Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle

jermyang wrote:

this is the most boastful and unintelligent post i have read in a long time.
"I don't consider the G36E a gun" because... it's actually real you just think you're better than everyone else because you don't use unlocks. nice. self-righteous bastard.
Keep blaming other things, i hate it when people do that.
and in the end the only message you put across is that you have an ego the size of a blimp.
Dude chill out, he made some good points.

Simon wrote:

I use personalised controls that I've used for other FPS's, for me it is A LOT easier to use the scroll wheel than using the number keys, I'm sure you didn't actually mean that if you don't use the number keys you must suck at BF2 but you get my point
Of course you can get by, but if you are actually trying to keep up with the good players you have no chance of playing medic effectively while swtiching between weapons for shooting, nading, healing, and reviving duties in the perfect moments. It takes about half a second to switch from item to item with numbers but it can take up to two if u are scrolling.

I edited the post to address this issue under "setting up the mouse and keyboard." You will see there are additional reasons why u dont want to bind these functions to the mouse.

so if u are using the scroll wheel, maybe u are pretty good, but u could be a lot better. im not trying to offend people for doing whats fun. if u want to use your wheel use your wheel.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-06-11 14:21:00)

Not
Great success!
+216|6578|Chandler, AZ
Also, when you use the scroll wheel you run the risk of missing what you're going for. Especially if your wheel is loose and has a tendency to overshoot. Not to mention that if you're out of grenades for example, and you try to get to your med bags but mistakenly stop on the nades, it makes you restart the whole scroll. By this time you're shot in the head and it's over.
ResQTech
+1|6354|in a cage, on antibiotics

Marinejuana wrote:

You must actually see yourself pushing aside your weapon and picking up the bong while sitting indian style amidst the karkand dust. Deploy a smoke grenade on your position. See that sniper across from you? Try sending him a "follow me" so that he realizes he is next in the rotation.
I was always suspicious that you were totally insane....The sad part is I'm pretty sure i've seen you do this a couple of times. I was wondering why you kept spawning "follow me" while you were prone in a smoke plume.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6650|Norway
Very good guide, took some time i guess. I agree with you on everything, the only thing i`d like to add is a mouse setting suggestion:
https://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2197/mouseej0.jpg

Setting the rifle to the scroll wheel makes you draw it fast as hell and it`s easy to switch firing modes. For the pistol i use the F key.

1+

Not wrote:

(I don't consider the G36E a gun, I could kill 5 enemies in a row with no monitor using the G36E)
LOL, so true...
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6658|The View From The Afternoon
+1 for that. I didn't really learn anything new, but still worth the effort to read.

The only thing I don't see is why you would help your potential enemies into becoming better players?

EDIT: Actually, after watching those vids I played two quick rounds where I tried to "not zoom", even on large distances, and it worked great. 19 -1 and 25 - 4 were the scores. More headshots than usual. Thx for the advice.

Last edited by CruZ4dR (2006-12-06 09:32:04)

Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
awesome
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6536|Edmonton Alberta

ResQTech wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

You must actually see yourself pushing aside your weapon and picking up the bong while sitting indian style amidst the karkand dust. Deploy a smoke grenade on your position. See that sniper across from you? Try sending him a "follow me" so that he realizes he is next in the rotation.
I was always suspicious that you were totally insane....The sad part is I'm pretty sure i've seen you do this a couple of times. I was wondering why you kept spawning "follow me" while you were prone in a smoke plume.
i use this exact same configuration almost... even the f key for the pistol

except instead of buttons on the side i have a scroll left-right as well as scroll up and down.... so i just remapped the scroll left and right to like 3-5 or something through the logitech control panel... its awesome for quick medpacks and quick changing from single shot to full auto
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6562
Pre 1.3 Videos.....
Snipa Fox
+21|6399|Brisbane, Australia

c4_he_was_famous wrote:

Pre 1.3 Videos.....
Neg. Medic Manslaughter was made from one day of playing. Was made during 1.3 patch.

Awesome guide, might take me a day to read through all of it

Well done. +1

Last edited by Snipa Fox (2006-12-06 21:12:38)

[Spec]-=Colonel_Zero=-
+21|6363|None ya

Longbow wrote:

Not bad , usefull for a newbie .
Well I don't see you spending your time writing something this long to benefit your gameplay. I thought it was great plus one for him.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6330

Nicely Done. I read it all, but admit i spaced out sometimes just staring at the words...seeing random 3d images...

I have to say the crouch spamming is a great tactic. I was on a knife/pistol server boosting stats on a new account... And i kicked so much butt. I had 70+\- kills averaging 10-15 deaths!  It is a wise idea to start shooting before you get ur gun in full view of the guy, sometimes just earlier shots bounching around their heads  scares them enough to not focus well on the fire fight.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
yep
san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live
This is a great guide. +1
I changed my mouse sensitivity to 1.7 (from .6!) and it helped immediately. I also zoom much less frequently and I've had a few pretty good rounds against good players.

But I need help with the "headshot game". I rarely go for headshots and good players frequently headshot me before I can put enough bullets into their chest. I'm having trouble training myself to make going for the headshot my first reaction.

Actually, it seems like you don't even recommend going straight for the headshot--the guide says to shoot at an enemy's waist and let the gun drift up from the recoil. Won't good players just headshot you before your gun gets up to their head?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6347|Twyford, UK
I find it's best to spot and eliminate them before they get to headshot range (IE, before they can make it out). 3 short bursts into the main body and they drop, as a general rule. (No matter what you're using, it's 3 short bursts, it seems. Accuracy, power, deviation, and ammo count all seem to balance to that.)
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle

san4 wrote:

This is a great guide. +1
I changed my mouse sensitivity to 1.7 (from .6!) and it helped immediately. I also zoom much less frequently and I've had a few pretty good rounds against good players.

But I need help with the "headshot game". I rarely go for headshots and good players frequently headshot me before I can put enough bullets into their chest. I'm having trouble training myself to make going for the headshot my first reaction.

Actually, it seems like you don't even recommend going straight for the headshot--the guide says to shoot at an enemy's waist and let the gun drift up from the recoil. Won't good players just headshot you before your gun gets up to their head?
in retrospect, i recommend aiming higher than the waist, it seems like chest or neck level is better. if u are in single shot and u line the iron with the top of their head, u will get a headshot. Since this is difficult to do at very close range and on moving targets, i instead use full auto. i find that the first bullet on full auto often lands dead on the top of the iron, but that the rest land above the iron by just a tiny bit. So if u aim at the neck on full auto, u are actually setting up maybe three shots to the head. with bf2's bad hitreg aside, this kind of volume to the face usually gets a kill. in bf2 the first hit is usually dust, so sacrificing the first shot on full auto doesnt matter much. and if u are fighting well, u will begin shooting before they do. i am always going for headshots in single shot mode if i am shooting far.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-02-15 20:44:34)

Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
bumping my awesome guide that everyone needs to see. otherwise whats the point in making updates? plus my sig is even cooler when you see it twice.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-03-17 06:40:03)

Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
1.  Excellent guide, a very good read, thanks for the tips to try.

2.  The best thing I have found for the scroll is to hardbind knife/pistol to up/down, if done the right way you still scroll zoom in the commander screen.

Fredrik wrote:

Very good guide, took some time i guess. I agree with you on everything, the only thing i`d like to add is a mouse setting suggestion:

Setting the rifle to the scroll wheel makes you draw it fast as hell and it`s easy to switch firing modes. For the pistol i use the F key.
3. I have an MX518 like Fredrik above but instead I bind all of them on there, the mouse is my weapons station and I can hit all but the zoom button while also pressing fire.

Mouse1: Fire
Mouse2: Iron
Scroll Click: Main weapon
Scroll Up: Knife
Scroll Down: Pistol
Side1: Nades
Side2: Packs
Sens1: Paddles/Wrench
Doc: Map zoom

Plus 3 sensitivity settings.

Last edited by Mad Ad (2007-03-17 14:15:45)

Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
if u can definitely make it work then thats cool. i just think its best to overburden the movement hand and dedicate the mouse to aiming. Aim usually needs more precision than movement.
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6417|...
Very good guide, +1.  Whats everyone else's take?
toutinette
+2|6261|Canada
i dissagree with the scroll wheel, i use with all kits and use it very fast cuz u cant une use 1-7 when sprinting and u have to let go a hand form the jumping or anything

i use the scroll wheel VRY fast but after, it gets kinda fucked so new mouse!
ethrion
+25|6395|Hong Kong @ the moment
I just upped my mouse sensitivity for infantry to 1.70 and its much better!
toutinette
+2|6261|Canada
dude mouse sensivity, i played it at 2000 dpi on a gaming mouse, crazy!!!
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
I threw in some random updates here and there so I'm bumping the guide Hope some people are still finding it useful.
elite-sniper697
Dirty.^Elite<3
+15|6179
wow man u have way too much time on your hands... next time maybe you should try something constructive... like get a freaking girlfriend u looser!
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

elite-sniper697 wrote:

wow man u have way too much time on your hands... next time maybe you should try something constructive... like get a freaking girlfriend u looser!
Yay, flaming!
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard