bf2lover
+0|6369
Hello everyone,

I have installed patch 1.41 yesterday and it is giving me huge trouble.

- The server list is downloaded reaeaeaeaeally slowly.
- A few servers in the server list have ping 140, some have ping 190, but the other 800 servers now have a ping of 1200 or more. It wasn't like that when I used patch 1.4 and previous versions.
- The best ping I get on any server is about 140, while before patch 1.41 I had pings around 20 when playing on servers in my country.

Playing online games has become virtually impossible. Part of the lag is caused by the poor pings I get, but I suspect that some is caused by local issues. The funny thing is that game speed and graphics are excellent in offline single player mode.

Here is what I've tried to solve these problems:

1. First I downloaded and used the 1.4 > 1.41 patch and the problems started.
2. Then I totally uninstalled BF2 and installed it again, applying the FULL 1.41 patch. I actually did this twice.
3. I upgraded my videocard driver (Geforce 6600GT)
4. I changed my video settings in BF2, lowering the to the lowest settings.

These measures have had no effect at all. What more can I try???? Is anyone else seeing this problem? The game used to work perfectly before and I know my system specs are more than good enough for BF2 (Geforce 6600GT, AMD 64 3500, etc).

Last edited by bf2lover (2006-11-24 12:07:23)

joker8baller
+68|6671
Welcome to Battlefield 2, and the insane patches that mess up the games.

Reinstalling... is really the only way that ever works. Have fun -.-
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6721
Have you tried deleting your Battlefield 2 cache folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\My Documents\Battlefield 2\cache
and
C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

it will redo the shaders when you start the game...   it helped me
Love is the answer
.darknevil.
+0|6371
i had the same h eve didnt fin anything when i could play my game the prob is you have a fake patch i wil try to look where i get mine and i garantee you it wil work
bf2lover
+0|6369
Ok think I downloaded the patch from fileplanet or gamehell. Should be ok, but I'll be happy to try your download darknevel. I'll try removing the cache folders too. Thanks so far.
.darknevil.
+0|6371
right i see the site is in my lang , but not sure about the patch i will look tmorrow cuz i need it again to i need to buy a new bf2 game  my drived  broke the old one
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6667|Groningen, The Netherlands

bf2lover wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have installed patch 1.41 yesterday and it is giving me huge trouble.

- The server list is downloaded reaeaeaeaeally slowly.
- A few servers in the server list have ping 140, some have ping 190, but the other 800 servers now have a ping of 1200 or more. It wasn't like that when I used patch 1.4 and previous versions.
- The best ping I get on any server is about 140, while before patch 1.41 I had pings around 20 when playing on servers in my country.

Playing online games has become virtually impossible. Part of the lag is caused by the poor pings I get, but I suspect that some is caused by local issues. The funny thing is that game speed and graphics are excellent in offline single player mode.

Here is what I've tried to solve these problems:

1. First I downloaded and used the 1.4 > 1.41 patch and the problems started.
2. Then I totally uninstalled BF2 and installed it again, applying the FULL 1.41 patch. I actually did this twice.
3. I upgraded my videocard driver (Geforce 6600GT)
4. I changed my video settings in BF2, lowering the to the lowest settings.

These measures have had no effect at all. What more can I try???? Is anyone else seeing this problem? The game used to work perfectly before and I know my system specs are more than good enough for BF2 (Geforce 6600GT, AMD 64 3500, etc).
it sounds like your internet connection is the problem
.darknevil.
+0|6371
http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patche … h_1.41.exe here you  have a link from the patch 1.41 but is the the newest one cuz i used one but i heard there is the new one don't know if is 1.40 they mean or 1.41 anyway this schould be a right one if not read  wat gamematte said , u can have a provider who have some upstream meters so thas bullocks anywa gl to you m8

btw if u click run it saves a houre or something for downloading els if u do save it wil be longer :p

Last edited by .darknevil. (2006-11-26 12:18:28)

Sixty
+1|6367
Maybe all the faster servers that you played on before haven't updated to 1.41 yet?
el capitan
+11|6535
I have the same problem as you. Click on community tab and see if it registers 1.4 or 1.41. Then go to evenbalance and update punk buster. Those are what I have read on other forums as helping people. Alas, it hasn't worked for me.

I can't get my bf2 to run properly. It all started with 1.41. I installed it and the game was extremely laggy. I reinstalled the patch... then the game. Nothing. (I later found out that the cause of this problem was that punkbuster hadn't updated correctly. Oh well.)

I can't get the game to register that the patch has been installed. If I click on the community tab, and then onto game modes or whatever its called, it still says 1.4. Here is a list of what I have done so far to try and fix it.

I have done the following:

Reinstalled whole game         x 3
Re installed patch         x 7
Re installed punkbuster        x 2
Re installed Video Card drivers        x 1
Created a new pariation on hard drive, installed on that       x 1
De Fragged         x 2
All kinds of virus scans etc...          x ∞
Game still laggy as hell after patch, and wont register that the patch has been installed.
Yes, I have cleared the cache.

If anyone has any suggestions at all, I would love to hear them.

Last edited by el capitan (2006-11-26 23:32:30)

DaBigDragon
+3|6744|USA

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Have you tried deleting your Battlefield 2 cache folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\My Documents\Battlefield 2\cache
and
C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

it will redo the shaders when you start the game...   it helped me
This should work, but if you're still having trouble try this:

Go here: www.ccleaner.com and download and run CCleaner on your PC. Don't check anything under the advanced options under the cleaner part though. After running the cleaner, run the registry cleaner, (that's the icon under the cleaner icon.) It'll give you the option of backing up the registry before it changes anything. Run the cleaner and the registry cleaner a few times until it doesn't find anything, then completely shut down and restart the PC.

A defrag after doing that wouldn't hurt either.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard