Rickover
+1|6363
I mean, assuming that you have both unlocked, why use the EMP? I've found that motion mines actually slow down enemy tanks better because they come to a stop once they hear the alarm noise, plus there's a chance you can kill them. EMP's  have little real effect on cars because their momentum carries them through.

I understand that in theory you could ambush a tank or walker who's hit one of these because they can't fire back for 5 seconds, but really, who does that? Maybe the effect should last longer?

If there's a really good use for these things, I'm all ears.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6596|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
put EMP mines infront of the motion mines so they have nowhere to go but 6 feet under
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6562|Australia, NSW
i find motion mines more handy. enemy tanks will just sit there surrounded in them, and theres a perfect chance to pilum them in the side. if they try to escape the pilum, the mines get them.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

Agreed^^^^  I tend to use motion mines myself but depending on how I feel, I like pissing off the driver by stopping him and jumping infront of his vehicle and then out of view again   Very often they will get out if you do that, jump in it (STOLE) and bang bang bishop.

Martyn
Rickover
+1|6363
The thing with putting EMP's in front of Motion, don't the EMP's stop the tank, thus making the Motion less effective?
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6395|Belgium

The comnination of the 2 is verry handy to kill rogue buggydrivers. With the nos injection on, the buggy can escape the motionmines, but the empmine slows them just enough down to let the motionmines do the work
Rickover
+1|6363
Hmmm ok I didn't know buggies could outrun them. But I guess there's little or no reason to equip the EMP over the Motion.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6680|In You Endo- Stoke
Dunno i have the unlock but don't use them.

I tend to have motion mines and the scanner so i can see them when i am hiding behind a silo and popping pilum shots in his or her ass
1MaNArmY
+2|6799

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

Dunno i have the unlock but don't use them.

I tend to have motion mines and the scanner so i can see them when i am hiding behind a silo and popping pilum shots in his or her ass
nice combination to inflicet some major damage.
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6395|Belgium

Rickover wrote:

Hmmm ok I didn't know buggies could outrun them. But I guess there's little or no reason to equip the EMP over the Motion.
It became a sport for me just to piss the people off who planted them and wanted to see me die:p
jnick
+22|6783

Rickover wrote:

The thing with putting EMP's in front of Motion, don't the EMP's stop the tank, thus making the Motion less effective?
Sure do. At most, EMP should be AFTER the motion . . .

Last edited by jnick (2006-11-26 18:05:52)

doc. josh
+48|6546
ITs gay the the active defence of shield dosent stop motion kines at the least it should make them do half damage
Pfc. Leemus
Ownerer via the strategic use of bullets
+20|6609|N.S.W, Australia

doc. josh wrote:

ITs gay the the active defence of shield dosent stop motion kines at the least it should make them do half damage
I disagree.
Tetn1s
+59|6643|Los Angeles
i would put an ips shield in a tight place where vehicles can fit through, that way the shield would stop it in its tracks, then put a motion mine behind the shield, because the tank would try and destroy the shield, but instead, your motion mine destroys the tank.
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6717|MoVal, Southern California
hm... i just unlocked the EMP mines. they don't really stop FAVs... some guy ran over the three of them i laid down, barely came to a halt, then proceeded to speed away before i got the chance to pilum him. I wish i had those motion mines though
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

Motion mines are probably the best gadget in the game. They are sooo FUN to use and they give you bunch of kills. I would use the EMP mines If I had 3 slots because I find the PDS and motion mines much more usefull.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard