l41e
+677|6658

k30dxedle wrote:

Updated 2202GMT Nov. 30, 2006. Update list:

-Krylov FA-37 section finished.
-Park 52 and Shuko K-80 added.
-BF2 counterparts added. Don't argue with me on these because 1. it's all a matter of opinion and 2. I won't change it.

Updated 2300GMT Nov. 30, 2006. Update list:

-Naming of companies (e.g. Turcotte, Takao, Krylov) added.

Updated 2036GMT Dec. 1, 2006. Update list:

-Sudnik VP, Malkov RK-11, and Zeller-H sections added.
-BJ-2 and Park 52 sections updated.

Updated 0155GMT Dec. 2, 2006. Update list:

-[img]tags fixed.
-Title changed (not part of update, but worth noting. Thanks to mcminty.

The following is a post about the possibility of BF2142 weapons and vehicles IRL. It also contains projected and obvious reasons for names for them. All images, descriptions, and statistics (where applicable) courtesy of bf2142fever, located here, and in turn courtesy of BF2142. Feasibility ratings include whether or not the weapons in real life would live up to their in-game properties and descriptions and do not include the fact that weapons do not get less accurate when fired in an automatic mode, they only have recoil and decreased stability. Trivia also included when applicable.

Alright. Let's start out with:

Section 1. Handheld weapons

Section 1.1. Weapons used by both factions

Defining characteristics: None are firearms. Also, all (except the BJ-2) are the "special features" of each kit.

1.1.1: BJ-2 Combat Knife:

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/c/c8/BJ2_Cbt_Knife.large.png

"The weapon of choice for the cunning soldier looking to humiliate his prey. Kills using the knife will yield the fallen soldier's dog tags as a trophy."

Feasibility: 6/10
I'm not exactly sure about this - I'd have to ask Parker about it. To me, this looks mostly doable, but that big slot in the blade is kind of a no-no. Again, I'm not what you could call an expert on knives. In real life having a knife that somehow warped a soldier's dog tags into your pocket when you killed them is definitely not possible.

Naming: Unknown. (BlowJob-2? Highly unlikely.)

1.1.1.1: Unlock knife ("Dogtagger Dagger 3000")

Feasibility: 6/10
No. That many holes in the blade will not work. By not work I mean "*snap crunch*". Actually, some of the, er, stronger stuff we humans make (think perhaps boron nitride) could probably stand up to the type of work this knife faces in BF2142. Same thing about dogtags on the standard knife applies here.

Naming: Pretty obvious. You receive it when you get 50 unique dogtags, hence "dogtagger". I'm not sure if this is even the actual name, though. I saw it on Wikipedia.

BF2 counterpart: M11 knife.

1.1.2: MHUB-21 (medical hub):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/f/f9/MHUB.21.jpg

"Within its medical equipment and supply package, the MHUB-21 Medical Hub includes a nitrate cauteriser, naproxin dosages, providone iodine wipes, benzalkonium chloride, a bulb syringe, trauma shears, petroleum gauze, occlusive dressings and adhesive bandages."

Feasibility: 0/10
Just no. Standing next to a box filled with medical supplies isn't going to make them automatically heal you. Also, "petroleum gauze"?...what were they thinking when they wrote up the description for this? I'm not exactly sure I want my wounds covered by a bunch of oil. Oh, and the box in-game carries some bags of "Hepatitis A" (or maybe it was C). I definitely do not want to be treated with that crap. Lastly, nothing man-made in real-life regenerates itself and self-destructs when its "brethren" are deployed.

Naming: Medical HUB 21.

BF2 counterpart: Closest counterpart is the medic bags.

1.1.3: AHUB-31 (ammunition hub):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/thumb/8/80/AHUB.31.jpg/200px-AHUB.31.jpg

"The AHUB-31 Ammo Hub completely refills both soldier and vehicle ammunition stores.

This is a standard item that each Support class carries. Unlocking the Advanced Ammo Hub will increase the speed of how fast ammo is replenished and allow the support class to replenish others ammo while sitting in a vehicle. "

Same as with the medical hub. Standing next to a box won't warp magazines and rockets into your pockets. Also, many things (A12 sentry gun, IPS shield, APMs, RDX, PDS-1, all the handheld things with screens (active camo, defuser, and pulse meter), and frag/smoke grenades, just to name some) are not depicted in the box, as well as some not even being small enough to fit in the box. Lastly, nothing man-made in real-life regenerates itself and self-destructs when its "brethren" are deployed. Yes, I copy-and-pasted that bit right out of the medical hub thing.

BF2 counterpart: Closest counterpart is the support ammunition bags.

Naming: Ammunition HUB 31

1.1.4: HOFF-3000 (repair tool):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/3/30/Hoff.3000.jpg

Look at it this way. Shooting a little reciprocating torch gun, or whatever it is, thing at a single spot on a vehicle will not repair high-caliber impacts and holes from numerous weapons (be they small-arms, tank cannons, guided missile launchers, railguns, or chain-guns). Also, that little canister or "something" below the forward grip doesn't exactly look like it holds a lot, hmm? In addition - if humankind somehow found out how do make one - it probably would either need to "reload" much more frequently than in-game, or wouldn't need to "reload" at all.

Naming: Named after BF2's HOFF-3 wrench (look in BFHQ for this). "000" added at the end for futuristic effect? Distinction? Something, anyway.

Trivia: See Naming.

BF2 counterpart: HOFF-3 wrench.

Section 1.2. EU weapons

Defining characteristics: Have 2/3 white stripes perpendicular to the front of the weapon and/or the EU logo (the 4-quadrant rounded undescribable kind of thing.) All are gunmetal or dark blue-colored. All have blue optical sights.

1.2.1: P33 Pereira (pistol):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/9/91/P33_Pereira.large.png

"The EU's primary sidearm, while accurate over short range, it should only be considered a last resort in today's confrontation."

Feasibility: 10/10
It's a frickin' generic revolver, except bulkified and with 8 rounds. It even has a hammer. Do I really need to say anything more?

Naming: Pistol 33. Apparently made by "Pereira" corporation. Periera may also be an official military nickname for the weapon, a la M1 Abrams. Pereia is a common surname in Portugese.

BF2 counterpart: None. BF2 doesn't have any revolvers.

1.2.2: SCAR 11 (assault rifle):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/8/81/SCAR11.02.jpg

"The combined effort of multiple US and European arms manufacturers, the SCAR 11 has become the standard issue Assault Rifle due to its robust firepower and ability to perform in cold weather conditions. The SCAR 11 maintains a high rate of fire even in arctic climates, using an integrated heat distributor to prevent apparatus freezing. Electronically-fired, each tungsten-core round boasts an impact velocity of over 800 m/s, penetrating even the latest body armor technologies."

Really, for all its supposed futuristic technology, this is definitely possible in real life, and that gigantic box for a body leaves lots of room for anything. A "heat distributor" is definitely possible with the aforementioned box for a body. The scope, while not exactly ordinary, is also possible. The magazine is a stretch, but with multi-column magazines (more than 2 columns), it's probably doable.

Naming: "S" Combat Assault Rifle 11. The "S" is up for grabs. In the modern FN SCAR, it stands for "Special forces [capable]". It would appear that it is the 11th in a series of European assault rifles.

Markings: "M-714-38.PK" on both sides of the forward barrel assembly.

Trivia: See naming. Also, this is the only BF2142 assault rifle with different "deploy" sounds for the attached Herzog and AR-rockets.

BF2 counterpart: Mix of AK-47 and M16A2.

1.2.3: Morretti SR4 (sniper rifle):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/0/09/Morretti-SR4.jpg

"The Morretti SR4 (Sniper Rifle 4) is a next generation sniping medium utilizing a semiautomatic configuration, high calibre round and telescopic sight to effectively assail medium and long-range targets. The rifle is fitted with a carbonized metal barrel to decrease thermal distortion, ensuring maximum accuracy, although the high calibre generates significant recoil, requiring a non-repetitive, one shot/one kill approach."

Feasibillity: 10/10
This weapon is for the most part definitely doable with modern technology. However, it is important to note that such a rifle would in all likelihood not be adopted with modern armies, due to better, cheaper, and more conventional systems. Let's start with the unusual configuration. It's a bullpup, omgwtfbbq. The extremely short distance from the rear of the magazine and the buttpad virtually requires electronic firing. The recoiling barrel is possible. Carbonized? Steel is, by definition, "carbonized". GG. (DICE: 300 years too late. Sorry.) The scope would probably have to be digital, seeing as it's rectangular and - when unzoomed - has a scrolling display along the left side. The scope flaps are probably OK with today's actuator technology. The forward-back charging handle is possible with an electronic firing system. (Even without one, several Russian shotguns use this system anyway.)

Naming: Sniper Rifle 4, obviously. Apparently made by "Morretti" corporation. Moretti, a variation of Morretti, is apparently an Italian surname.

BF2 counterpart: L96A1. Why? Both are European, both have the same accuracy as their "counterpart" rifle (M24 and Park 52) and both have fast reload times.

1.2.4: Bianchi FA-6 (LMG):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/6/6a/Binachi.FA6.jpg

"The Bianchi FA-6 Light Machine Gun is remarkably effective as a provider of suppressive fire given its all-condition resilience and lengthy firing duration. Unlike its 21st century precursors, with its heat-resistant metal alloy components and computer-driven thermal transfer system, the Bianchi FA-6 requires neither mid-battle barrel changes nor maintenance, allowing for rapid, uninterrupted fire. With a retractable bipod, the Bianchi FA-6 is most accurate when fired from the prone position."

Feasibility: 7/10
Well, what can I say. Many parts of this are doable. Basically anything physical is possible. The 150-round box magazine is a bit of a stretch, but given the extremely low damage, DICE would be forgiven for packing, for example, 4.6mm caseless ammunition in there. However, DICE completely blew it with the description. A firearm will require maintenance and a machine gun especially will require barrel changes, like it or not. If it's supposedly so perfect...why does it overheat after firing 40 rounds? And the sights themselves are possible, but the reticle isn't - unless the FA-6 follows the mechanism followed below. Lastly, the chances of any gun getting more accurate after firing are unlikely. There is only one possibility I can think of for this, operating on a principle similiar to the Mk.15 Phalanx and Goalkeeper CIWS ship defense systems:

-Weapon is naturally accurate, but purposely adjusts barrel within a certain angle at beginning of burst.
-Internal radar, or some kind of tracker, tracks bullets and point of aim. (Point of aim found with built-in laser rangefinder.)
-If radar/tracker detects that bullets are going past the point of aim, barrel adjustment gradually grows smaller until it stops.

Naming: I'm going to take a shot at: Fusil Automatique 6. If this is in fact the name, then it would be named after the 53-year-old FN FAL automatic rifle. Bianchi is a "frequent proper name" in Italian, whatever that means.

Trivia: See Naming.

BF2 counterpart: MG36 or QBB-95 (Chinese MG.)

1.2.5: Mitchell AV-18 (guided anti-tank):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/2/22/Mitchell_AV-18.jpg

"The Mitchell AV-18 Anti-Vehicle weapon is able to perforate even the most resilient cladding and cause extensive damage. This modern-day Anti-Vehicle weapon was developed in direct response to mid-century advances in vehicle armor design. Made from polyminium, a new titanium-based amalgam, the Mitchell AV-18 body is ultralight, allowing a greater portion of its travel weight to be dedicated to ammunition. Replacing standard HEAT (high explosive anti-tank) rockets with heavier, more formidable, superplastic, multi-warhead explosives, the Mitchell AV-18 is able to perforate even the most resilient cladding and cause extensive damage."

The weapon, in-game, is possible IRL, although TBH not exactly efficient what with 4 separate rockets using 4 separate, extremely short barrels. The only problem with the description is "polyminium". "Polyminium" hasn't been invented yet. Alternatively, we could just name an existing titanium alloy as such and avoid the problem altogether. Never heard of superplasticity? Don't feel bad - neither had I until I looked it up on Wikipedia. The article explains everything about that concept, so I won't go through it here. (Basically, it's where a "solid crystalline material" is deformed a lot at high temperatures.) That also explains the steam coming out of the ammunition area during reloading.

Naming: Anti-Vehicle 18. Apparently made by "Mitchell" corporation.

Trivia: "Mitchell" is the only company to make two weapons in BF2142. (AV-18 and SAAW 86) Mitchell is an English name.

BF2 counterpart: ERYX. The ERYX is actually European (French/Canadian.) Why, in BF2, the Europeans use an American weapon while everybody else uses a European weapon is beyond me...

1.2.6: Turcotte Rapid (SMG):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/f/f5/Turcotte_Rapid_SMG.png

"Originally used in law enforcement and adopted by military forces as a personal defense weapon, the high-tech Turcotte Rapid SMG (Sub Machine Gun) combines the muzzle velocity of a standard assault rifle, the automatic capability of a machine gun and the portability of a pistol. Loaded with small caliber, armor-piercing rounds, the Turcotte Rapid lacks accuracy and stopping power at long range, but its high rate of fire makes it an effective close combat weapon."

Generic compact sub-machinegun, although firing Personal Defense Weapon-caliber ammunition. (e.g. 4.6x30mm or 5.7x28mm) Sight is probably digital or with no special optical properties (basically, just flat glass with a red dot.) Has no charging handle, however this can be possible with an electronic firing system.

Naming: "Rapid". That's all. Probably named for its high rate of fire, around 900 rounds per minute. Turcotte is a surname.

BF2 counterpart: Type 85, for the lack of semi-automatic. None of the BF2 SMGs has higher damage or a smaller magazine, though.

Section 1.3. PAC weapons

Defining characteristics: All, except T20, have some form of camouflage. All have green optical sights.

1.3.1: Takao T20 (pistol).

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/e/e3/TakaoT20.large.png

"The PAC's primary sidearm, while accurate over short range, it should only be considered a last resort in today's confrontation."

Generic semi-automatic pistol, albeit with a crappy "omgpewpewpew" sound and a TMP/MP-9/M16/MP7-type T-shaped charging handle. This would definitely sound different in real life. Sights suck but are definitely feasible, if stupid. (I have to emphasize the stupid part.) Why are the sights stupid? The green part does absolutely nothing except take up space. The three parts of the sight are all at the front, which means you could be aiming up or down and not know it.

Naming: How would I know? However, Takao is a mountain in Japan, among other things.

BF2 counterpart: Any of the pistols. Probably QSZ-92 or MP-444 (yes, it is the MP-444) for the Asian origin.

1.3.2: Krylov FA-37 (assault rifle):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/d/d0/Krylov.FA-37.jpg

"Employed by frontline infantry in a similar capacity as the EU SCAR 11, the Krylov FA-37 fires a comparable caseless armor-piercing round with considerably more recoil due to its lighter weight, hollow graphite stock. The PAC assault rifle is equally effective in winter environments, utilizing a built-in thermal dispenser. Appreciably damaging, but less accurate when fired fully automatic, the Krylov FA-37 is often operated in single-shot mode, precision enhanced via a fixed-position optical sight."

Uh...

It's an assault rifle. And, yeah. Scope/carry handle idea was taken straight from the G36E/K. This rifle probably has an electronic firing system, considering the lack of a charging handle. Herzog/PK-74 area is good, although that barrel is absolutely tiny. One note about the description: a lightweight stock would, indeed, increase recoil. However, I'm not sure what effect that would have on muzzle climb. On one hand, a significantly lighter weapon would have more muzzle climb. On the other, a comparitively heavier front end would decrease muzzle climb. One final note about the stock: graphite? That's the stuff in pencils. After just a short time in use, Krylov stocks would abrade down to nothingness.

Naming: Perhaps: Fusil Automatique 37 (Automatic Rifle 37; see Bianchi FA-6, above.) 37 could mean it was adopted by the PAC armed forces in 2137. This would make it the Automatic Rifle, Model 2137. Apparently Krylov is a common Russian last name.p

BF2 counterpart: AK-101.

1.3.3: Park 52 (sniper rifle):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/3/32/Park.52.02.jpg

"Firing a custom-designed, 14mm flechette round, the Park 52 Sniper Rifle provides an equivalent level of force and precision as the EU Morretti SR4 without the cumbersome design factors. Fabricated using the latest metallurgic technologies, the lightweight Park 52 counters accuracy-hampering movement through shock-resistant, plastic steel barrel bedding. A high-magnification scope allows the sniper a long-range visual field, which can be upgraded through the DysTek Hi-Scope x4."

Feasibility: 3/10
Not all that doable. You could make something somewhat like this, but not completely. Let's take a look...

Stock: Nothing special here. It's adjustable. Move on.
Magazine well/area: Obviously electronic. Would have to have a couple of sensors.
Pistol grip/foregrip: That's a lot of cant - but - it's possible, ergonomic gripes aside.
Optical sight: L0mgwtf? This thing goes down inside the weapon. And the only thing where it goes down is the barrel. So apparently your sights are in the way of the bullet and are destroyed and instantly regenerated each time you fire? I didn't think so.
Bipod: It's a bipod. Bite me.
Barrel: Looks short for a sniper rifle, but then again it's a bullpup. Muzzle brake should work IRL.

Now on to the description. Only two things messed up.

-A flechette round? On a sniper rifle? See here for why that's not exactly plausible... Flecco says that with "magnetic acceleration" it's plausible. Personally? How would I know?
-Plastic steel? Figure this out yourself.

Naming: 52 and nothing more, woo. Apparently made by "Park" corporation. (Park is a very common Korean name.)

BF2 counterpart: M24.

1.3.4: Shuko K-80 (LMG):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/1/12/ShukoK80.jpg

"Like its EU counterpart, the Bianchi FA-6, the PAC Shuko K-80 Light Machine Gun provides invaluable support to assault operations through unrelenting suppressive fire. Shooting smaller, nitrocellulose-molded, caseless ammunition, the Shuko K-80 boasts higher clip capacity, resulting in less frequent reloading, albeit at the expensive of per round stopping power. Like the Bianchi FA-6, the Shuko K-80 is more precise when stabilized on its protracted bipod."

Feasibility: 5/10
On first look, this seems perfectly fine. I would give it a 10/10 except for three things, two of which were discussed in the Bianchi section: the scope reticle, the extremely small magazine and high capacity, and the weapon getting more accurate as it fire. The reticle and accuracy are discussed in the Bianchi section above, so I'll skip to the mag. Let's see...one word...ah, yes. TINY. A 5.56x45mm NATO magazine like that could probably hold, I don't know, about - for example - 60 rounds. The only problem? The BF2142 K-80 holds 200. 60/200 = 0.3. 0.3x5.56 = 1.668mm caliber ammunition. Think about that. That's less than 2mm (or 1/8 inch if you're used to US units.) That's absolutely tiny. Even giving it the lenience of caseless ammunition, which could perhaps increase the round size to 2mm or so, those are still some damn tiny rounds. Electronically fired.

Naming: K-80? Wassat mean? Don't ask me. I don't know what Shuko means. Wikipedia says it's a ninja weapon...

BF2 counterpart: M249 SAW. HK21? Possible, but not likely.

1.3.5: Sudnik VP (guided anti-tank):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/a/ad/SudnikVP.small.jpg

"The Sudnik VP Anti-Vehicle weapon fires a single optically guided missile with a shaped charge capable of penetrating over two feet of steel plate. The multiple stages of the shaped charge allow the Sudnik to by pass traditional reactive armors without sacrificing the overall effectiveness of the weapon system."

Optically guided missiles? Done. That's what the O in TOW is for. Shaped charges? Done. Multiple-stage charges? Done. 'Nuff said.

Naming: VP. Vladamir Putin? (Think this is ridiculous? Check out the Soviet Iosef Stalin tank.) Admittedly, it's not likely, but it's the only thing I could think of. Apparently made by "Sudnik" corporation.

BF2 counterpart: ERYX, again.

1.3.6: Malkov RK-11 (SMG):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/7/7f/Malkov_RK11_SMG.png

"Slightly lighter than the EU Turcotte Rapid due to its reinforced polymer stock, the Malkov RK-11 SMG (Sub Machine Gun) is equally effective in confined environments, using a high firing rate to ensure multiple impact points. Like its EU counterpart, the Malkov RK-11 suffers a great loss of stopping power at long range"

Perfectly doable IRL. The magazine placement seems to be derived from the real-life P90 PDW. It seems to have some kind of ineffective built-in suppressor at the front, which might account for its crappy sound. Scope is fine, if kind of small.

Naming: RK-11? [something] Karbine in German? I don't know. Malkov (or some kind of Malkov with a symbol) is the name of some places in the Czech Republic.

BF2 counterpart: Type 85.

Section 1.4: Unlock weapons

Defining characteristics: None. Some (including the Lambert Carbine) have a small, vertically symmetrical logo.

1.4.1: Zeller-H (sniper rifle):

https://bf2142fever.com/content/images/5/50/Unlock.114.large.png

"A significant upgrade from the Morretti SR4 and Park 52 Sniper Rifles, the Zeller-H Advanced Sniper Rifle features state-of-the-art targeting precision, resulting from a series of enhancements including computerized stabilization and advanced muzzle-brakes for recoil dampening. The Zeller-H's higher caliber ammunition gives this anti-material sniper rifle a highly enhanced stopping power, especially against lightly armored targets."

This weapon is far worse than the real-life Barrett M82A1 (a semi-auto with a 10-round magazine) and the bipod was ripped straight from the real-life and BF2 QBU-88. We can do better than this in real life. Next. (One note: The description says it has a muzzle brake. It doesn't. That's a suppressor. The Park 52 has a muzzle brake/flash suppressor, but not this.)

Naming:
H. H? Wtfax, ja? Zeller is a surname. No more information given on Wikipedia.

BF2 counterpart: M95.

UPDATED. MORE COMING LATER.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-12-01 17:56:28)

Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6613|Philadelphia, PA
Cool.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6536|Singapore
interesting...
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6665|Brisbane, Australia

Too. Much. Time
MrPredictable
+14|6696
It seems you have a bit too much time on your hands, but it is a very good post with genuine insight on both fake and modern firearms.  +1
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

Sarrk wrote:

Too. Much. Time
Like you can talk...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
l41e
+677|6658

Sarrk wrote:

Too. Much. Time
Ja. I know.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6742|St. Andrews / Oslo

wrong section?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
ozzie_johnson
+98|6667|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
aahh nice i guess, +1 for your time. btw the pac weapons ftw.
l41e
+677|6658

Jenspm wrote:

wrong section?
I put it here because I linked it to real-life.

Edit: Oh yeah, I just updated it 3 minutes ago.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-11-30 14:05:20)

Master*
Banned
+416|6504|United States
its called the future
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
lol interesting. I actually read all of it.

Well at least it's like 140 years into the future so DICE basically had only their imagination as their limit (I know, it's not exactly ground breaking or imaginative design either)
Brasso
+1,549|6640

Why can't the Park 5 use a flechette round?  I failed to find it in the Wikipedia article.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
l41e
+677|6658

haffeysucks wrote:

Why can't the Park 5 use a flechette round?  I failed to find it in the Wikipedia article.
Apparently it's light and thus easily thrown off track, has little tissue damage due to small size, and can be inaccurate when used with sabots.
Brasso
+1,549|6640

k30dxedle wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Apparently it's light and thus easily thrown off track, has little tissue damage due to small size, and can be inaccurate when used with sabots.
Ah.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
l41e
+677|6658

Any more questions/comments/suggestions?

Edit: Yes, this post is a pathetic attempt at hiding a bump...

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-11-30 15:18:19)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6731|Sydney, Australia
Can you change the title (I forget ) or do you want me to add ".vs real life" or something like that. I'm only suggesting that because I nearly moved it to the 2142 section before I realised what it was actually about.

Mcminty.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6536|Singapore
will you be talking about unlocks?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

On the subject of the dogtagger dagger.... If it's made of titanium or one of the other strong alloys that we humans are fond of making I don't think it would snap particularly easily...

Oh, and if some sort of magnetic acceleration were used a flechette round is plausible on a sniper rifle.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
l41e
+677|6658

mcminty wrote:

Can you change the title (I forget tongue) or do you want me to add ".vs real life" or something like that. I'm only suggesting that because I nearly moved it to the 2142 section before I realised what it was actually about.

Mcminty.
Sure. That'd be great.

jkohlc wrote:

will you be talking about unlocks?
Yes. Going to start on that right after I finish this post and the Sudnik/Malkov.

Flecco wrote:

On the subject of the dogtagger dagger.... If it's made of titanium or one of the other strong alloys that we humans are fond of making I don't think it would snap particularly easily...

Oh, and if some sort of magnetic acceleration were used a flechette round is plausible on a sniper rifle.
I guess that's true. I'll update it with it that info.
l41e
+677|6658

Edit: Whoa! Looks like I posted it again. Refer to OP for the information.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-12-01 12:41:50)

chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6518|Los Angeles, California
Wanna update this?
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6536|Singapore
nice. keep up the good work..
Cubanpenguin
+35|6687|Kingston, Canada

Flecco wrote:

To my knowledge Titanium is actually not quite as strong as steel but it is however about half the weight.  It is mainly used to save weight and not as a stronger alternative to steel so it would not be that useful for a knife as it really wouldn't make too much of a difference in weight and the difference in cost for outfitting an army would be immense.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard