CameronPoe
+2,925|6569
Off to London tomorrow for a long weekend. ANy suggestions for places I should visit? Been to the Imperial War Museum before. Might go again - it's that good. Temple Church and Westminster Abbey could be on the agenda.
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6600
The London Eye,The Houses of Parliement.
commissargizz
+123|6477| Heaven
you need a translator no one speaks English no more in Londonistan, Londonagrad or what ever it's called now...........have a good weekend
Simon
basically
+838|6671|UK

CameronPoe wrote:

Off to London tomorrow for a long weekend. ANy suggestions for places I should visit? Been to the Imperial War Museum before. Might go again - it's that good. Temple Church and Westminster Abbey could be on the agenda.
Imperial War Musean is only good for taking pictures with the tanks Go to the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace if you want to be like every other tourist and Harrods if you have allot of money to spend!

Westminster Abbey wasn't that great when I went, have they put hot chicks there or something since I've been?

Oh and the London Eye, great views.

Last edited by Simon (2006-11-23 09:07:32)

Pvt.Kosak
+125|6600
Wait.Trafgular Square.
brome
brap.
+244|6601|Accidental, TK
You missed the lord mayor's parade the other week. that was quite cool um... its amazing how much touristy-type stuff I've never visited just because i live here.  But I live in the suburbs and don't go into the centre so often.

edit: oh yeah, of course! the science museum is really good.  there's an Imax cinema at waterloo, you know one of those 3d ones.  The "biggest screen Britain's ever seen" or some shit

Last edited by brome (2006-11-23 09:11:40)

P00R_M3
+19|6583|Yorkshire, England
Try the natural History Museum, the Dinosour Exhibition is good and the Science Museum is close by.
Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6466|UK
the sewage works is an eye opener ... how much shit is in one town ... /ponder ?

Last edited by Recoil555 (2006-11-23 09:11:33)

WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6747|Oslo, Norway
Spy Shop
brome
brap.
+244|6601|Accidental, TK
oh and Thorpe Park in Staines!! Get a train towards Reading from Waterloo and get off at Staines station. then get a shuttle bus.  It's got some good roller coasters.  Do you have that kind of thing in Ireland?

edit: oh, and at Tate Modern (south bank) they have some random slides from the different floors down to the ground that are free. it's a sort of exhibit.  the art that's actually in the place doesn't appeal very much, but the slides are fun.  You need to get there early to get tickets though.

Edit 2: the forum in Kentish Town (northern line) is a (sort of) popular venue for big bands, despite being a shithole.  I went to see the Automatic there.  You can punch holes in the walls.

And a must... china town

Last edited by brome (2006-11-23 09:20:28)

BlokieBF2
+11|6665
Victoria and Albert Museum
Janysc
+59|6697|Norway
Oxford Street and Piccadilly (doo!) Circus. Shopping, that is.
Simon
basically
+838|6671|UK

Pvt.Kosak wrote:

Wait.Trafgular Square.
Yes, if you like getting raped by pigeons.
brome
brap.
+244|6601|Accidental, TK

Simon wrote:

Pvt.Kosak wrote:

Wait.Trafgular Square.
Yes, if you like getting raped by pigeons.
Note to self: NEVER sit down on the floor there EVER again.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6569
Been to a few of these before - the likes of British Museum, Tower of London, Tate Modern - on my only ever other trip there. Can you get a tour of Buckingham Palace and/or the Houses of Parliament? This is my least organised trip EVER. Going on the piss tonight. Pack tomorrow and out the door. Meeting a buddy over there - going to Brian Jonestown Massacre on Sunday.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-11-23 09:25:53)

Pvt.Kosak
+125|6600
Hyde Park.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6637|Camp XRay

there is an area south of Victoria station which is nice. lots of older historic houses and good little restaurants.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6540|Milkystania, yurop
HMS Belfast
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6570|Kent, UK
Day 1 - London Aquarium
Day 2 - London Dungeon
Day 3 - Pub
Day 4 - Home

All done for ya
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6589
Im sure londons got to have a red light district.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6570|Kent, UK

daffytag wrote:

Im sure londons got to have a red light district.
Soho ftw!!11!
https://www.liquidworks.net/loop/disco_dancing/dean_n_dan.jpg
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6641|UK
Come visit me
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6675|The Outer Circle

CameronPoe wrote:

Visit Birmingham!

Its better than London!

Lots of bars, clubs, museums... blah blah... Biggest Shopping Area in Europe (The BULLRING)

..also, lots of Irish bars too, thats prolly why i feel at home here!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6595|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

Imperial War museum's just down the road from me, although the Old Kent Road is quite a long road.

British Museum is obviously great, Natural History Museum used to be brilliant (although it's been many years since I've been), Greenwich is quite good for stuff - park, Royal Observatory, Maritime Museum etc.

It all depends what you're looking for. If you're looking for a good night out you could try Brixton.
1927(h)

CameronPoe wrote:

Bloody hell your living it large by the sounds of it.  Dont over do it now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard