Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6562|England

https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/Gator/Title.png

As of 4th March 2007, this topic has now been moved to the BF2s Wiki!
http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/th … or-dummies

56kers BEWARE! There are a LOT of images in this guide.

This is probably the final update. I physically and mentally cannot find anything else to write about

------------------------------------
UPDATES
07 July 2007
  • *NEW* Section and video added for getting the choppers inside the ship (Section 7.13)
04 March 2007
  • Guide converted and moved onto the official BF2s Wiki**
  • Essex Gun info pretty much finalised (Section 6.2)
  • Link to BFSecrets added for SF Choppering (Section 5.8)
05 Feb 2007 - (Major update with new additions and modifications)
  • *NEW* Subsections are now indexed and coloured for easier reading
  • *NEW* Commander spots added (Section 7.8)
  • *NEW* Sniper spot added (Section 7.7)
  • *NEW* Essex Gun info added (Section 6.2)
  • *NEW* Picture added in C4 section (Section 6.1)
  • *NEW* Ideas and tactics added to the "floor level fighting" (Sections 5.1 - 5.3)
  • *NEW* Possible awards to be earnt (Section 1.2)
  • *NEW* Flag screenshots for reference (Section 3)
  • *NEW* How to parachute onto the ramp (without suiciding!) (Section 7.9)
  • *NEW* Server Setting Suggestions (Section 7.12)
  • Note added about grenade launchers not being available for assault added (Section 1.1) (thanks to SilentAndy)
  • Note added about graphics settings (Section 6.7) (thanks to SilentAndy)
  • MEC LMG totals corrected (Section 1)
  • Mounted LMG info amended to suit above change (Section 7.6)
  • MI-17 landing in boat bay confirmation added (Section 4)
  • Info added with limiting the Apaches movement with the Tunguska and countering it (Section 5.5 and 5.9)
  • Some miscellaneous text changes
05 Dec 2006 - (Major update with new info and additions from replies made to topic)
  • *NEW* Topic title logo created and added
  • *NEW* 16size map info added (Section 7)
  • *NEW* Essex Gun notes added and expanded (Section 6)
  • *NEW* Use of AT mines added (Section 6)
  • *NEW* MEC AT Rockets Vs Essex Gun (Section 5)
  • *NEW* More info and tips added regarding Barrels, Sniping, Mounted LMG's & Teleporting (Section 7)
  • Heli repair zones updated (Section 5)
  • Server IP's updated (Section 8)
  • Slight changes to layout and some text added/changed in places
30 Nov 2006 - (Minor update for a mistake)
  • Comment of NV being available removed (thanks to ShadowFoX for pointing out my deliberate mistake )
27 Nov 2006 - (Minor update to reflect ideas from replies made to topic)
  • *NEW* Section "Bits n Pieces" added, including ideas and tactics from myself and both -TL- and Delphy
  • *NEW* Additional server IP added
  • *NEW* Additional link to another Gator Guide added (thanks to Bratwurstschnecke)

------------------------------------

Last edited by Snake (2007-07-07 03:59:31)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6526|Boston, MA
Wow, that's A LOT of work. I'm going to give you a +1 before I even begin to read it. And I am going to read the whole thing since I always seem to lose on that map and would like to finally get an upper hand since it is a sick map.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6624|IRELAND

dude, you put some work into that. +1
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6772
Damn son....how long that take ya??

Featured anyone?
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6672|Ft. Drum, NY
wow, good job......lol, turn down the graphics!
TheLostOne
+11|6508
Very good job. +1
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6839|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Awesome! A lot of things there I wasn't aware of.

+1 for sure!
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6623|UK
What would you prefer?

For me to sticky it or move it to the guides section?
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6747|the middle of nowhere
I love you. Sticky.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6594|S.C.
Sticky it +1
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6645
I smell sticky
RexRandy
+2|6711
Nice!
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6525|Belgium
wow.. iron gator isnt a less popular sf map though, there are lots of maps running it.
BluRR33
+27|6383|Sweden
Good Job!  took long time?   how man Hours?

https://www.bf2sigs.net/sigs/2/12/69876662.png
Shadow893
lel
+75|6688|England

JahManRed wrote:

dude, you put some work into that. +1
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6366|Pittsburgh, PA USA
I am so thankful that there is people with the attention span to think so deeply about things like this & I def needed this guide more than any other since I get so pissed running around that ship knowing I'm right at the Mini-map spot where a flag is but can't see or take it! You really think things through too which makes this even more helpful, like "Once the Apache is down, check out the Essex Gun again and rape the Viewing Deck. The downed Apache Pilots will want to be respawning to reclaim their chopper - so make em pay for it. Mostly, they will spawn as AT to try and take you out - so watch for those rockets." Good stuff, good stuff +1 for you for sure.

Last edited by MagikTrik (2006-11-26 12:00:05)

ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6527
Good job on the guide. Lots of nice visuals. +1
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6562|England

Hey thanks fellas Ive just got 20 karma from this....

In terms of time, typing wise? About 4-5 hours worth actually But its been building up over about a month, so not a lot of time, all at once, if you know what I mean. Just steadily increasing.

I will probably add to this, since there are some things Ive deliberatly missed because they are, imo, so simple. But they can help the less experienced to get to grips a bit more I guess.
For example, after capping the Hangar Bay Aft flag, always run along the left side of the ship so that the choppers cant blow you up with missiles and cannon fire. I see that as common sense really! But it does evade some people.
And Im not putting in the chopper glitch flag caps, even though I know 2 of them...since it is lame as fuck!

Thanks for the Sticky btw admin....very kind of you

Just had a few rounds on TMP, had one person say they had read it A private with a new account...so who was it?

iPoon.be wrote:

wow.. iron gator isnt a less popular sf map though, there are lots of maps running it.
Well, compared to whorelord and Ghost Town I meant

Last edited by Snake (2006-11-26 13:55:30)

=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6580|England
Wow.. thats a lota work. Gota give you a +1
-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|6488|Oklahoma City
You might want to add something on the pointlessness of repeatedly spawning at a flag that is getting raped by both choppers.  A lot of noobs spawn over and over, just to get killed, while their team is fighting for the spawns below deck.

Last edited by -TL- (2006-11-26 14:10:41)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6562|England

-TL- wrote:

You might want to add something on the pointlessness of repeatedly spawning at a flag that is getting raped by both choppers, since a lot of noobs spawn over and over, just to get killed, while their team is fighting for the spawns below deck.
Hmmm, thats a good point actually. Again, I see that as common sense...but it does evade a lot of new players.
Although...its fun if you are actually in the chopper
Will add that in tomorrow (with credit).

Last edited by Snake (2006-11-26 14:10:50)

-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|6488|Oklahoma City
Yeah, "Flag Importance" covers that a little, but you could mention it specifically, just for the noobs.
Delphy
+45|6581|Bristol, UK
Very nice guide. A few points:

Don't ever try to land the Mi-17 on the deck. You'll get SRAW-ed to shit. The best tactic for it is to take off, stay where you are and just climb, till you're a good 300/400 feet up. The Essex will be locking on while you're climbing, but it'll miss when you flare because of the range. Then just fly straight towards the viewing deck, and HALO out. Go downstairs to the Mess Hall or Hangar Bay Fore, nobody spawns there and you can take them easily.

When defending, if a flag gets capped that's up the other end of the ship, don't run to it, most of your teammates will, leaving your flag undefended, you need to stay and guard it.

Weapon choices:

When defending the deck or Engine Room bay, you want to go AT as stated and SRAW the chopper and boats. The DAO is also decent for the corridors.

When inside the ship, you want a fast weapon, infantry combat on this map is all about speed as there's nowhere to hide really; it's all about who gets the drop. Ak-47, Ak-101, G3 and G36C are all great for this, when you come across an enemy, prone and fire.
The support guns are slower, in a head-on with a decent player with one of the aforementioned weapons you will generally lose. However, they are useful for camping a spot; prone on a staircase where you know enemies will come from, you can often suprise them, or prone in the corner of a corridor facing away from a door where enemies will be running through. Often they will run past you and you can fill their back with lead!

RPK-74 is the best, if you don't have access to that then the PKM is also good.

Also Support is useful for grenade spamming into the corridor that goes from Flight Deck to the Engine Room (you sit at the top of the stairs), or into the Hangar Bay Aft from the catwalk just below the Flight Deck.

I've also had success with the Pimp Cane (aka M11-87). Due to the CQC nature of the lower decks, you can do well with it, simply point and shoot. If you're not close enough or you don't kill in one, be annoying and bunnyhop and get closer to the target.

Oh yeah, when raping the decks with the Hind, don't do a straight-on missile run, the thing's too fat and the missiles are like 20 feet apart. You need to strafe in a curve, or circle if you can keep it going. The missiles will come out kind of diagonally, to either the right or left depending on which way you're strafing. It takes a bit of practice, but once you get it down it's more accurate.

Could you add a server to your list please? Weedkings is a really good server, they play all SF day maps and a night one occasionally. Gator is their starting map, and they often just switch to it randomly in the middle of the rotation as well! It fills up from about 3PM GMT.

You can search for Weedkings or EA DE.

82.192.78.152:16567

Last edited by Delphy (2006-11-27 04:52:56)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6515|Adelaide, South Australia

Fantastic job, mate:
https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/Nachtefuchs/FishyStick.jpg
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6519|the Netherlands
Ziplines and Grapple Hooks ... why ??? why they removed it ??? Silly move it is !
all & all The Gator is a nice map for CQB etc. Nice effort in making this guide dude well doen +1 karma from me
https://wiki.bf2s.com/_media/weapons/tools/nsrif_crossbow.png?w=&h=&cache=cache
https://wiki.bf2s.com/_media/weapons/tools/nsrif_grapplinghook.png?w=&h=&cache=cache

good map for the 44 kills for kits expert badge ... still havent got it but the map makes it possible specialy as US SEAL team A HOOAH !

Last edited by Tjasso (2006-11-27 05:18:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard