Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

So I was playing Gator earlier tonight. I was one the SEALS and running along the raised platform on the left of the Hangar Bay. Me and some1 else were running along when we came to that stack of crates and WTF? We got teleported up onto the flight deck right next to the empty HIND sitting there....
Needless to say we grabbed it and took out the enemy chopper and raped the deck for a while. When we died...neither of us could quite understand it
Btw, I have read of someone else encountering it, but couldnt find it on a search

Then, to top if off, in another round my pilot decided to glitch cap the Hangar Bay Fore flag (by sitting on the top deck). I was a gunner sat in the chopper, not doing anything while he capped it. The UAV was over us and showing an enemy on the flag (which was why it wasnt being capped). Suddently....from nowhere, the top left showed a kill by me in the HIND and the guy on the flag disappeared....
I know it wasnt anyone from our team since I checked the radar and we didnt actually have a flag, let alone any players anywhere near it.
I wasnt bothered...a kill without firing a shot, hmmm, nice The flag then got capped.....and we won the round because of it.
But it made me wonder!!

Oh yeah, and we had supply crate inside the ship at one point too...love to know how it got there.

Gator is a great map, for Infantry and choppers alike....but the glitches in BF2 are countless.
What the hell would make you teleport I just dont know.
-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|6494|Oklahoma City
I think the upward teleport glitch happens when the chopper spawns, happened to me yesterday. I guess it's like being shoved around when a vehicle spawns.

*edit*
This thread is about odd occurences on gator: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=54313

Splinterstrike has a good WTF story in it.

Last edited by -TL- (2006-11-24 17:12:02)

oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
yeah, i play alot of gator, and i've had the chopper spawn teleport thing multiple times. i think that -TL- has got it right when he says its like being shoved around when you're running past at a normal vehicles spawn (at least, that's the only explanation i've heard!)
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6734|Oslo, Norway
I'd like to get teleported to the J-10 when I'm USMC on wake
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6530|Belgium
Make your own map then
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

-TL- wrote:

I think the upward teleport glitch happens when the chopper spawns, happened to me yesterday. I guess it's like being shoved around when a vehicle spawns.

*edit*
This thread is about odd occurences on gator: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=54313

Splinterstrike has a good WTF story in it.
Yeah, thats the exact thread I was thinking of but couldnt find it

Difference is, is that me and this other guy were both alive and didnt get revived and the chopper had been there for a few mins (all action was inside).

Its strange. Ive got 110hours on Gator and only came across it last night for the first time.
Warstarz
+11|6433
That's odd! lol

I can't say that I've been teleported to a chopper (oh how I wish I was) but I have captured the flag on the far left of the US carrier with a helicopter. I was hovering above it and I noticed that I was capturing it with an ally. Probably old news though.
leesupport
+39|6684
yea thats always happened on there...well atleast to me..got 400+ hours on there all them gitches have been there all the time ..wish they would fix them
K-milk
+13|6571|NJ
I also a copple times killed some one with out touching them. It uasualy happened when i blew up an explosive and the victim was no where near the explosive. Once it happened without evan shooting as you said. I alwasy wondered about it and scared because i thought that people thought i was cheating and would get banned or account reset.
Check out my new Modern Warfare 3 Website!  http://mw3network.com
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6627|Quebec city, Canada
the teleportation glitch happend to me once, if I remember well, I was under the flight deck where all the parked airplanes are, dont know how to name this place (sry for my english). And I got teleported on the flight deck, beside the Apache :-D.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Warstarz wrote:

but I have captured the flag on the far left of the US carrier with a helicopter. I was hovering above it and I noticed that I was capturing it with an ally. Probably old news though.
Yeah, you can cap that one (Hangar Bay Fore) and also, by landing in the Hangar Bay Aft (by the ramp), you can cap that flag and the engine room below it. So Helis can cap all but the Mess Hall effectively.

Useful if your team are a bunch of retards, but totally fucks up the game and the opposing team.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
Lucky for you when it happened that the Hind was empty. When that happened to me the enemy was just taking off and I must've scared the hell out of them since the gunner went berserk.
JaggedPanther
+61|6475
Ha ha that was me you tele-transported with, I was also like WTF, but then .5 seconds later I was like FTW!! Chopper
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

JaggedPanther wrote:

Ha ha that was me you tele-transported with, I was also like WTF, but then .5 seconds later I was like FTW!! Chopper
Haha yeah, it was actually!
Ive seen ya on the Gator servers recently...didnt realise you were a fellow BF2s'er
JaggedPanther
+61|6475
It actually happened to me before, so I wasn't too suprised, however it was in a apache inside the carrier going from Hanger Bay Aft to Hanger Bay 4 when I got transported upwards into the essex guns. Needless to say I flopped over and TK'ed 3 ppl

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard