=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

NiMhurchu wrote:

blue60007 wrote:

The commander probably wanted to save the supplies for squads where there are a bunch of people around to use it, not just one person.
... whereas chances are bigger that there is a medic/support in a bunch than in a SpecOp one man show...
Exactly. and supplies reload quickly anyways.

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2005-08-14 22:59:45)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

Panserbjorn wrote:

Yeah, that's the kind of situation that completely irks me. Be careful, though. That supply drop near/onto the roof could give you away. It'd probably be best to just lay low until the coast is clear, though I still agree with you for being mad at the Commander.
Eh, they knew I was there anyways. but I guarded the ladder. Suprisingly peopel are too stupid to throw grenades up on the roof.
it was fun.. a blackhawk completely full tried to smash me.. I moved out of the way, I found a little hole on the chopper and chucked a grenade in and watched the bodies fall out. :-D
I am STILL angry at that commander though. and one thing that surprised me was that he was a corporal.. but completely noobish.
Panserbjorn
+3|6833

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Does anyone have a clearer picture of how the whole chain of command thing works with requests?
Squad leader requests go to the squad leader. They do not have a specific position attached to them like squad leader requests do. It is then up to the squad leader to request the particular asset at a specific position.

I find it best in a situation where I am a squad member to both "Request supplies", which goes through my leader, and hit "Repairs needed", "Medic needed", etc, which seems to get directly to the Commander through team chat. The squad leader isn't always paying attention or available to request assets.
tF-afrojap
+124|6847|SF
Good work Panserbjorn.

Waiting for the clearification on the voip stuff. I want to know if there's a way to speak to only one squad at a time. Guessing the answer is no..
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Panserbjorn wrote:

Yeah, that's the kind of situation that completely irks me. Be careful, though. That supply drop near/onto the roof could give you away. It'd probably be best to just lay low until the coast is clear, though I still agree with you for being mad at the Commander.
Eh, they knew I was there anyways. but I guarded the ladder. Suprisingly peopel are too stupid to throw grenades up on the roof.
it was fun.. a blackhawk completely full tried to smash me.. I moved out of the way, I found a little hole on the chopper and chucked a grenade in and watched the bodies fall out. :-D
I am STILL angry at that commander though. and one thing that surprised me was that he was a corporal.. but completely noobish.
You never did answer the previous question. Were you a Squad Member or Lone Wolf?

If you were... then your requests for Supplies never get to your commander and hence you were wasting your time.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

kilroy0097 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Panserbjorn wrote:

You never did answer the previous question. Were you a Squad Member or Lone Wolf?

If you were... then your requests for Supplies never get to your commander and hence you were wasting your time.
I'm pretty sure I was a squad leader.
I know I wasn't a lone wolf because when you're a lone wolf and you hit "t" nothing comes up.

Oh, and Are you sure that squad member's requests don't go straight to the commander? I've been a squad member many times before and requested supplies and I go them right away without a peep from my squad leader. and when I'm squad leader, I never have to request supplies for my team. unless I just get crappy people that don't know how to request.
priznat
+0|6848
One useful addon - when commander and you get a request to drop supplies somewhere and the plane is unavailable, do a "roger that" so that they know that the request was recieved even.. Then try to drop the supplies when they do become available..

Good supply dropping is an important skill!
Panserbjorn
+3|6833

tF-afrojap wrote:

Waiting for the clearification on the voip stuff. I want to know if there's a way to speak to only one squad at a time. Guessing the answer is no..
I know you can click the VOIP button and it says "mute radio from this squad", but I'm not sure if that means so they can't hear you or you can't hear them. I'm guessing it's you can't hear them, but I'll test this with some clanmates later.
TiMMY8765
+0|6830|Cookeville TN
Just so you know, commander points are scored based on each point scored by the team divided by the number of living players at the time the point was scored.  I know this from looking at the code in scoringCommon.py
PermaG
+1|6846

Panserbjorn wrote:

Squad leader requests go to the squad leader.

Might want to clearify that for future readers.

Last edited by PermaG (2005-08-15 15:00:13)

.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6830
Try dropping supply crates on hovering choppers, It actually does a significant amount of damage. Complete waste of a supply drop though....

Last edited by .:XDR:.PureFodder (2005-08-17 03:55:34)

Panserbjorn
+3|6833
One time I didn't want to waste an artillery strike on a sniper that was racking up a lot of kills. No one would follow orders to take him out, so I dropped supplies on his head. I didn't get the kill, but he sure as hell was "no more"!

Last edited by Panserbjorn (2005-08-17 06:58:17)

CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6842|Missoula, MT

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

Try dropping supply crates on hovering choppers, It actually does a significant amount of damage. Complete waste of a supply drop though....
Not a complete waste if it causes 'significant' damage as you say...looking forward to trying this manuever soon!  As well as the drop on a sniper trick, sounds like fun!
Achenar459
+0|6826
here's something you should add to the guide:
if you're the commander and you're dead, you can still access the commander tools. simply open your squad-select window and double right-click on the map overview.  although sometimes it glitches and you won't have a mouse pointer (i'm still unsure why this is) but it's definately nice to be able to access the screen when you're dead..especially if you're one of those 'on the go' commanders!

;]
GritsPwnsU
Banned
+0|6823|San Antonio, TX
Are yall sure that it is based on what squad members make that gives the commander his points?
Panserbjorn
+3|6833
It doesn't matter whether or not you're in a squad.
GritsPwnsU
Banned
+0|6823|San Antonio, TX
i understand that im just saying the people that are in the squad give the commander points right? SO if no1 in the squads get n e points then the commander isnt gonna get any
GritsPwnsU
Banned
+0|6823|San Antonio, TX
SO if there is no squads the commander gets no points
Panserbjorn
+3|6833
That's what I meant. Whether you're a squad leader, squad member, or lone wolf, you contribute equally to the Commander's score.
GritsPwnsU
Banned
+0|6823|San Antonio, TX
Awesome
Helicon
+0|6846|England

Panserbjorn wrote:

I will say this time and time again, nothing but average team score factors into the Commander's score, plain and simple.
Extremely well written as a whole but I dont understand the above statement as I recieved a gold medal the other day being Commander. How was this possible if I only get the "Average score"?
Panserbjorn
+3|6833
The winning team's Commander gets their score doubled. So say the average team score of the winning team is 56. The Commander's final score would be 112.
Helicon
+0|6846|England
Thanks
Achenar459
+0|6826
hey panser, did u catch my post up there? right before grits posted..
i think it might be a tastey morsel of information for some people
TiMMY8765
+0|6830|Cookeville TN
How the commander gets points, taken directly from Battlefield 2/mods/bf2/python/scoringCommon.py

Code:

# give commander score for every player score
def addScore(player, points, subScore = NORMAL, subPoints = -1):

# commander doesnt get score for regular actions, only for pure commander tasks. he also gets punishing points.
    if not player.isCommander() or subScore == CMND or points < 0:
        player.score.score += points
        if subPoints == -1:
            subPoints = points

# sub score
        if subScore == RPL:
            player.score.rplScore += subPoints
        if subScore == SKILL:
            player.score.skillScore += subPoints
        if subScore == CMND:
            player.score.cmdScore += subPoints

# commander score
    commander = bf2.playerManager.getCommander(player.getTeam())
    if commander != None and commander.isValid() and subScore != CMND and player != commander and points > 0:
        preScore = commander.score.score
        numPlayers = bf2.playerManager.getNumberOfAlivePlayersInTeam(commander.getTeam())
        if numPlayers > 0:
            commander.score.score += float(points) / numPlayers
            scoreGotten = commander.score.score - preScore
            if scoreGotten > 0:
                commander.score.cmdScore += scoreGotten
therefore, the commander gets points based on (each point)/(living players on the team)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard