The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6682|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/29112006/356/a … ancer.html

The world leader in helping people quit this terrible habit of smoking has himself died of lung cancer.

He cured 4 people who I passed one of his books onto.

Im quitting myself soon, Ive given up the Ganj 2 months ago easily and fags are next.

I hope Santa drops one of his books off to me.

RIP Dr Carr, you cured millions.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6528|Adelaide, South Australia

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/Nachtefuchs/BIG_make-face-sad.jpg

my dad quit smoking a few months back.
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|6718|Kangarooland
how did he 'cure' them?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

ozghost wrote:

how did he 'cure' them?
Wrote books on how to quit?

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2006-11-29 03:39:37)

ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|6718|Kangarooland
helping quit rather then cure makes alot more sense
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6565|Kent, UK
no, you can cure someone of an addiction
Approx 6/7 years back 3 of us (mum, bro in law and myself) all quit new years eve. Mum had got us the books for ch.., "off santa". Unknown to us, Mum had started again after a few months.  Bro in law n Mum lived close by.  I visited after 6 months having quit and she confessed she'd started again (im not giving the reason why).  I gave in there and then after 6 months.  I had done it just as easily as giving up smoking ganja (been on that for 16 years daily)  Bro in law to the day still hasnt had a fag since.

Mum got diganosed feb 05 with throat n lung cancer, died oct 05.

He can't cure everybody you have to want to do it yourself but I promise anybody who reads this, if you want to do it you will and getting hold of one of his books will help you big time.

Im going to have another go this new years eve, not because of the money (I smoke imported rollies), not for Mum, not for my daughter but due to new legistation due in next year.  I suppose its a mixture of all the reasons mentioned and not just the last one to be fair.

Id say that within my family and those that have tried quitting using his book that I passed the book onto he has a 80% success rate.  His logics are simple.  Theres a tobacco monster in your stomach, feed it and it will live.  Its an addiction but nobody has ever woken up in the middle of the night as they need a fag, where as when awake most people cant go an hour without one or so they like to think.

I cant emphasise how good his books are, so this Christmas if your stuck for a present which costs the same as a cd, by somebody one of his books that you love and see if you can help save a life.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

I vote for this to go in D&ST. this is too sad/serious for Junk Drawer.
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|6718|Kangarooland
every time an author dies?
Well if your suggesting Ive only mentioned his name once he has died your wrong.  I have other posts here quoting his name and what he has written from months ago.  If that itsn't what your suggesting forgive me only you cut your sentance short.

Perhaps this does belong in the more serious section but I reckon more people would be aware of his name and books here and thus more people get the help they need if they wanted it here.  It is however a very serious subject to many.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard