+143|6467|New York
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6761|d
no?
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6440|Stealth City, UK
Id wait till the PS3 has had the same amount of time and new games as the XBOX did up until now before you can say anything. The number of software updates my XBOX has had is enoooooormous!
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6547|Southeastern USA
crap review, im not a sony fanboy but they didn't provide any specs and hard numbers with it. the single fact that blu-ray holds, what, 5 times what HD discs can is a pretty good nod toward the ps3.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6467|New York
I've always been a personal fan of the Playstation series myself. I think this articles makes some valid points though. Hardware / selection / overall populiarity.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6696|U.S
I like the article that is the way i feel havent seen anything with the PS3 yet but the game selection is what gets me the 360 over PS3 Halo 3, Halo Wars, GTA 4.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6547|Southeastern USA
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6467|New York

travisb05 wrote:

I like the article that is the way i feel havent seen anything with the PS3 yet but the game selection is what gets me the 360 over PS3 Halo 3, Halo Wars, GTA 4.
Yeah really, I guarantee that most of the hardcare Halo fanatics would like to dump their feces on the PS3 because of Halo 3. I would assume that's a large portion of the 360's sales is for upcoming games such as GTA4 and Halo 3.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6643
I don't plan to buy either, but I outlined before why the Xbox360 was superior to the PS3. Sony is saying the same bullshit things about the PS3 as they did about the PS2. Remember the Emotion Engine and Toy Story Graphics? I can't justify paying $600 for an inferior console with an inferior library of games.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6366|Netherlands

Why does everyone want to make war about consoles.

My opinion: The PS3 is going to be loser of the console war because 1. It's to f*cking expensive and the machine isn't even worth that kind of money and 2. It has a set of ported games bigger then any of the other consoles. Plus it's ugly.

The 360 is... more then half the price of the PS3, and offers the same or even better performance on nearly all areas. It has way more original games, better online mode, better games.

Does that make the PS3 a bad console which only idiots buy? No, but only idiots buy it at the current price. So you need to ask yourself, are you an idiot?

Edit: Btw, why on the mother of all that is holy ect. isn't anyone considering the Wii to be a fair opponent to these two consoles?

Last edited by TigerXtrm (2006-11-20 14:47:08)

buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6440|Stealth City, UK

TigerXtrm wrote:

Edit: Btw, why on the mother of all that is holy ect. isn't anyone considering the Wii to be a fair opponent to these two consoles?
Because you actually have to move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6685|UK
First thing, that article was INSANELY biased.

It's funny how many reviewers are saying 360 is the best console, maybe it is more powerful, but at the end of the day it's the games that are gonna make the console worth buying. 360 only has one game buying, which is Gears of War, but then after that it's Halo 3 and thats the thing with Xbox, Halo, Halo and more Halo. Now GOW has come along, now its just Halo, GOW, HALO, GOW. 

PS3 however, has MOTORSTORM, MGS4, DMC4, UT2K7, LAIR, GRAN TOURISMO, TEKKEN 5, VIRTUA FIGHTER 6, FINAL FANTASY 13 (this game alone will make PS3 sell a lot more in japan) and loads of other exclusives which are alone making me chose PS3 over 360.

I'm keeping faith in Sony, because when people doubted the PS2 at launch (High Price, Lack of great launch sames) a year later, everyone had a PS2, great games appeared and everyone has one. I think the same will happen to PS3. Microsoft IMO made a big mistake not using another format (like PS3 and blu-ray) to make their games on, as it constricts devs to a much smaller space compared to a dev for a PS3. I know a lot of devs are loving the extra space Blu-Ray allows.

It's definitely too early to be doubting the PS3, maybe when it's had a year to settle in and the killer games have been released, then we'll see.

PS3 is not expensive, it costs $850 to make so $600 is a bargain and both come with HDD. Where as you have to upgrade the 360 to be anywhere near the media capabilites the PS3 has, maybe this isn't important now, but when HD TV's and movies become standard, you will have to pay $200 for a HD/DVD player to go with your 360.

And whilst I'm at it

PS3 ALLOWS ANY OPERATING SYSTEM TO BE INSTALLED ON ITS HARDDRIVE, SO IN THE NEXT YEAR OR SO WE COULD WELL BE SEEING HALO 2 AND HALO 3 ON PS3. (VIA HOMEBREW APPS)

I've already seen Windows XP running on a PS3 and a few Linux versions and SNES and N64 games running on it. Search Youtube

Last edited by E7IX3R (2006-11-20 15:25:31)

topthrill05
+125|6575|Rochester NY USA
Wii. FTW!
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6372|Florida, USA
That is the most biased piece of shit review I have ever read! Playstation 3 has only been out for 3 days give it some fucking time please!
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6366|Netherlands

E7IX3R wrote:

360 only has one game buying, which is Gears of War, but then after that it's Halo 3 and thats the thing with Xbox, Halo, Halo and more Halo. Now GOW has come along, now its just Halo, GOW, HALO, GOW.

E7IX3R wrote:

FINAL FANTASY 13 (this game alone will make PS3 sell a lot more in japan)
Please take note of the text in bold... You're bitching at Xbox for repeating games and seconds later you bring up FF? Yea... smart move mate, that just killed your entire argument...
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6685|UK

TigerXtrm wrote:

E7IX3R wrote:

360 only has one game buying, which is Gears of War, but then after that it's Halo 3 and thats the thing with Xbox, Halo, Halo and more Halo. Now GOW has come along, now its just Halo, GOW, HALO, GOW.

E7IX3R wrote:

Please take note of the text in bold... You're bitching at Xbox for repeating games and seconds later you bring up FF? Yea... smart move mate, that just killed your entire argument...
Yes, but each FF is uniquely different, where as Halo is the same, what made Halo 2 different from Halo 1 (except the shitty ending)?

So no, it didn't kill my entire argument.
twiistaaa
+87|6666|mexico

TigerXtrm wrote:

i'd say because the gamecube was the loser last round and the wii is unpredictable. plus the nintendos focus is on gaming not overall performance as opposed to sony and ms.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6696|U.S
Another thing look what Microsoft did with the Zune it has better everything than an ipod and that is a first of any kind of mp3 from Microsoft. My grandma said she was going to wait in line to get a PS3 and spend the night and everything. I really wish she would have her PS2 is gone to the shits almost every game plays like crap like GTA San Andreas,Dangerous Hunts and a few other odd problems. just a few more things.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6695
PS3 owns, enough said, end of story, Xbots can go to hell
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

twiistaaa wrote:

TigerXtrm wrote:

i'd say because the gamecube was the loser last round and the wii is unpredictable. plus the nintendos focus is on gaming not overall performance as opposed to sony and ms.
^^ why Wii owns.
acidkiller187
+123|6628
I bought an X-Box360, and it sucks donkey n00b. I'm really miserable cause it is not nearly as good as i thought it would be. So now i'm gona buy a Ps3 and i know it will fkn kick ass period!
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6685|UK

travisb05 wrote:

Another thing look what Microsoft did with the Zune it has better everything than an ipod and that is a first of any kind of mp3 from Microsoft. My grandma said she was going to wait in line to get a PS3 and spend the night and everything. I really wish she would have her PS2 is gone to the shits almost every game plays like crap like GTA San Andreas,Dangerous Hunts and a few other odd problems. just a few more things.
Um no, you should look at reviews of the Zune, bad software, loads of glitches and it's bigger than a 80gb Ipod.
Reciprocity
+721|6578|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I can't justify paying $600 for an inferior console with an inferior library of games.
you're crying about the PS3's library of games, and it's been out for how long?  4 days?  as I recall, one year ago, there wasn't shit for the 360 either.  christ, it took a year for Gears of War to get released, and from what i've heard it's the first decent game on the system.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6639|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

TigerXtrm wrote:

E7IX3R wrote:

E7IX3R wrote:

stfu about my favourite game series ever kthxbye.
elixer is right on this one.
The Sony Playstation 3 has a faster core processor and a higher GPU clock rate, so it's graphics aren't "demolished" by the 360's. Sony also has alot better game titles and is getting more and more from the 360's. All the 360 has going for it right now is Gears of War and the Halo series, and the Halo series blows.

"MASTER CHIEF. IT'S ANOTHER HALO."
"I know what to do, same thing as the first game."
"OK BUT THIS TIME YOU HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE TO HOLD TWO GUNS."
"Awesome...?"

Here is Halo 3:

"MASTER CHIEF. A THIRD HALO! TO COMPENSATE FOR THE REPEATING STORY LINE, YOU CAN NOW TRIPLE WIELD WITH YOUR FEET. LoLuMaD?"
"...what the fuck?"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard