Snakestyles
+17|6738|South Africa
Over the last few weeks i have been spending most of my time on the bf2 servers stealing enemy vehicles, i just love bombing the enemy with thier own jet or shooting it up karkand in a stolen tank. Not only does it deny the enemy vital weaponary but i find i am much more cautious with whatever stolen vehicle im in be it a jet,chopper or tank. The fact that i know it will be hard to re-capture the vehicle makes me keep it "running" for much longer. Do any of you of do this?, i think its a great tactic for a clan game am just waiting for our next scrimm to try it out.
GTKtino
+0|6771
I think thats pretty cool , I do it as much as I can , especially if I know the enemy has pilot whores, it really defines the outcome of the battle I think, but what I do is get the enemies helo, and go hide it somewere so it wont spawn. he he.

but really I hate the ppl who kill me at the beginning of the round just to get a jet or helo or tank.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6839|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Snakestyles wrote:

Over the last few weeks i have been spending most of my time on the bf2 servers stealing enemy vehicles, i just love bombing the enemy with thier own jet or shooting it up karkand in a stolen tank. Not only does it deny the enemy vital weaponary but i find i am much more cautious with whatever stolen vehicle im in be it a jet,chopper or tank. The fact that i know it will be hard to re-capture the vehicle makes me keep it "running" for much longer. Do any of you of do this?, i think its a great tactic for a clan game am just waiting for our next scrimm to try it out.
I do it quite a bit, stealing enemy tanks.. and yeah, i kept on repairing it as it is a bitch to steal it back (especially on Karkand and Mashtuur). Its great for sneak attacks, as there is this split second of trying to check if its friend or foe.
Snakestyles
+17|6738|South Africa

GTKtino wrote:

I think thats pretty cool , I do it as much as I can , especially if I know the enemy has pilot whores, it really defines the outcome of the battle I think, but what I do is get the enemies helo, and go hide it somewere so it wont spawn. he he.

but really I hate the ppl who kill me at the beginning of the round just to get a jet or helo or tank.
Agreed, on the servers i play on ( I live in South Africa were we have four ranked servers) there ar quite a few uber pilots some of them left over from 1942. For me there is nothing more fun that stealing a jet or bomber and then killing the guys a few times at the airfield. God i love this game!.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

one of my friends who's a pretty good pilot was playing with me and a few others on this server. And he said 'just to be an asshole' before he left, took both jets from Operation Clean Sweep and landed them on the hilly side, in the suicide zone. Then quit the server.

Luckily tehre were only 40-50 tickets left but we spent half our time trying to get/blow up the planes >.<
sheggalism
+16|6743|France
Sneaking into the enemy base in order to mine his armors or planting claymores in HMMVH or Vodnik (see it there : https://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/pic243.jpg ) for an instant kill is really unfair but so fun to do. Sometimes better than stealing vehicules.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

stealing a vehicle or putting C4 on it can be a good tactic to deny the enemy some valuable assets, but I have also been banned once for doing that in the uncap USMC Base on Dragon Valley. Some clan server rules will state that the only legitimate targets in an uncap Base are the commander assets ( UAV, RADAR, Arti ) and you are not supposed to steal vehicles from there. They say it is unfair...

I didn't agree and argued that if they weren't able to defend their base against any attack, they deserved to have their vehicles stolen. I don't think that's unfair. They banned me anyway. I am still discussing that stupid rule with them on their forums...
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6845|Germany / Saxony
This is a war game for me. And in love and war all is fair.
So I think stealing vehicles is legit.
Imagine a US-Sergant in Vietnam-War just whining: "Oh, no the big bad Charlie-Spec-Ops have stolen our Attack Chopper. Please bring it back, its so unfair....huhuhu..."
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
nayo450
+-1|6794
well in that case they should go back to playing onslot mode in ut2k4 if they dont want vehical theft.

Last edited by nayo450 (2005-11-24 02:51:45)

thinner44
+1|6810
I though that if you did steal vehicles and left them, they would eventually explode and respwan in their original place. As for 'stealing from the enemy', it's legitimate and the server that have rules against this are obviously the ones where they have no form of defence. Everyone wants the glory of kills so they all rush forward, no one wants to hold their base. I do, and it's where I get most of my quality kills .

B.Schuss says "I am still discussing that stupid rule with them on their forums". Keep trying, eventually they will realise, you are quite correct.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

thinner44 wrote:

I though that if you did steal vehicles and left them, they would eventually explode and respwan in their original place.
they do. if you want to deny them that particular vehicle for a longer period of time ( without using it yourself, that is ), you need to have it repaired from time to time. If you have the personnel, put the vehicle where they can't find it easily and assign an engineer to watch over it.

But I guess most people would rather use it themselves and risk that it can be destroyed, in which case it would respawn at the enemy's base.

@thinner: yeah, I think I made a good case, and I hope they lift the ban because it's one of my favourite servers. On the other hand, I don't expect them to change the rule. After all, it's their server so they make the rules.
thinner44
+1|6810

B.Schuss wrote:

they do. if you want to deny them that particular vehicle for a longer period of time ( without using it yourself, that is ), you need to have it repaired from time to time. If you have the personnel, put the vehicle where they can't find it easily and assign an engineer to watch over it.
Ahh, you know I never thought of that ... So I could happiliy nick 2 planes as an engy, steer them off to the middle of nowhere and sit it out reparing them... Sounds good, I'll give it a go
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

Or you can do what I did, on a 16 player dragon valley, I stole the chinese chopper with a mate, landed it on top of one of those bigass white cylindrical thingies (silos?) and proceeded to own the hell out of every one @ powerplant and chinese main. + Me and my friend were engineers, so we just took turn in the gunner's and the other would repair away. No phear from AA as it doesn't lock on an empty chopper
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6810|UK

sheggalism wrote:

Sneaking into the enemy base in order to mine his armors or planting claymores in HMMVH or Vodnik (see it there : http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/pic243.jpg ) for an instant kill is really unfair but so fun to do. Sometimes better than stealing vehicules.
Dude, that's not sneaking into the enemy's base as you are clearly USMC and that is clearly the USMC base. If you did then switch to MEC that is incredibly lame and earns you the title of "Chief Gimp and Fucktard".

As for stealing vehicles, always a worthwhile thing. I managed to steal a tank an enemy engineers was fixing and then killed him with it (and a good few other enemies). I agree, it's definitely something you should do given the chance. However, you need to beware allied idiots. Yesterday on Wake Island we were raiding the airfield and I was about to steal the just spawned attack chopper when the tank with us decided to blow it up, killing me and destroying a useful asset.

Last edited by C.Keen (2005-11-24 04:14:34)

sheggalism
+16|6743|France

C.Keen wrote:

Dude, that's not sneaking into the enemy's base as you are clearly USMC and that is clearly the USMC base. If you did then switch to MEC that is incredibly lame and earns you the title of "Chief Gimp and Fucktard".
Sorry if that disturbs you but firstly, it just a screenshot that shows how to mine humvee inside (I could put an other screen to show how to directly "undermine" a tank to prevent enemy from taking it and to frag some "tank whores" waiting for armor spawn) and secondly it isn't "my" screen since it comes from "secretofbattlefield" website as you can see. So I don't do such things like mining my own base, and of course I never (only when it remains the uncapturable enemy flag and when all my team mates do it together) rape the enemy main base without our commander's orders. It was just an example. And I can tell you that it's very rare to have that kind of occasion, i.e. mining humvees with claymores without doing a TKs.
Snakestyles
+17|6738|South Africa
Good things to steal and the maps

Wake Island as USMC get the J10's
Sharqui Peninsula USMC or MEC Get Tank and the chopper
Operation Clean sweep  USMC or PLA Get the Jets,the bomber is easiest.
Karkand USMC or PLA get the armour, if your USMC just get the back spawn point as the apc's and tanks will spawn even if you have flag.
Dragon Valley as USMC get the J10's and the attack helo

Im sure there are more...and yea u can steal from the carriers but the ones i have listed are easiest.
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6810|UK

sheggalism wrote:

Sorry if that disturbs you but firstly, it just a screenshot that shows how to mine humvee inside (I could put an other screen to show how to directly "undermine" a tank to prevent enemy from taking it and to frag some "tank whores" waiting for armor spawn) and secondly it isn't "my" screen since it comes from "secretofbattlefield" website as you can see. So I don't do such things like mining my own base, and of course I never (only when it remains the uncapturable enemy flag and when all my team mates do it together) rape the enemy main base without our commander's orders. It was just an example. And I can tell you that it's very rare to have that kind of occasion, i.e. mining humvees with claymores without doing a TKs.
Glad to hear it, but you have to admit your comment and that screenie did look highly suspect, and given I've seen people pull similar (if not quite the same) acts you never can tell.
HellSibling
+0|6803
i think the word steal is to harsh in this instance, i like to "commandeer" or "liberate" vehicles from the enemay...

i like doing this sort of thing as a special forces, sneak into a base, blow up as much shit as you can, grab a vehicle/aircraft and bug out...fun fun.

i had a commander last night that actually listened to my requests for supplies, he kept dropping them behind a hill, i'd stea...er...liberate a vehicle, reload on C4 and then sneak back and wreak havoc.

being able to liberate a vehicle from an enemy base should be like a rite of passage for special forces types...
BlackJackBob
+2|6755|Canada
The best is fooling a driver into bailing out of a tank.. by either putting c4 on it and not blowing it.. or just pretending to put c4 on it.
I've even been a sniper, held a claymore out and jumped all over a tank.. he thought i was placing c4 so he bailed. I hopped in, and ran him over...

it was great
AlphaDrake
+10|6784|Edmonton
I love taking our chopper to the enemy base, and flying the planes to the end of the runway so people (if they can even see the plane) have to run to get it, back it up, and try to take off while we shoot them out of the sky.....its pretty funny
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6775|NRW,Germany
I love to sneak into enmy bases to steal jets, tanks, choppers and while I´m there I plant C4 on the vehicles around.
Once I entered the US main base in Karkand, placed C4 on the APCs took the tank and made a run. Short time later both APCs started firing at me so I jumped out of the tank, detonated the C4 to see that 8 people were inside of the APCs ^^
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield
I steal thier tanks, because until they kill me it won't respawn, I ask someone who knows how to fly to steal thier chopper on Shark, total chaos. Those AA are useless.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
the AA on sharqi really are not useless.  if youre USMC and the MEC people know what theyre doing, youll never be able to get your precious hoverbird off the ground.  the hotel point AA is a bitch.  srsly.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield
Yeah because obviously the bird is stationary and if they saw you on the AA (face it AA sucks on a moving target) they'd shoot you first, but looks like they weren't paying attention and were off to see grandma.

And why would you sit on the AA when USMC are spawning inside the tv station, take that bitch! then all aircraft is yours anyway. Otherwise I don't see you lasting that long on AA. Just my opinion because it happened to me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard