+315|6573|Melbourne, Australia.
Discuss.
Dangles91
+7|6383
Works great on vechs
LT.Victim
+1,175|6555|British Columbia, Canada
keep it that way..

I like being able to run threw one with a med pack out..

And it freaking destroys Vehicles in Seconds, Yet infantry can run right threw them.. LOL
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
When i'm infantry, and see an orbital strike...i run over to it and start singing in the rain...and barely get hurt (ive died very few times in the middle of strikes after 100 rounds)

...if I did that on bf2 on the wake carrier I'de be sent flying to north base..

Last edited by -[Silver.Inc* (2006-11-19 23:17:44)

47man
+46|6416|Cali
I find it very effective, you have to place it exactly where you want it on concentrated amount of troops.
Crestfallen
+27|6442|England, Leicester
I've been killed two or three times, but I find that it's much more useful as using it as a screen to get past your enemies while they are distracted.  Useful for getting a few knife kills when no one's paying attention to you.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

When i'm infantry, and see an orbital strike...i run over to it and start singing in the rain...and barely get hurt (ive died very few times in the middle of strikes after 100 rounds)

...if I did that on bf2 on the wake carrier I'de be sent flying to north base..
Which version are you singing?
https://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1870/singingintherainwf0.jpg ..or.. https://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3836/clockworkorangeck2.jpg
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6538|England
orbital strikes are crap
about as useful as a chocolate fireguard
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6687|Vancouver BC Canada
Orbital strikes are crap, but the EMP is priceless. I love using it on transports leaving the enemy titan only to watch them fall to their doom.
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6568
I think orbital strikes are useless except for one thing: it's a gigantic smoke bomb.  And that's why I hate my commander for using it on a base that I'm trying to snipe in.  Looking at it makes me lag, and it's not like you could see anything anyway.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6555|British Columbia, Canada
I would rather get Arty'd in BF2142, then get EMP'd by the commander..

I hate the EMPs.. its like your have a seizure
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6638|Malibu

LT.Victim wrote:

I would rather get Arty'd in BF2142, then get EMP'd by the commander..

I hate the EMPs.. its like your have a seizure
I can't agree with you more... EMP grenade is one thing, but EMP Strike just messes up EVERYTHING (even though it doesn't kill directly but it will make things die much faster in fire fights).
Sambuccashake
+126|6603|Sweden
They are pretty wicked against vehicles.

Capping vehicle + EMP strike + orbital strike = outpost cleared
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6726|Oslo, Norway
Tanks and other vehicles have a problem, but infantry only die from a direct hit or several hits one foot away...
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6638|Malibu
The only time I would worry about receiving Orbital Strike near my vicinity as an infantry would be when I am not an Assault class and no one who is Assault class, in my team, knows how to read a mini map to check who is requiring medic.
wodstlk
+2|6372
seems to kill me fine
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6613|Mhz

Still ammuses me when people moan about Orbital Strikes, it's not meant for anti-infantry in 2142, it's primary use is vehicle destruction and infantry suppression.

It's like BF2 reversed, in BF2 you could drive a tank into the middle of an arty strike and not get a scratch, do that in 2142 and you'll be in the middle of a burning heap sucking your charred thumb.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Still ammuses me when people moan about Orbital Strikes, it's not meant for anti-infantry in 2142, it's primary use is vehicle destruction and infantry suppression.
I wasn't moaning
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6613|Mhz

Didn't say you were it's a discuss thread you made not a whinge.

Just having a dig at those who do moan.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
oic
Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6719
I usally kill >20 people per round with the strike. You have to placce it VERY acurate, but if you do, you kill enemy soldiers like flys. Look for groups of snipers/support, camping on roofs.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6578|Montreal

the_outsider38 wrote:

Orbital strikes are crap, but the EMP is priceless. I love using it on transports leaving the enemy titan only to watch them fall to their doom.
lol that must be so funny
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

WilhelmSissener wrote:

Tanks and other vehicles have a problem, but infantry only die from a direct hit or several hits one foot away...
lol, turbonegro
zeidmaan
+234|6408|Vienna

the_outsider38 wrote:

I like placing motion mines on the hangar bay shields. More fun than EMP strike.
And when I get EMPed I close my eyes for 10 seconds. If I die, I die
I gives me a headache.
JohnLeavitt
+16|6436
I hate the EMP stikes, the orbital strikes are good but not vs Assult class. they can be handy because they wound alot of the enemy, which is a snipers dream lol. the EMP is nasty though. if you get hit realy bad with it changes everythings collors, even name tags. lol i have been EMPed and couldnt tell if the guy in front of me was hostile or not. big pain in the ass cause you are hesitant to fire....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard