Club3D
+31|6812
Once you are locked you are dead, I think this option should be possible for armor, with just smoke is just purely adding more details to your own destruction.

What do you think?
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6554|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
The Laser Guided Missiles would not be at all fooled by heat...  It is not even logical.
!!yaya
+1|6333
Why on earth would you want flares on armor? how much damage do you think a sidewinder does to armor(half  a bar??)? If youre talking about the Missle from a helo then youre confused. The missle from a Helo is TV guided not heat guided. How bout not spamming armor and ground pound then you wont have to worry about air vehicles.
Deadly-Bulb
+2|6529
IRL, most air to surface missiles do not use a heat-seaking head, they are either radar or TV guided.  a flare against radar or optical homing would be ineffective.

in the case of BF2, anyone driving a tank over open ground without air cover deserves to be destroyed.  especially since the SRAW weapon is so ineffective in most cases.  a shoulder launched anti-armor weapon with a HEAT warhead should certainly either destroy tank/kill crew ( if it hit in a low-armored area i.e. top turret ) or destroy mobility ( tank tread ) or gunner optics ( turret hit )
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6537|England

As soon as theres a missile lock on...jump out of the tank. The missile lands wide every time in a massive explosion. Jump back in and off you go.
Works every time for me on Daqing.

Last edited by Snake (2006-11-26 09:58:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard