, carbon dating has to be used on living (or past living) ORGANISMS. You can't go around carbon dating rocks, it doesn't work that way. The guy who did what you said is either a moron or just trying to fool people who don't understand how carbon dating works.
yeah, the material that stalactite grew from was 5 million years old, not the formation itself.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6750|Salt Lake City

Just don't open the locker door.  You'll be in for quite a surprise.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6659|Ohio
acording to the bible, the universe was created in 7 days, but the unit "day" wasnt invented untill like the 5th or so day. So what makes people say that the biblical "day" is equal to a day on earth, why not be like 100 million years? that can explain the rise and fall of the dinosours, because it would be a day or 2 before man.

just a thought.
jimmanycricket
EBC Member

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

acording to the bible, the universe was created in 7 days, but the unit "day" wasnt invented untill like the 5th or so day. So what makes people say that the biblical "day" is equal to a day on earth, why not be like 100 million years? that can explain the rise and fall of the dinosours, because it would be a day or 2 before man.

just a thought.
exactly
JohnLeavitt
+16|6457
Thank you all for proving my point about Carbon Dating!!!!  so you think organic living tissue is new material?

WRONG it is the SAME EXACT material from the beginning of the world. that is why Carbon Dating can't work, everything is made from the same old atoms, just in new formations...fucking retards... man u guys really need to hit the books a bit...

BTW carbon dating is based on a GUESS. the whole process is based on the guess how long a carbon half life is and that its decomposition stays at the same rate... but we already know that different conditions can change the decomposition rate. so carbon dating TOTALLY FAILS AT DOING ANYTHING BUT DECEIVING YOU!!! ...fools...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard