Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6639|Peoria
The other day I was playing on a server when an engineer landed on my titan and started throwing motion mines on top the shield to my hangar bay, much to my surprise. I'm sorry but thats bullshit. You shouldn't be able to deploy anything on the shield. It doesn't even make sense.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6472|Sheffield-England
lolzer u gt owned XD
GeoEnvi
+22|6679|Philadelphia, PA
I LOVE that technique!

bombs away....
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6608|Kent, UK
what a great idea!
shame i dont have any engineer unlokcs.....
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
hahah go cry more.

it's awesome doing that.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6461

WTF... I tried this and it didn't work...

/cry
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
-GR33NS-
+10|6493|KILLA KALI
bwahahaha. I see it being nerfed.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

hmmm what about c4 (or whats it called now, rdx?)
zeidmaan
+234|6408|Vienna

haven tried RDX but I tried motion mines as soon as I unlocked them. And I got suprised when it worked because I never seen it done before. You would think a dirty trick like that would be used more often eh ??
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6726|Oslo, Norway

stkhoplite wrote:

lolzer u gt owned XD
My name is WilhelmSissener and I support this message

You got pwnz0rised, lolz!
47man
+46|6416|Cali
I just put it along the front of the titan... they fly off and it follows... some people don't leave if they see all the soccer balls on the roof.
gearpig
+6|6754|SoCal
I do it all the time. Most the time it doesn't work, but if they land in the right place the aircraft will hit them when they elevate to take off. I also plant them at deck level right in front of the aircraft on the lip just outside the shield. We're just being creative, not exploiting. I'm also amazed that nobody has bothered to try and shoot me as I walk around freely on the front lip just outside the shield.
Entertayner
+826|6563

If you put motion mines on your titan while it's moving then they blow up but i'll have to try that one
zeidmaan
+234|6408|Vienna

I find it sometimes tricky to land there. But if you doing it from the top than throw mines between the gunshit and transportshit. I noticed that they sometimes explode right away if you place them directly above, or they explode when the transport/gunship respawns.
Now go forth and piss people of.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6472|Sheffield-England

zeidmaan wrote:

I find it sometimes tricky to land there. But if you doing it from the top than throw mines between the gunshit and transportshit. I noticed that they sometimes explode right away if you place them directly above, or they explode when the transport/gunship respawns.
Now go forth and piss people of.
use pods.......
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6753

Elamdri wrote:

The other day I was playing on a server when an engineer landed on my titan and started throwing motion mines on top the shield to my hangar bay, much to my surprise. I'm sorry but thats bullshit. You shouldn't be able to deploy anything on the shield. It doesn't even make sense.
That was me!

Unfortunately they didn't work... the idea was they'd follow you when you took off.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6611|InGerLand

gearpig wrote:

I do it all the time. Most the time it doesn't work, but if they land in the right place the aircraft will hit them when they elevate to take off. I also plant them at deck level right in front of the aircraft on the lip just outside the shield. We're just being creative, not exploiting. I'm also amazed that nobody has bothered to try and shoot me as I walk around freely on the front lip just outside the shield.
because you can't shoot from the inside of the shield out, and you can't shoot from the outside in, so that people don't camp on top of titan and so that people can't just snipe from one titan to another in safety
wrx_sti
+2|6465|USA
I did that all the time too, but it only work on some server.  But if that work, it is a beautifull thing.  (4) helly in one game with motion mine :-)  Sweet.  If only I have more supply...
gearpig
+6|6754|SoCal

sfarrar33 wrote:

because you can't shoot from the inside of the shield out, and you can't shoot from the outside in, so that people don't camp on top of titan and so that people can't just snipe from one titan to another in safety
Yes, but all they have to do is step through the shield to the outside and take me on. And they even have the luxery of stepping back in for cover, I don't.

And you say camping like its a bad thing? In this context, when the sheilds are down, IMO it's important to protect the way for incoming troops either via transport or squad beacon. So a beachhead can be established on the enemy Titan itself rather than trying to breach it over and over again.

Last edited by gearpig (2006-11-20 12:11:53)

Dex Luther
+32|6431|Canukastan

-GR33NS- wrote:

It will be nerfed. It's a glitch. If an enemy touches the shield, they die. So same should go for anything deployed by an enemy. Otherwise, you'd have support whores dropping sentries down into the titan hangar bay.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6753

Dex Luther wrote:

-GR33NS- wrote:

It will be nerfed. It's a glitch. If an enemy touches the shield, they die. So same should go for anything deployed by an enemy. Otherwise, you'd have support whores dropping sentries down into the titan hangar bay.
You misunderstand. The mines/sentries rest on top of the shield, but don't die.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6639|Peoria

Talon wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

That was me!

Unfortunately they didn't work... the idea was they'd follow you when you took off.
I'm glad I saw you doing it, or I woulda taken off...
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6542|UK

I seen it for the 1st time last night, and I thought WTF!  Credit to the guy he got like 5 of us lmao, but in my typical good grace I poded ontop of him, muahahahahahahaha! *cough*

Martyn
gearpig
+6|6754|SoCal
I agree anything that touches the shields should probably blow up.

And to clarify, they do not drop through the shields into the bay, they stay on top of it (and rarely actually work). But the front lip just outside of the shield is undisputed fair game IMO.

Last edited by gearpig (2006-11-20 17:34:47)

Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6639|Peoria

gearpig wrote:

I agree anything that touches the shields should probably blow up.

And to clarify, they do not drop through the shields into the bay, they stay on top of it (and rarely actually work). But the front lip just outside of the shield is undisputed fair game IMO.
oh of course, but thats actually solid material.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard