...sounds vaguely familiar11%11% - 4
...rocks, and so do the BC Lions!17%17% - 6
...rocks, and so do the Alouettes even though they lost2%2% - 1
...would lose versus College Football14%14% - 5
Total: 35
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6780

I dare say more people watch Curling than CFL.
The Magic Mullet
+240|6441
Do you mean football as in the game where men wear far too much padding and rarely connect foot with ball?

Essentially Throwball?

Makes me laugh how people think NFL players are tough nuts, Rugby is far more physical with no padding at all.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6749|St. Andrews / Oslo

College Football > CFL
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6636|Manitowoc, WI

The Magic Mullet wrote:

Do you mean football as in the game where men wear far too much padding and rarely connect foot with ball?

Essentially Throwball?

Makes me laugh how people think NFL players are tough nuts, Rugby is far more physical with no padding at all.
Wrong thread.
The Magic Mullet
+240|6441

BolvisOculus wrote:

The Magic Mullet wrote:

Essentially Throwball?

Wrong thread.
Wrong thread to ask for clarifaction on the original post? How so?

Would it just not have been darn-diddly wrong to raise a new thread just to ask what kind of football someone was on about in another thread? I think so.

It's ok, we both see how you were wrong, we can now move on with our day.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6608|Scarborough Yorkshire England

The Magic Mullet wrote:

BolvisOculus wrote:

The Magic Mullet wrote:

Essentially Throwball?

Wrong thread.
Wrong thread to ask for clarifaction on the original post? How so?

Would it just not have been darn-diddly wrong to raise a new thread just to ask what kind of football someone was on about in another thread? I think so.

It's ok, we both see how you were wrong, we can now move on with our day.
QFT
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6695|In You Endo- Stoke
Yep i have seen CFL, probally see more hail mary's in it.In england it is on NASN and have to pay extra for the channel. think £3.00 a month but tned not to bother as i wactch NFL.

The problem is you can't compare rugby to American football beacuse its a completly different game.How often do you see someone knocked out in rugby?
Plus the fact that most rugby players look like they have been run over by a truck.
The Magic Mullet
+240|6441

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

Yep i have seen CFL, probally see more hail mary's in it.In england it is on NASN and have to pay extra for the channel. think £3.00 a month but tned not to bother as i wactch NFL.

The problem is you can't compare rugby to American football beacuse its a completly different game.How often do you see someone knocked out in rugby?
Plus the fact that most rugby players look like they have been run over by a truck.
Oh don't you start.

Go on, back in your box before I get my balls out.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6780

The Magic Mullet wrote:

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

Oh don't you start.

Go on, back in your box before I get my balls out.
Definately.

Football is for pussies unless you play it without padding and incorporate a scrum into it.

Rugby ftw.
dill13
+67|6210

CFL is the only pro sport I watch its the only one where theirs not a bunch of premadona pussies. I think the biggest thing is Ive never really enjoyed watching any sports besides hockey and football and the NHL lockout made lose interest in it.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6383|California

dill13 wrote:

CFL is the only pro sport I watch its the only one where theirs not a bunch of premadona pussies. I think the biggest thing is Ive never really enjoyed watching any sports besides hockey and football and the NHL lockout made lose interest in it.
Good one, chief.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5982|London, England

Fake
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6246|NSW, Australia

what about ice hockey?
and NRL (australian Rugby)
AFL is just fucking lame
dill13
+67|6210

Nappy wrote:

what about ice hockey?
and NRL (australian Rugby)
AFL is just fucking lame
Ill give you rugby and maybe some pro ice hockey leagues in europe but I dont get much of that on tv here.
edit: Although international rules are alot stricter on checking which is fail. The new rules in the NHL have made big hits and just general physical play almost disappear. oh he touch me when im going for the puck thats interference there should be allot more diving calls. Oh and fail poll is fail.

Last edited by dill13 (2008-07-19 21:06:09)

eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6261|TEXAS
null vote: Where's the " No cuz it's Gay" option? Canadian's should stick to hockey they are really good at it. I went to a fight and a canadian hockey game broke out.

Last edited by eaglecorps (2008-07-19 21:19:48)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5948|Somewhere out in Space
25. In Austraila football is called buttsecks.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6648|New Hampshire, USA
For all the people who say (American) football is for pussies, how many of you have actually played it?

I played it for four years and in that time I,

Broke my leg
Broke three fingers, one of them twice
Have had 2 concussions
Had a gash in my leg that took quite a number of stitches to close
and, while on my back, had my balls stepped on by a 250+ lb. lineman wearing metal-tipped cleats (no lasting injury, but got a nice break from the game )

I have never played rugby before, but it does look intense.  That does not, however, under any circumstances, make football for pussies.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5948|Somewhere out in Space
Rugby consists of massive clusterfucking of whoever has the ball.  The ball gets loose and is picked up, cycle repeats.  I fail to see how a sport consisting of a bunch of men with the IQ of forrest gump finding out who gets sodomized by the phallic ball last is even mildly entertaining.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-07-20 00:05:57)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6554|Long Island, New York

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

For all the people who say (American) football is for pussies, how many of you have actually played it?

I played it for four years and in that time I,

Broke my leg
Broke three fingers, one of them twice
Have had 2 concussions
Had a gash in my leg that took quite a number of stitches to close
and, while on my back, had my balls stepped on by a 250+ lb. lineman wearing metal-tipped cleats (no lasting injury, but got a nice break from the game )

I have never played rugby before, but it does look intense.  That does not, however, under any circumstances, make football for pussies.
The hits are also much weaker. Have you seen Rugby guys? Nowhere near the amount of body mass as someone like, say...Jevon Kearse in his prime, or Julius Peppers in his. Both of those guys would fuck even the biggest guy in Rugby up. The reason they wear such huge pads nowadays is BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THEM. The muscle mass of the average rugby player looks like the muscle mass of the average kicker. It's like a bunch of Adam Vinatieri clones running around.

So, Brits who make fun of football should really get on the Gridiron and then they can run their mouth if they can survive a hit in pads without being hurt.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6506|Gogledd Cymru

Poseidon wrote:

The muscle mass of the average rugby player looks like the muscle mass of the average kicker. It's like a bunch of Adam Vinatieri clones running around.
https://media.scout.com/Media/Image/36/364876.jpg

https://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/03/27/2004310897.jpg

https://metropolis.co.jp/xmg/681/681-S-Lomu.jpg

I could carry on my random google searches to further the point but there is no need, I'm by no means an avid rugby fan, but what you just said is bullshit.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6398|Oslo, Norway
I know you have a notional team and therefore I presume you have your own league system. But never heard of it and never gonna take any interrest to get to know it.

Sorry...???

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard