ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6483|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
https://img47.imageshack.us/img47/5905/screen003uw3.jpg

why is the battlefield community so ignorant compared to any other, its so anoying!

its a sodding game i paid for it i can do what i goddam like

if you cant read what i highlited its saying.... BANN CD KEY ELIT3 BASECAMPER

Last edited by ELITE-UK (2006-11-25 13:28:55)

WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6742|Oslo, Norway
'Cause they suck.
Dutchman-195
Ea & Dice Hater Fan Club
+17|6529|Oro Valley-Tucson, AZ

ELITE-UK wrote:

Damn Straight
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6518|Minnesota eh
I belive that BF series is the easiest fps to get into because of the low skill curve level. Thus, little kids that have very little skill complain, unlike CS or AA where if u suck, you stop playing.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6558|UK

Mr.Casual wrote:

I belive that BF series is the easiest fps to get into because of the low skill curve level. Thus, little kids that have very little skill complain, unlike CS or AA where if u suck, you stop playing.
Aye, so we will make it you only die if your shot in the left eye! 

If that server had a rule that you are not allowed to bass camp and you broke that rule you have fuck all to cry about, if not then fair enough I see where you are coming from but the sheer amount of people who whince about stuff like this when they are blatently breaking a server's rule is unbelievable.  Yes play the game, but the rules are in place to try and ensure 'fun' for all the people on it, not just a few 'ELIT3' campers.

Agreed on the comunity coment though (well generally speaking), atleast from my experience.

Martyn
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477
Bass camper? is that like Boy Scouts in a rock band or is this guy a grade school drop out?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6528|Adelaide, South Australia

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Bass camper? is that like Boy Scouts in a rock band or is this guy a grade school drop out?
......no.

baserape, basecamp, spawnkill all you bloodywell want. if they are stupid enough to spawn there constantly, they deserve to die.
Jackabo
+127|6567|Dublin, Ireland
you got a good point there, you paid for the game so you can do what you want. If i want to hack on a game i should be allowed cos i payed for it.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6664|UK

Dutchman-195 wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

Damn Straight
could not agree more, you payed for the game, NOT THE SERVER.....

if the sserver has rules follow them if not FUCK IT
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6551|Sammamish, WA

ELITE-UK wrote:

.-^Jackabo^-. wrote:

you got a good point there, you paid for the game so you can do what you want. If i want to hack on a game i should be allowed cos i payed for it.
A person actually cannot do whatever they want simply because they have a licensed copy of the client (the operation of which requires acceptance of EA's terms). "Paying for the game" actually means you pay a license fee to operate a copy of the BF2142 client. Doing so is subject to rules set by EA, which are the license agreement and "Terms of Use" that you have to agree to when installing the software. You think you own the software? Nope. All you own is the right to operate a copy of it, and just how you operate it is governed not by you but by EA.

The argument "...i paid for it i can do what i goddam like" is no different than the argument "I paid for the gun I ought to be able to shoot whomever I want" and is just as invalid. In this case I think you're the one who's ignorant of exactly what you're paying for. Don't like it? Return or eBay your copy of the software.

Oh, and the people on that server also paid for it and, unlike you and your copy of BF2142, they can make and enforce the rules as they see fit. It's their perrogative to kick/ban as they want; remember they don't have to even let you on to the server, they can PW it if they want. If they think you're ruining the experience of others playing then they have the power to enforce their own rules.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2006-11-25 15:43:23)

Crestfallen
+27|6458|England, Leicester

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

......no.

baserape, base camp, spawnkill all you bloodywell want. if they are stupid enough to spawn there constantly, they deserve to die.
QFE

If they know that there is an opponent in that area and they repeatedly spawn to try and kill them, then fine, if they don't want to go somewhere else its there problem.  If they have no other bases left, then I could see a problem then and let off, but otherwise, there is no problem.
gearpig
+6|6770|SoCal
If its an un-capable base I can see the validity of the complaint. But I hate it when it's a capture point and they call you a camper. Of course I'm going to kill any enemy I see spawn there, I'm trying to cap the point and win the friggin game. Either fighter better, or spawn somewhere else!!

Last edited by gearpig (2006-11-25 16:09:50)

Dex Luther
+32|6447|Canukastan

ELITE-UK wrote:

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/5905/screen003uw3.jpg

why is the battlefield community so ignorant compared to any other, its so anoying!

if you cant read what i highlited its saying.... BANN CD KEY ELIT3 BASECAMPER
The thing you don't get is others have paid just as much as you have for the game, so you can't do anything you please.

Lets try to apply your way of thinking to other aspects of life:

I paid for my car, so I'll do what I want with it. That means I can drive on the side walks and run people over. I can even weld large metal spikes onto the front of the car and run into people.

I paid for my house, so I can do what ever I want in it. I can invite people over and murder them the minute they step through the door.

You can't do any of that stuff (legally) can you? That's because even though you bought something doesn't mean you have the freedom to do what you want with it.

It might just be a game, but games have rules to them. Otherwise it's not a game. It's just a bunch of people doing stuff.

Now don't get me wrong. If your playing conquest and have capped all the flags, then base rape all you want. It's their own fault for getting into that mess.
MrEzeuss
+26|6399|Nethterlands (ZH)

JdeFalconr wrote:

The argument "...i paid for it i can do what i goddam like" is no different than the argument "I paid for the gun I ought to be able to shoot whomever I want" and is just as invalid. In this case I think you're the one who's ignorant of exactly what you're paying for. Don't like it? Return or eBay your copy of the software.
Sorry but i hate to disappoint you. The arguments you make are valid, but do not apply here.
First of all i bought the game, and although i may not do anything i #&^%& like, i can sure as hell play it any #&^%& way i want within the given rules.
Although .-^Jackabo^-. wrote "...i paid for it i can do what i goddam like", you know what he meant. He, me and a lot of others want to play the game the way we like to play. And if that means finding a sweet spot and blowing your brains all over the flagpole, that's frustrating for you, but good for me, my team and the side i play for.

And you are right if you say it's frustrating (dying every 15 seconds because the only place to spawn is surrounded by campers), but what do you want? people waiting for you to reload your weapon because it's not fair to shoot an unarmed person?

Come on, it's a game. today i got three kills in a row. All of them where the same person. I felt for the guy, because I've been there to, but next round there's a new chance.
Dex Luther
+32|6447|Canukastan

MrEzeuss wrote:

JdeFalconr wrote:

Sorry but i hate to disappoint you. The arguments you make are valid, but do not apply here.
First of all i bought the game, and although i may not do anything i #&^%& like, i can sure as hell play it any #&^%& way i want within the given rules.
Although .-^Jackabo^-. wrote "...i paid for it i can do what i goddam like", you know what he meant. He, me and a lot of others want to play the game the way we like to play. And if that means finding a sweet spot and blowing your brains all over the flagpole, that's frustrating for you, but good for me, my team and the side i play for.

And you are right if you say it's frustrating (dying every 15 seconds because the only place to spawn is surrounded by campers), but what do you want? people waiting for you to reload your weapon because it's not fair to shoot an unarmed person?

Come on, it's a game. today i got three kills in a row. All of them where the same person. I felt for the guy, because I've been there to, but next round there's a new chance.
You are also wrong. No matter what EA retains ownership of the game (which is why they can ban you from playing if you're too much of an asshat). You paid for the right to play the game.

Just like people paid for the servers, but give you permission to play on them. If you're too much of an asshat you will be removed from the game.

Most rules/laws are made up because they are common sense or the majority agreed with it. Bunny hoppers and dolphin divers for example. Their main argument was "I paid for the game. I'll play what ever way I want!" Well the majority of people didn't think that was the way the game should be played, so EA made it so you couldn't dolphin dive/bunny hop anymore (people still do it, but you can't abuse it like *cough*Volx*cough*people did back in the day).

If the people thinking dolphin diving/bunny hopping was lame were the manority, then EA wouldn't have done a thing.

I think the majority of people think spawn camping is lame. With the exception of certain circumstances such as you've capped all the other flags and backed the other team into a corner.

Besides, a game implies that there is some form of opposition. How can the other team oppose you, when they barely regain control of their character before dieing again?

A game is like a sport (shut up I know... a sport IS a game, but you know what I mean). How fun is a sport where your competition can't move.

How fun would football be if the other team couldn't move, and your team just stood there scoring points unopposed?

I never understood why on maps with only one team getting an uncap (Karkand in BF2 or C-Landing in Bf2142 for expample) the other team spawns closest to it and rushes to camp the spawn. It's fucking stupid to do that. It only means the round will be shorter and you'll get less points. Instead why not back off a little. Let them get a spawn or two, and then attack with all you've got. That way the game is more fun because it's more challenging. The round lasts longer, and that means you get more points, medals, pins, badges, ribbons. All that means you get more ranks, and more ranks means more unlocks.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-11-25 20:17:38)

jamiet757
+138|6631

Dutchman-195 wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

Damn Straight
you can do what you want but you have to follow rules of the servers you play on, cuz if every server felt that there was no need for rules, and that everyone can play how they want, then it would be unfair to those of use who like to play fair, not camp, statpad, or cheat.  so if you want to do whatever you want, then play on a no rules server and stay away from the rest of us...

oh, and Dex Luther is god

Last edited by jamiet757 (2006-11-25 19:58:07)

l41e
+677|6657

I've been waiting to get this out for a long, long, time. Therefore this will have a double-dose of hate.

The following is aimed at no one in particular - only those it applies to.

Guess what? A lot of other people paid for this game. There are other people out there - hard to imagine, hmm? They have as much right to "do whatever they please" as you do.

One thing I've always noticed is people always come up with these comebacks:

- "then they should leave the server" Yeah, yeah. Everything has to be solved by someone else, you're too 1337 for them. You'll probably cry when everyone leaves and there's no one left to basecamp, too.

- "ur a n00b, stfu" No comment.

- "its their fault" Right. They're subliminally bending your mind over the internets and forcing your virtual character to shoot virtual projectiles through a simulated world at their virtual character.

- Related to immediately above: "its their fault ther team suxx0rz we dezerve to rape da main base" What about the people who just joined? It's also their fault that people in the server before them got their team down to one base? In fact, let's carry this to a ridiculous extreme. 32 people play as PAC on Fall of Berlin. Suddenly, they all simultaneously disconnect. At the same time, 32 people connect and get assigned, of course, to PAC. Of course, the "l33t e-thugs" on EU will continue to rape their main, using the same argument, namely "u suk n00bz, otherwise u wudnt be down to 1 bas lolz"

- "im 1337 /end" No comment.

- "they should kill me" You'd complain about that too. So no. Once again, rule 1 of arrogant people: all your problems must be solved by someone else.

Edit: Oh, and it's kind of hard to kill anyone when all your vehicles have been stolen, both Rorsch Mk-S8 and Kz-27 stationary AV/AAs have been destroyed, and you get killed the .0001 second you spawn.

- "their n00b whiners" Whining about whining. GG. (Also, I suppose you take it perfectly fine when they camp your main? Not a chance, no matter what you make up.)

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-11-25 20:14:08)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6650|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
lol, "elite"-uk

how does it feel to have been raped by a 13 year old american kid?

gg k30dxedle
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725
If he's an admin and bans you. I would laugh since he has paid for the server and you have not.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DesmondLocke
+1|6560
The problem Elite UK, is that you bought a copy of the game. They however bought, or are paying for, the server.
Now if this is that server's rules and you were never warned, you have a somewhat valid point. (Somewhat because it's the players' responsibility to learn the rules before joining that server.) Or, if you were playing on a server that didn't have that as a rule, then that person really is just whining. But if it was the rule, and you were warned, then you got what you deserved, because you broke their rule on their server.
Don't like it? Buy or rent your own server then you can make up your own rules.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6551|Sammamish, WA

MrEzeuss wrote:

Although .-^Jackabo^-. wrote "...i paid for it i can do what i goddam like", you know what he meant. He, me and a lot of others want to play the game the way we like to play.
Server admins enforce and, in some cases, make rules not otherwise defined by EA. Therefore if somebody is not playing within "the given rules," whether they're a server's or EA's, they're in violation of them and liable for being kicked/banned/etc. That's great you want to play the game how YOU want to but if the way YOU want to play the game violates EA's or a server's rules then you'll be punished for it.

Like it or not you do not, in fact, have the right to play BF2142 however you want to--your acceptance of the license agreement and the informal contract made by playing on a server means that you must follow their rules.  Going back to my previous example, owning a gun doesn't mean you can use it however you want to. Just because you own the gun doesn't therefore mean your desires trump the law and you can therefore go and begin shooting whomever you like.

The argument "He, me and a lot of others want to play the game the way we like to play" is completely irrelevant when in violation of the rules, as EliteUK was in the aforementioned situation. What you WANT to do doesn't matter! You cannot, in fact, play however you want to, especially when violating EA's or a server's rules.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2006-11-25 22:03:53)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
I agree with klox - mostly.

But sometimes the stupidity of some boggles the mind.

Back in Bf2 (specifically AF), I was having fun grabbing the enemy linebacker and taking out the chopper once it had gone about 100, 150m in the air.

The pilot was constantly complaining about 'spawnkilling' (if spawnkilling can still happen half a minute after spawning).

What boggles me is not ONCE did ANYONE grab the tank which was sitting there and take me out.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Marinejuana
local
+415|6594|Seattle
However, if their rules suck then it is your responsibility to call the admin a bitch.
jordanmillward_1
+11|6413

MrEzeuss wrote:

JdeFalconr wrote:

I totally agree.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6528|Adelaide, South Australia

k30dxedle wrote:

(Also, I suppose you take it perfectly fine when they camp your main? Not a chance, no matter what you make up.)
If you're good enough to get that far, then you deserve to rape my base. i won't be a pansy and disconnect, i'll fight back harder and harder until we lose, or we get a new flag.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard