Crispin
+13|6499|Amarillo Tx

SharpShooter xx wrote:

It is because vehicles get pretty boring, i dont know about u guys but i think they do get boring
Thats when you get off your lazy ass and start taking out the vehicles with AT or Spec-Ops or try a new class that you have not logged much time under.
Simon
basically
+838|6679|UK

Fabbi_Kanin wrote:

Because all jerks sit in planes, tanks and copters and can't play

Simon wrote:

For all vehicle haters: I get owned by choppers and jets too often, I just generally suck ass, so instead of admitting it I hate on choppers and jets until I can learn to fly and stop complaining.
That can be for you to.

Last edited by Simon (2006-11-19 12:03:34)

jord
+2,382|6699|The North, beyond the wall.

SharpShooter xx wrote:

It is because vehicles get pretty boring, i dont know about u guys but i think they do get boring
I don't,i prefere zooming around at 700 MPH shooting shit rather than walking for 5 minutes because theres no vehicles to take me to the enemy.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6587|England

Simon wrote:

Linus wrote:

no chopper kiddies with daddys joysticks.
no jet kiddies with daddys joysticks.
therefore, more skilled game, less spam.

I get owned by choppers and jets too often, I just generally suck ass, so instead of admitting it I hate on choppers and jets until I can learn to fly and stop complaining.
Fixed for you.
Haha!

Fabbi_Kanin wrote:

Because all jerks sit in planes, tanks and copters and can't play
A common misconception which leads to the divide in the game caused by IO mode and never ending arguement between vehicle users and IO players.

Why is it that there is this perception that any, and all vehicle users can not shoot a rifle or make a kill without a vehicle? Its complete bullshit and a total myth.
Simon
basically
+838|6679|UK
http://bf2s.com/player/64726061/

Is that you Fabbi_Kanin?
If you love infantry so much, shouldn't you be at least half decent at it?
Looks like you're the one who can't play.

Last edited by Simon (2006-11-19 12:05:54)

[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6554|Cardiff
if u think about where the enemy are coming from u dont have to worry about nade spamming tbh.  or for that matter using nades loads.  i like IO coz it means i dont have to wait 7 mins to get into a vehicle.
Simon
basically
+838|6679|UK

[THE] comben wrote:

if u think about where the enemy are coming from u dont have to worry about nade spamming tbh.  or for that matter using nades loads.  i like IO coz it means i dont have to wait 7 mins to get into a vehicle.
M95 is you're friend.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6790|Human Meat Shield
I like both, before IO was out I was 12% in vehicles.  You people need to stop bitching and worry about yourself, who cares is Joe Schmoe likes playing IO. I made it a task to take out the Vehicle whores and thought I did a great job at it, but nonetheless you are gonna have your complainers all around, if you kill a tank a couple times they get pissed, you nadespam they get pissed, you clayspam you get pissed, see the pattern? Just like you tank hoes saying Jihading isnt skill, blah! I take this as a game, nothing else.  In my opinion neither one takes skill, just a FPS game with a bunch of e-peni running around thinking they are better than everyone else.

Play the game and shut up.

A common misconception which leads to the divide in the game caused by IO mode and never ending arguement between vehicle users and IO players.

Why is it that there is this perception that any, and all vehicle users can not shoot a rifle or make a kill without a vehicle? Its complete bullshit and a total myth.
Well one seems like most of the vehicle people are the ones complaining because they can no longer drop bombs on red dots and camp out in helos at spawnpoints because all the infantry left.

The perception is ERC.RC cant live without armor, among others. If you are more than 50% in vehicles then its no myth. Vehicles are a part of war, so it doesnt bother me either way.

Last edited by imdead (2006-11-19 12:39:15)

[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6615|Iceland
i play 1.12, no shit like spamming or something just plain fun
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6612|Your attic

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

i play 1.12, no shit like spamming or something just plain fun
Does that argyle guy still just sit in the hotel on karkand everyday?

I don't mind padders but christ.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6615|Iceland
lol argile? hes nothing compared to isso. well lately the 64p server has bin ruined by those glitchers but i go on other server when karkand is on cause of them
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6548|Panama
High Pts!
SeNNetarium
+1|6779|Netherlands / Germany
at first I hate inf only server...but now I love it

if you play often with friends in a squad, it makes much more fun.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6856|Kubra, Damn it!

infentry?

The real question is: Why is spell check so un-popular?
BlackCow
+2|6418

chittydog wrote:

infentry?

Ha ha, well the reason is because im useing linux ubuntu and I havent upgraded to the new firefox with spell check on this computer. I was hopeing people would just ignor my crappy spelling.

Last edited by BlackCow (2006-11-19 14:03:15)

Janja
Jiggaboo Jones
+11|6403|FLOOR E DUH
are  u retarded enough to misspell infantry even without spell checker. i mean c'mon
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6683|Groningen, The Netherlands

BlackCow wrote:

I don't understand, all of the good 64 player servers are infentry only. Why do people like it so much? I like the idea of no vehicles but the problem is that its full of nade spaming bunny hoping n00bs. And the battle always seems to move so slow, specialy on jalalabad. A few infentry only servers is enough but why so many of them, it didn't used to be that way. What happend to all the good city maps only servers.
I only see nade spamming on karkand when usmc attack hotel.

See what you do is make a squad and walk to square or suburb (walk around the battle. it isnt that hard).
Then you take the flag cos nobody is going to be in time ot stop you from taking it.

Let the real battle commence.
srog72
+12|6777|Michigan
It is so popular becuz of the lack of Vehicle whoreing........With vehicles or without it is all good to me.......but I feel it does make the game a little shallow..........Karkand is pretty much a scripted map, meaning it is approached for the most part the same every round........Inf only has made it worse........Jalalabad is a good map but 64 player map inf only is awful......fight really stops at the lake and outpost...........There is a common ground I think..........If there was a function to only add jeeps, buggys and trucks....no jets, no helos, no armor..that would add a little pizaaz.  Inf only shoul be a 32 player and below.....I hate walking 5 minutes to get back to the action.....u see how many times US takes a back base on Karkand and takes like 100 tickets b4 some1 gets back there...................Lets get some SF servers going.........

Last edited by srog72 (2006-11-19 14:27:41)

_-_911_-_180891
+540|6523|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
It's Infuntry
chittydog
less busy
+586|6856|Kubra, Damn it!

BlackCow wrote:

chittydog wrote:

infentry?

Ha ha, well the reason is because im useing linux ubuntu and I havent upgraded to the new firefox with spell check on this computer. I was hopeing people would just ignor my crappy spelling.
Doesn't matter. You know there's a great big Check Spelling button right next to the Submit button right? BF2s does it for you.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6760|Omaha, Nebraska
It so damn easy to make mega points on IO servers... It should be considered padding... But I love em!
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6666
speaking of that I was sick and tired of playing infantry only, all the time so I switched to vehicles   one, and I ended up with the highest scores while playing while being on the foot only, surprisingly since I got so good at killing people while killing people at infantry map once I switched I was pawning everyone on foot .
VicktorVauhn
+319|6413|Southern California

SharpShooter xx wrote:

You guys know you can play on foot in normal server too right? Im not gonna talk bad about people who want to play IO, but saying it takes more skill is crazy. staying alive on foot is the same in a normal server as it is on IO, with the added challenge of jets, tanks, helos and arty....Maybe vehicle whoring can be easier then playing as infantry....But you don't have to leave the server to get out of your jet.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6667

Simon wrote:

Linus wrote:

no chopper kiddies with daddys joysticks.
no jet kiddies with daddys joysticks.
therefore, more skilled game, less spam.

I get owned by choppers and jets too often, I just generally suck ass, so instead of admitting it I hate on choppers and jets until I can learn to fly and stop complaining.
Fixed for you.
I thought that was what he meant to say. Thanks for clearing that up.
Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6473|UK
I would say in IO its better because i feel ever time i die its because i did something wrong or was not supported by a squad correctly.

Frankly nade spam is just like a jet or any vehicle because you can avoid it so saying vehicles makes you more situationally aware is wrong because you just need to aware in different way .

Plus if a fat fuck off tank comes along you don't need to be that aware really. Jalalabad is abit open but there are ways of playing just like on any other map that can get around the spamming.

Also why does it bother anyone if you like IO play IO you like vehicle whoring whore away on the right server no one going to stop you, but don't say there isn't skill in this or that you just don't know what the skill is IO or vehicles its just different style of played and most have play both.

In IO i think you get really good at one on one fights and one to many fights as infantry because every encounter is like that not , killed by tank , kill by spawn raping apc, you get to fight infantry all the time therefore get better in fire fights i think and then when you play normal you own most infantry ;p

One other thing too is some people rely on there vehicle kills and points to keep there scores high so they might play infantry a little but they never really like because they are some much better in vehicles i know before IO i did sometimes.

Last edited by Recoil555 (2006-11-19 15:47:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard