Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6774

mcminty wrote:

@Coolbeano - Specifically what model? I play a Buffet E13, with Vandoren mouthpiece/ligature/reeds.

Mcminty.
Buffet B10, Rico Royale 3" reeds. Have a few 2.5 and 3.5's when I need them.

I even have a couple of reeds I made myself, they're around 2.7-ish inches. They suck as reeds but make the coolest sounds.
velocitychaos
+26|6507|Brisbane Australia
I play guitar bit of bass and sing write my own stuff, play when i'm watching the 2 spin round.....
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6652|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
Guitar - Anything i feel like trying to play.
Bass - My favourite songs to play are Muse songs.. they have amazing basslines.
Drums - Nothing like DragonForce.. too fast.. most other things though
Piano - Learning "Butterflies and Hurricanes" by Muse.. jeez thats an awesome piano solo.
Vocals - Anything from Muse (have you guessed they're my favourite band?) to classical music.

I can also play: The violin, the trumpet, the clarinet, the xylophone and a few other things.

I love my music.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6433|San Antonio, TX
Learning to play bass right now.  Oddly enough I was trying to learn to play guitar when I was in high school, but an accident left me with some nerve damage in my left hand, so I can't get my fingers right on the little guitar strings.  But since there's more room on the bass fret I seem to be ok.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6642|Finland

silo1180 wrote:

Learning to play bass right now.  Oddly enough I was trying to learn to play guitar when I was in high school, but an accident left me with some nerve damage in my left hand, so I can't get my fingers right on the little guitar strings.  But since there's more room on the bass fret I seem to be ok.
A bass player is going to beat you to a bloody pulp for saying that.
I need around tree fiddy.
commissargizz
+123|6474| Heaven
Spoons
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6702|Devon, England
electric triangle.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6665|Teesside, UK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VOaoArdRvk

Not a real instrument i know but for people with no musical talent like myself it allows me to pretend

Ps.  That is not me or anyone i know in the vid.
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6713|Ontario
french horn.

im awesome i know..
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6442|Washington State, USA

silo1180 wrote:

oh you are in for a surprise, if you think guitar is harder then you are in for a unwelcome surprise. Learn to play Yyz by Rush or Donna Lee by Jaco Pastorius and tell me if it is "easy". you are the type of ignorant people that make bass players look like their job is easy, you are so wrong.

oh and i have been playing for 2 years and I play a Fender American Jazz Bass through a Mesa Boogie M-Pulse. I also play some drums on my friends Pearl drum set

Last edited by InfectiousShadow (2006-11-23 12:40:48)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6548|Long Island, New York
I used to play Baritone Horn, and even though I was amazing at it, I hated it terribly.

Starting guitar now, I've got it down pretty well.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command

InfectiousShadow wrote:

silo1180 wrote:

oh you are in for a surprise, if you think guitar is harder then you are in for a unwelcome surprise. Learn to play Yyz by Rush or Donna Lee by Jaco Pastorius and tell me if it is "easy". you are the type of ignorant people that make bass players look like their job is easy, you are so wrong.

oh and i have been playing for 2 years and I play a Fender American Jazz Bass through a Mesa Boogie M-Pulse. I also play some drums on my friends Pearl drum set
He speaks truth ladies.
I played guitar in working bands doing the club scene for a while, and got stuck back on bass because 90% just suck at it or don't get its role.
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6718|NL
saxofoon (alt)

https://www.saxpoint.nl/images/saxpoint-alt-keil-ST90-IV.jpg

Last edited by Poncho (2006-11-23 13:15:21)

Contract_Killa
+70|6379|Australia, A.C.T

ATG wrote:

InfectiousShadow wrote:

silo1180 wrote:

He speaks truth ladies.
I played guitar in working bands doing the club scene for a while, and got stuck back on bass because 90% just suck at it or don't get its role.
hehheh
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6703
bit of piano and the violin.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6695|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
ummmm im tried the trombone failed
giutar meh
piano fail

but i cant play mozart on the key board *closes eyes, and positions fingers*

dlhslkahojleytosdahgkljhcbxkbhkjbvhakdtiooiseroatiu;iooi;autl;kjalkas,nxcjfghgdsglieot;oiuasoi;ucbkjbcxjk                         

;lkeao;ituis;oiudlkbcjh,b.m.ladnsgh
sadklhgkasoiuytuoilayset

tjlkashdgoauiwyetoiusaetkjbsda,bm
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6456|The Land of Scott Walker
Piano is my primary instrument, teaching myself guitar.
Immobile Sniper
+3|6510
"Well, thats the thing about art. Different strokes, know?"

> Precisely .... The bassist for Dream Theater,John Myung,said that one of the things he did to improve while attending Berklee was practice to Iron Maiden's albums sped up from 33 to 45 rpm,think about that for a second. They're ALL badass. On the other hand,Rush has been an inspiration for me since Tom Sawyer was in the top 40.

> The only instrument I play is guitar unfortunately. I started my freshman year,practicing constantly,but progressing slowly. My main thing then was football. I broke my left wrist in a playoff game my junior year,but I never thought it would cause the problems it did later,even though it made no difference on the field. I graduated high school and went on to a junior college long enough to build my chops some more and take the 2 Spanish courses I had to have to be able to get into a 4 year college. Just before I finished there I started experiencing pins-and-needles sensations in my left palm. After a month it spread all the way to my fingertips,and I went to a doctor to see what was up. The diagnosis was CTS or Carpal Tunnel,caused by 40 hours a week or more of having my hand wrapped around a guitar neck,compounded by improper hand positioning,as a result of being completely self-taught other than guitar mags,vinyl,and cassettes. I eventually had to put it down completely for 6 months,but occasionally I would pick it up and play for a couple hours,and not feel a thing,until the next day when my wrist throbbed,or took a couple Motrin. This went on for 3 years,during that time I found something that let me discover who I really am,competitive pool.
After the 3 years,much of my chops were gone,and even though I could probably play for 5-6 hours now with no effects,it just isn't as much of a rush to play in front of people or even by myself if I can't just burn it the hell up. At the time of the CTS,I had only heard 7-8 pieces my whole life that I couldn't play,period. I can probably play anything with guitar in it you've heard on the radio since Nirvana came out,but it's not as satisfying as playing Far Beyond The Sun flawlessly in front of 90 people at a friend's wedding,as a present to the bride. I got her before he did,LOL.
InfectiousShadow
Myung is a awesome bass player unfortuunantly on all of the Dream Theater records, his tone is so overcompressed its very hard to hear him but still he is a great bassist. Victor Wooten and Billy Sheehan are also very good bass players
s()mtingWong
+48|6704
I play the ukulele and my favorite song is hawaiian supah man.
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6423|da ville, va
I play the god of brass the trumpet.
Wanna learn to play the banjo though thatd be sick
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6703|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

InfectiousShadow wrote:

Myung is a awesome bass player unfortuunantly on all of the Dream Theater records, his tone is so overcompressed its very hard to hear him but still he is a great bassist. Victor Wooten and Billy Sheehan are also very good bass players
At the beginning of the song "Home" (I can't remember which album it's on), the you can hear the bass part for a bit, and it's badass.
InfectiousShadow
Most songs you cant hear his bass because of compression but sometimes you can. but its the sonic ego of petrucci and the other bandmates that also bring down the tone. i can hear it but its pretty unclear sounding. guess its what happens if you get a little over zealous with the compressor
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6567
Double (Upright) Bass bitches
InfectiousShadow
my friend is really good at double bass, he is the one who inspired me to pick up bass. how long have you been playin for, my friend has been playin for about 6 years

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard