ignore elite-sniper,
he probably is just jealous

great guide and would +1 you if i could
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
Check out my sight images.

And I also added a bunch of new videos

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-06-08 17:16:10)

san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live

Marinejuana wrote:

Check out my sight images.

And I also added a bunch of new videos
I don't see any videos of you up there. What's the deal with that?
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
I guess I should pirate a copy of fraps and make one? I'm sure fraps costs more than an eighth of weed. Anyway, I'd like to.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6680|Middle of nowhere

Marinejuana wrote:

if u can definitely make it work then thats cool. i just think its best to overburden the movement hand and dedicate the mouse to aiming. Aim usually needs more precision than movement.
agreed, using the numbers is so much easier

but for some reason my left hand doesn't like to find the "4" button for grenades

anyone else have this problem? or is my hand just fucked up?
nexONE
+0|6203

Marinejuana wrote:

I guess I should pirate a copy of fraps and make one? I'm sure fraps costs more than an eighth of weed. Anyway, I'd like to.
u got the right way to compare shit, haha.
Threat.Con.Zero
+0|6139|New Zealand, Auckland, Manurew
THE CHAIN TACTIC..

Requirements.. Medic and Support..

The Chain Tactic is able to chain down a group of incoming soldiers with losing very little health..

Ideal Maps.. Road to Jalalabad when coming from the lake to U.S base. and the Big Rocks positioned in between.. pick off snipers stationed just on the bank of U.S Base.. Strike at Karkand.. Countless Areas.. Any Map really..

Initiating Chain Tactic..

Position Your Support Against a Rock (Rock, Wall, Stairs, Any projecting points).. So he is in Full View of the enemy or area, at the same time his side is against the Rock.. The medic is positioned on the side of him, although is protected from the Rock, thus is covered from enemy fire and enemies will not spot him.. The idea is.. Support sprays enemy while Medic Drops Medic bags on Support.. The Support can take in heavy damage   
but the medic is dropping bags on him to quickly get his health up..

Nawmean?

But if a grenade popps up in front of you.. your fucked..

Threat.Con.Zero
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6465|meh-land

Threat.Con.Zero wrote:

But if a grenade popps up in front of you.. your fucked..

Threat.Con.Zero
not really, because the support's already prone so a little twist and he can take a direct grenade, and the medic can run

its known as medpack 'stacking' actually, which involves throwing down as many medpacks as possible behind a spot and then shooting from there
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
its not a bad strategy, and i use something very similar all the time in medic squads. watch your teammate shooting while they are either standing behind cover or sitting next to it like u describe. odds are they have a medpack of their own at their feet. either way, throw out some health to stand over. as soon as this teammate ducks, dies, or jumps behind cover, get them healed then instantly take their place shooting. u can get a lot of scrap kills like this because when the enemy sees your teammate duck away, they think its time to charge, instead u are just popping up with a full clip ready to rock. its ideal for your team that both of you are shooting at enemies whenever possible. Most of the time you can both be exposed and shooting at the same time. as long as you are working together and listening for the death sound, u will probably get every revive. if yer both hugging cover, then it almost takes luck for the enemy to kill you both before u can revive.

the problem is that hardly any pubbers will take teamwork seriously enough to use tactics like this and even when u get a squad of good players together, u sometimes see them ignoring these kinds of tactics because they are almost racing eachother through the map for a gold. always bear in mind that the core of FPS tactics is in forcing man down situations. u may have an even 5v5 8v8 or hell, 64v64 game going on, but the team that wins will probably be the team that had the largest number of 2+ vs. 1 situations. thats why i dont recommend the support/medic thing u propose. its not bad, but it would be beaten by the team that 2 vs 1s your lone support gunner and then eventually kills you as well as you repeatedly scramble around for the revive.

and keep the "grenade trick" in mind while ur using this tactic. any time u are trying to be the backup guy, go prone against your cover so that your head is in the barrel/pipe/sandbag/wall/etc and then a grenade could literally blow up an inch away from u and ud only go down to 50% health. witha health pac at your feet its like nothing happened at all. and if u are standing over 3 health packs then you could take 4 consecutive grenades and still be at 50% health!

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-07-25 03:17:38)

GenericKen
+1|6153
Great guide.

I feel like reviving while proning deserves at least a little bit of credit in your guide. The shock paddle has a good bit of range to allow for reviving while standing, but used while prone, the range goes out quite a bit farther than you would expect (I almost want to say 2 meters), letting your revive teamates pretty out in the open from safely behind cover. A screenie on the max revive distance while prone would be ideal.
Dezi
+0|5961
Nice stuff. I didnt know about the grenade trick. Some great stuff to keep in mind.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle

GenericKen wrote:

Great guide.

I feel like reviving while proning deserves at least a little bit of credit in your guide. The shock paddle has a good bit of range to allow for reviving while standing, but used while prone, the range goes out quite a bit farther than you would expect (I almost want to say 2 meters), letting your revive teamates pretty out in the open from safely behind cover. A screenie on the max revive distance while prone would be ideal.
sure, u get a little more horizontal range if u are prone, so it def has its place. not to mention if u need to be prone or crouched to get the benefit of some piece of cover. i only recommend learning to revive on the run because its probably the best way to approach a given revive unless some particular factor makes it necessary to prone.

in bf2 it really helps to reserve your prone key for those split seconds where u know somebody is or is about to land a spray on you. so u might run across the street, letting go of sprint for only that split instant that u click to revive a buddy, while an enemy struggles to hit you sprinting. u use this time sprinting toward the dead teammate to, with a glance, see exactly where the enemy is and then after the revive, even while still standing up, or maybe in a quick sprinting jump, u then aim at them, and in that instant where u are now facing them and probably about to die because theyve been focused on shooting at you for 5 seconds now, u hit prone, your head as a target moves like six feet, and since u are already aiming, u just have to click, and 9 times out of ten since they are already sitting still, all of your shots reg, and none of theirs do b/c they are either out of ammo or have built up too much recoil deviation b/c they were just shooting for 8 seconds straight trying to hit you on the run.

if you were to just automatically go prone for every revive, then you might already find yourself laying down sitting still in that moment where u are turning to face the enemy after the revive. and if thats the case, u will probably be dead before u even aim at them. in bf2 the sad truth is that if people are sprinting (especially perpendicular), they are almost invincible. u might hit them, but you probably wont kill them before you need to reload or they reach some kind of cover/stop for half an instant and blow your head off as u lay there trying to figure out where their hitbox is. this doesnt apply to people with crazy good hitreg, but u dont see many of those.

now this doesnt mean that u wouldnt be just as safe reviving everybody with a little 0.5 second dolphin dive, but reviving can be annoying, sometimes u can successfully revive their shoes and other times you revive the center of mass only to realize that you have simply revived their ammo/med pack or other inert garment. for all these reasons i think it helps to just revive on the run where you can aim nice and smoothly (because ur just sprinting, not doing the little prone compensation). keeping your aim dead on while going prone might be one of the primary learning curves in this game's io mode. u have to do it a bit to get the feel of it and even when u are good at it, u arent as smooth as u would be if u were just standing still concentrating on your right hand. the only reason people do it a lot in bf2 is because its one of the only ways that u can rapidly dodge a shot at the same moment as directly aiming. so i only see it as that useful when im trying to kill someone, u can dodge bullets just as well while sprinting sideways if ur just trying to revive, so its usually not worth the slight amount of additional effort and the distinct ~15% possibility that u miss the revive altogether. i mean if i know im behind cover i will just stand perfectly still in any position to revive, because under those conditions you might as well do whatever u can to just not somehow miss the easy revive.

lol, at how much i can ramble about this game.

This short somewhat crappy vid exemplifies most of this stuff:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=89746

Last edited by Marinejuana (2008-01-11 13:14:51)

Korny09
+8|6275|Ohio
Good work!  Especially the sighting.  I have 2 marksmanship awards (real life) but can't do squat on BF2, this helps me understand why & hopefully now I can start to increase my stats.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space

san4 wrote:

But I need help with the "headshot game". I rarely go for headshots and good players frequently headshot me before I can put enough bullets into their chest. I'm having trouble training myself to make going for the headshot my first reaction. [/b]
Simple: Play Counterstrike for an hour.
ResQTech
+1|6354|in a cage, on antibiotics
as this is clearly the best guide on the website, how come it hasn't been stickied yet?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard