Fingersniffer
+0|6832
ok this all happened withing ONE hour of getting 250 hours played

Far East Service and Middle East Service Ribbon:

24+ Hours played on chinese/MEC maps (in theater)
250 Global played hours

(This is confirmed again today)

Good Conduct Ribbon:

250 Global Hours Played
14+ Kills in 1 round
No TK's or Team damage in the current round (I know I didnt get any TK's or team damage but I cant confirm this portion of the req.s)

I'm posting this because it seemed everyone only had "I think" answers so I wanted to post to confirm some info for all those wondering
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

Ok, good to hear that the UBAR information is, indeed, correct. Not that I had any real doubts about it.
Fingersniffer
+0|6832
Its really not accurate.... the Far East and Mid East ribbons both say N/A on them, can you change them to reflect the info given?
Fingersniffer
+0|6832
And as for the War College Ribbon.... not that I can confirm this yet or not but I would doubt t he W/L Ratio has to be 3.0+ to get it but I would believe the rest

Last edited by Fingersniffer (2005-08-13 19:59:56)

ArkAng37
+1|6845|San Antonio, TX
when it says on the badges 250h as assult class thats 250h playing time or 250h as assult?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

ArkAng37 wrote:

when it says on the badges 250h as assult class thats 250h playing time or 250h as assult?
If it says "250h as assault" it certainly means '250h as assault'.

As for the 3:1 WL ratio, yeah that one is true, to the best of my knowledge. Based on the stats I have though, only roughly 0.5% of players are eligible because of that requirement.
ReaperOfsouls
+0|6847
You DONT need 24 hours on each team. Just look at the leader bioard of people who has it. Theres a guy with olny 13 hours with chinease and he has the 2 ribbions. All you need is 250 globla hours. Tahts it. You DONt need 24 min for each army just 250 total hours. Dont belive me? Just go threw leader board from 1 to 15 onn the bf2s main page and look there one guy who has 13 hours with china but 250 total hours and he has those ribbions. then there another guy that has like more than 24 with each and he does not have those ribbions. Again you need 250 total hours paln and simple.

ReaperOfsouls

Last edited by ReaperOfsouls (2005-08-13 21:21:53)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833

ReaperOfsouls wrote:

You DONT need 24 hours on each team. Just look at the leader bioard of people who has it. Theres a guy with olny 13 hours with chinease and he has the 2 ribbions. All you need is 250 globla hours. Tahts it. You DONt need 24 min for each army just 250 total hours. Dont belive me? Just go threw leader board from 1 to 15 onn the bf2s main page and look there one guy who has 13 hours with china but 250 total hours and he has those ribbions. then there another guy that has like more than 24 with each and he does not have those ribbions. Again you need 250 total hours paln and simple.

ReaperOfsouls
When you edited, did you happen to think to proof-read?

Anyways, awesome, now I know.
ArkAng37
+1|6845|San Antonio, TX
What i dont understand i y 250 hrs with each weapon just to get ur vet badge?
=|Q-BRT|=
+6|6843|[GER]_BERLIN
I have no confirmed information about that but it would make sense:

I've red once that besides the 250h global playing time u had to be the best player on MEC/ CHina side for about XX times. don't remember the correct number.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6838|A Small Isle in the Tropics

folks..checkout the gamespot website where they posted an FAQ by nitrousOxcide:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/ … awards.txt

pretty much all-you-need-to-know-if-you-dont-already-know type of information..
=|Q-BRT|=
+6|6843|[GER]_BERLIN
link doesn't work cuz they block direct links. search 4 "Award strategy guide".

stats 4 service ribbon:

Mid-East/Far-East - 200 wins for MEC/Chine
                  - Maybe some time requirement

Personal Strategy
-----------------
Play your best and win a lot. Enough said.

Best Map
--------
Any

Best Kit
--------
Any

would match my suggestions about beeing best mec/china player, dk about playing time
Seven
Get First Aid, Here!
+0|6829
3:1 win to loss ratio? Are you kidding? That means I'd have to win about 140 straight matches before I'd ever be eligable for it...that's insane. 1:3 seems a bit more plausible.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6841|Cologne, Germany

Q-BRT|= wrote:

link doesn't work cuz they block direct links. search 4 "Award strategy guide".

stats 4 service ribbon:

Mid-East/Far-East - 200 wins for MEC/Chine
                  - Maybe some time requirement

Personal Strategy
-----------------
Play your best and win a lot. Enough said.

Best Map
--------
Any

Best Kit
--------
Any

would match my suggestions about beeing best mec/china player, dk about playing time
200 wins ? oh boy, I am a long way off....
250 global hours ? considering I've racked up only 87 hours in about two months, I'll just need another 4 months to get there.
piece of cake....
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6838|A Small Isle in the Tropics

i am so geriatric..i cant knife because my heart may give way anytime if they turn around and spot me.. i cant shoot straight because i cant stop trembling (darn mouse wont stay still), which explains why my score sucks.. so, for me to get those medals is just about as plausible as Jay Leno running for President of the USA.. play for fun, be happy

Last edited by mikeshw (2005-08-19 04:13:12)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6841|Cologne, Germany

I don't care too much about medals, either, but I certainly want those that are in my reach. For example, expert knife combat is merely impossible for me. 18 knife kills in one round ? forget about it. I have a total of 7 knife kills in 87 global hours of play.

And I really don't want to invest hours of valuable playing time just to get one specific badge.
I will try to get veteran pistol combat though. another 7 kills in one round seems possible.
[LFX]angus
+0|6827|Texas...unfortunately

B.Schuss wrote:

I don't care too much about medals, either, but I certainly want those that are in my reach. For example, expert knife combat is merely impossible for me. 18 knife kills in one round ? forget about it. I have a total of 7 knife kills in 87 global hours of play.

And I really don't want to invest hours of valuable playing time just to get one specific badge.
I will try to get veteran pistol combat though. another 7 kills in one round seems possible.
knife kills are easier than pistol kills...only takes one slash with a knife in the back where it takes like a whole @#%$@# clip from a pistol
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6829
I don't know why the pistols get so much flak. As a secondry weapon they're as accurate as most rifles and do a decent amount of damage. As anti-tank, before getting the DAO-12 I used the pistol instead of the smg's.
=|Q-BRT|=
+6|6843|[GER]_BERLIN

[LFX]angus wrote:

knife kills are easier than pistol kills...only takes one slash with a knife in the back where it takes like a whole @#%$@# clip from a pistol
just act as u were going 4 a knife kill, take same time and aim 4 the head.... one shot-dead just like the knife.

EDIT: have much more problems getting that stupid aviator ribbon... 19 kills? damn most i got in a round had been 3. and i realy hate jets so i don wanna play em, but i love ribbons...  

Last edited by =|Q-BRT|= (2005-08-19 20:45:30)

de3ug
Armor Aficionado
+0|6832|Santa Cruz, CA
Is it just me, or do most of the higher up badges and medals seem out of reach for even the most extreame player?  I really don't think anyone is ever going to earn any medal other than a purple heart, star or maybe the Combat Infantry Medal.  I mean come on, 3000 hours in an airplane?!?  That is over a year at 8 hours a day.  I could join the air force and get my wings in less time it takes to get most of these medals.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6829
yeah, but then again, people are still playing the original counter strike 5 or so years on....
Seven
Get First Aid, Here!
+0|6829
Yeah, but 8 hours a day? That's insane.

I don't even fly planes that much, and I'm in the top 5000 for kills with about 777 or so. However, it's going to take me forever (if ever) to get that medal.

I'm working on all basic badges and all ribbons right now, then I'm going to try getting some of the vet badges and maybe a medal or 2.

BrightAsh
+1|6817
Back to the Middle east and Chinese service ribbon. You dont need 200 wins, check out this guy

http://www.battlefield2.nl/bf2stats/pla … d=44764752

he has only 77 wins as Chinese and about 31 hours of China play time, but he does have the Chinese service ribbon. So that info is incorrect
Guruz
Sir
+20|6838|government yard in trenchtown.
And this Oikeistopoju1 has both, even though he has 9 hours on MEC, and 9 on PLA.

I'll bet 10€ for the only requirement to be 250 Global Hours played.
I think that requirement is quite stupid, since you can be a BH-whore with no time as MEC/PLA played at all but you still receive those.. and no USMC ribbon or sumthin'.
BrightAsh
+1|6817
then i'll bet ya for € 10,- that that's not true i cannot believe (i refuse to  ) that playtime is the only requirement
I think Time in Theater means that you must have played a MEC or Chinese scenario for an amount of time. since the guy you pointed out has not played for 500 hours yet, it cannot be that is is 250 hours per scenario. so maybe it is 100 or so. but thats a wild guess

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard