DaBombadier
+8|6398|Sooooo coooold....Canada....
I'm a big support fan and in BF2 I mostly played support. Just wondering does anyone think that support is a noobie kit because of the thing where it gets more accurate the longer you hold it down? If you do think it's noobie what kit should I play?
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6701|Sweden

PLay what you like.. And support may be the easiest kit to play somewhat decent, and i have no idea why i even responded to this topic there are several other open topics about pretty much the same thing.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6731
All the kits have there plus points and annoying points, just use what you want to and ignore anyone that Say's anything about you using it.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6636|Malibu
Shouldn't Assault Kit should be easiest to play?

Thats just my opinion though.
madmurre
+117|6701|Sweden

StormEye wrote:

Shouldn't Assault Kit should be easiest to play?

Thats just my opinion though.
prob. for "veterans" in these kind of games though for new players in the genre i believe a weapon that becomes more accurate the more you spray is easier to learn but sure as assault you can heal yourself up after every battle you have been in
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6633|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
Best kit is engineer.
madmurre
+117|6701|Sweden

spawnofthemist wrote:

Best kit is engineer.
if you´re in a vehicle i could sort of agree with you
l41e
+677|6639

madmurre wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

Best kit is engineer.
Pilum > vehicles.
madmurre
+117|6701|Sweden
true though i really don´t like to hang around on the ground as engineer
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6503
medic ftw
CackNBallz
+45|6734|Toronto, Canada
Every kit indeed has their strengths and weaknesses.  The game is pretty much very balanced.

Each kit has some really good weapons (annoyances for whiners) at their disposal:

- Support has the accurate-over-time LMG and the sentry gun. EMP grenades for vehicles.
- Assault has the accurate Voss and Shuko, as well as the Rockets.
- Recon has APMs, RDX demopaks and zoomable sniper scopes. Active camouflage.
- Engineer has their little bowling balls better known as motion mines and the Pilum that doesn't give a lock-on tone.

Each of these strengths can be taken down with some teamwork or using your skill to combat it. 
- Counter the support with sniper rifles, grenades or rockets.
- Counter the assault by shooting them and moving sideways or towards the rockets. And just plain killing them before they kill you by using better infantry tactics and aim.
- Recon's APMs can be averted by crouching or proning.  All explosives can be destroyed with a Zeller-H shot, defused by an engineer or destroyed by an RDX demopak. Use cover and walk in zig-zag random pattern to throw off sniper shots. Active camo can be easily found using the support's netbat.
- Engineer's bowling balls can be destroyed and/or defused by the same methods as the Recon's explosives. Be more aware of your surroundings and have your finger near the E button to avoid getting insta-killed by a shot to your tank's ass. When capping a silo, try to put the back of you tank against it.  While in a Nekomata hold Ctrl so you can use mouse-look (or get in the 2nd position) for better environmental awareness.

The support kit is well liked by many players, and I think it is most beneficial to newcomers to play that kit to give them a fighting chance with more ammo
madmurre
+117|6701|Sweden

CackNBallz wrote:

- Assault has the accurate Voss and Shuko, as well as the Rockets.
You´re sure Assault has the shuko? not mixing the kits up are you?
hellsy
+8|6587|Devizes, Wiltshire, UK
the pac support gun is my fav weapon in the game, i can't work out the unlock weapon on the left side
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
I think he meant the Krylov.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6731

spawnofthemist wrote:

Best kit is engineer.
True that and it's my favorite kit.
Smoke_Deez
+8|6377
This gets tossed around a bit, and honestly I don't think it's a nooby kit.  I started out with support and faired very well, I was racking up very decent kills with it, and at a distance.  I thought it may be a little overpowering.  That was until I just played with the other kits more (putting down the Shuko/Bianchi long enough to master other kits).  Once I put a few hours in on some of the other kits, I can get the same K/D ratios, pts. etc.  Mastering the play style that fits each kit is the key.  I use completely different strategies with support than say recon.  The Assault class for me even seems to generate more pts. per round, but I think that can be attributed to revives.  Also in certain battle situations i.e. mobile/close range, I think the support LMG's are at a disadvantage to the AR's, especially if said AR carrier has any experience.
Dex Luther
+32|6429|Canukastan

CackNBallz wrote:

Support have as much range as snipers. Grenades.. well they can place themselves in spots where you can't grenade them (titan mode. the halls of the titan. If they are too far back you can't get at them with nades). Rockets well you have to go around the corner to shoot them. If you do they, they shoot you with the help of their sentry gun and some full auto fire (or some nade spam). They only way to beat a support guy is to rush him with as many people as possible and hope at least one of you survives. If he starts spamming nades, it's pretty much over.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-11-23 23:11:50)

madmurre
+117|6701|Sweden

Dex Luther wrote:

CackNBallz wrote:

Support have as much range as snipers. Grenades.. well they can place themselves in spots where you can't grenade them (titan mode. the halls of the titan. If they are too far back you can't get at them with nades). Rockets well you have to go around the corner to shoot them. If you do they, they shoot you with the help of their sentry gun and some full auto fire (or some nade spam). They only way to beat a support guy is to rush him with as many people as possible and hope at least one of you survives. If he starts spamming nades, it's pretty much over.
They are also 100 foot tall and eats kittens for lunch

Ps: i hope you were ironic there Dex
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6612|Gold coast, Aus.
I dont like support but when i use it i do pretty awesome with it. I think it is easy to use, but use whatever you like.
Zefar
+116|6640|Sweden
The PAC Medic main weapon is more acurate than Voss and Baur and have way less recoil than both in single shot mode. The EU one have a bit more recoil what I remember so you might wanna get Voss on EU but stick to Krylov on the PAC team.

Anyway Support ain't a noob kit, neither is any other kit that. As support get better accuracy the more you shoot you'll have to suffer serious damage from Assaults medics with their guns because they already got good accuracy and on long range Support might lose more than you win.

Plus you get a real bad accuracy total with Support kit.
Dex Luther
+32|6429|Canukastan

madmurre wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

CackNBallz wrote:

Support have as much range as snipers. Grenades.. well they can place themselves in spots where you can't grenade them (titan mode. the halls of the titan. If they are too far back you can't get at them with nades). Rockets well you have to go around the corner to shoot them. If you do they, they shoot you with the help of their sentry gun and some full auto fire (or some nade spam). They only way to beat a support guy is to rush him with as many people as possible and hope at least one of you survives. If he starts spamming nades, it's pretty much over though.

Support kits are slightly unbalanced. The sentries should have an ammo count at least. Right now their biggest weakness is that their MG's over heat. That's nullified by the fact that the sentries have unlimited ammo and never over heat.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-11-24 01:21:12)

madmurre
+117|6701|Sweden

Dex Luther wrote:

madmurre wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

Support have as much range as snipers. Grenades.. well they can place themselves in spots where you can't grenade them (titan mode. the halls of the titan. If they are too far back you can't get at them with nades). Rockets well you have to go around the corner to shoot them. If you do they, they shoot you with the help of their sentry gun and some full auto fire (or some nade spam). They only way to beat a support guy is to rush him with as many people as possible and hope at least one of you survives. If he starts spamming nades, it's pretty much over though.

Support kits are slightly unbalanced. The sentries should have an ammo count at least. Right now their biggest weakness is that their MG's over heat. That's nullified by the fact that the sentries have unlimited ammo and never over heat.
sure i agee on that but it sounded like you described a god or something there i love the last piece sounds like you need a full army to get one support-guy down

"They only way to beat a support guy is to rush him with as many people as possible and hope at least one of you survives. If he starts spamming nades, it's pretty much over though"

actually made me giggle a little
Dex Luther
+32|6429|Canukastan

madmurre wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

madmurre wrote:

sure i agee on that but it sounded like you described a god or something there i love the last piece sounds like you need a full army to get one support-guy down

"They only way to beat a support guy is to rush him with as many people as possible and hope at least one of you survives. If he starts spamming nades, it's pretty much over though"

actually made me giggle a little
Well only because in a confined space (titan hall) it's not hard for a couple support dudes and their sentries to fill the air in an area full of lead and/or to spam nades.

Think of it a little like "D-Day". You get off on the beach only to run into machine gun fire, but on a much smaller scale.

All it takes is one or two nades to take out a group or 5 or 6 people trying to rush down a hallway. Your sentry gun (and others around it) can take out any survivors.
madmurre
+117|6701|Sweden
i get your point
jamie_v1.1
+35|6494|Leeds, UK

k30dxedle wrote:

madmurre wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

Best kit is engineer.
Pilum > vehicles.
QFT

....although i havn't unlocked it yet, but i can't wait to.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard