Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6857|England

adv3rsary wrote:

hmm i have all of those ribbons listed with less than 100 global hours played.... check my profile
Ditto, I also have the ribbons, and I have played for approx 160hrs.

Or is this about the medals??
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6768

CackNBallz wrote:

Stop the complaining about reviving a thread.  They actually did something that most people do not do, (and get chastized about incessantly) which was to use the search function.

The things they posted was relevant to the topic, and it still is contested to what it really is.  I got my service ribbons long before I played 100 hours total.  I had only 4 hours PLA, 9 hours MEC and 13 hours USMC.  I played each and every map there was and the next day I saw that I had earned both the service ribbons.
Yeah...but who really cares about these ribbons? They're like the SF faction ribbons...play for a few hours on a team (or a map?) and get the ribbon

They're like the Airbone Ribbon
Xponential
+0|6778
Look, this has already been discussed and a conclusion has been reached in earlier threads, SO USE THE SEARCH FEATURE.

To get the service ribbons for each army (USMC, MEC, PLA) all you have to do is play 1 round on each of the maps that has that army.  You don't even have to win the round, just play one round on all of the maps that have that particular army.  If I remember correctly, I got all 3 before I had even hit 50 global hrs.  Their is NO GLOBAL TIME REQUIREMENT OR ARMY TIME REQUIREMENT.

THE END
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6768

Xponential wrote:

Look, this has already been discussed and a conclusion has been reached in earlier threads, SO USE THE SEARCH FEATURE.

To get the service ribbons for each army (USMC, MEC, PLA) all you have to do is play 1 round on each of the maps that has that army.  You don't even have to win the round, just play one round on all of the maps that have that particular army.  If I remember correctly, I got all 3 before I had even hit 50 global hrs.  Their is NO GLOBAL TIME REQUIREMENT OR ARMY TIME REQUIREMENT.

THE END
What he said
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6734
No, not the end.

This thread was started during 1.02 and back then you needed to 250 global hours to get the service and good conduct ribbon.
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6726|Wherever the F**k i feel like

Fingersniffer wrote:

ok this all happened withing ONE hour of getting 250 hours played

Far East Service and Middle East Service Ribbon:

24+ Hours played on chinese/MEC maps (in theater)
250 Global played hours

(This is confirmed again today)

Good Conduct Ribbon:

250 Global Hours Played
14+ Kills in 1 round
No TK's or Team damage in the current round (I know I didnt get any TK's or team damage but I cant confirm this portion of the req.s)

I'm posting this because it seemed everyone only had "I think" answers so I wanted to post to confirm some info for all those wondering
wrong on the 250h for ribbon
verdin_blich
+0|6736

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

verdin_blich wrote:

I don’t think that the requirements for getting the Middle Eastern service ribbon is 250h global or 24h played as MEC. I just got it about 20 minutes ago. I got the basic transport and basic air defense badges, I looked at the BFHQ in game to see my shiny new badges and there it was. I have just over 25 hours global and 1h55m MEC. I don’t see it in my BF2S yet but we’ll see in 3hrs or so.
Uh, why the hell are you bumping up a 3 month old topic? Or rather, one that hasnt been posted on for 3 months. This thing was made back in the early days of BF2s. Pre-patch.

Thats how the requirements used to be. Can you see the dates on the forum posts?
Yes I knew that the thread was an older one but I had something to say about it. After the surprise of getting the Middle Eastern service ribbon, I chose this thread to post for the first time to test the waters so to speak.
Xponential
+0|6778

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

No, not the end.

This thread was started during 1.02 and back then you needed to 250 global hours to get the service and good conduct ribbon.
WELL YOU DONT ANYMORE, my earlier post is exactly what you need to get these ribbons.

THE END
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6768

verdin_blich wrote:

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

verdin_blich wrote:

I don’t think that the requirements for getting the Middle Eastern service ribbon is 250h global or 24h played as MEC. I just got it about 20 minutes ago. I got the basic transport and basic air defense badges, I looked at the BFHQ in game to see my shiny new badges and there it was. I have just over 25 hours global and 1h55m MEC. I don’t see it in my BF2S yet but we’ll see in 3hrs or so.
Uh, why the hell are you bumping up a 3 month old topic? Or rather, one that hasnt been posted on for 3 months. This thing was made back in the early days of BF2s. Pre-patch.

Thats how the requirements used to be. Can you see the dates on the forum posts?
Yes I knew that the thread was an older one but I had something to say about it. After the surprise of getting the Middle Eastern service ribbon, I chose this thread to post for the first time to test the waters so to speak.
Hey, welcome to bf2s dude! Don't feel bad ... we're all here to help each other out (seeing as EA was rather sparse in the manual
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6734

Xponential wrote:

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

No, not the end.

WELL YOU DONT ANYMORE, my earlier post is exactly what you need to get these ribbons.

THE END
And that's the reason why you accuse a guy to be wrong because he posted the right information in a time when it still was correct? This is/was a great post, don't ruin it by flaming the thread starter.

To be continued...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard