ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6438|Lisburn, NI
Okay, could you guys help me choose a new case?

I currently have an HP Pavillion case (One of the slightly older ones)
The Fans and general airflow sucks balls.

I was looking for a case in the UK that costs roughly around £60 max.

It has to:

Look good (Don't want a repeat of this one <_<)

Run Quietly (This one is real noisy)
and
Have good airflow/low temps.

This is gonna be a LAN/backup rig, so nothing major.

The Hardware I'm going to put in it is in my sig. (Old Specs + another 512MB RAM)

Any help?
tupla_s
+455|6585|Finland
I have this and it was only 50€ (33£ says google ) It has pretty good airflow and is silent (depends what fans you have though, this one's good )
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6438|Lisburn, NI
Looks good, I was gonna get a few fans later when I have some more money (I hate not having a job...)
I'm going to check down at the local PC store, It'd be easier to get it from there than to get it from the intarweb again (My mum hates giving out her credit card number...)
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6438|Lisburn, NI
Okay, so I was in the shop and they have a nice looking Coolermaster Centurion there.

It's £55 so thats inside my budget, and there's no postage and packaging. 'cause I can collect it.

Do any of you guys have the case? What's the airflow like?

Do you have any other suggestions for a case under £60 (incl. delivery to Northern Ireland)?
cosworth1983
+21|6478|Enschede / Netherlands
When your bying a case with 120 mm fans in them, also buy a fan controller,  as the 120 mm fans will provide more then enough airflow on 7 V + the noise levels are kept low.
And buy some PAPST fan's,  they are pretty expensive,  but they almost make no noise, expecially on 7 V.

Greetz
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6438|Lisburn, NI
I was going to buy a Fan controller along with the new fans later.

Anyone any ideas on the case?
-=5TON3D
+42|6527|u.k
i've got this xblade in black
http://imodpc.com/images/X-Blade/XBlade … educed.JPG

good airflow for a £35 case inc cheap 400w psu. psu lasted about 6months then upgraded to the tagen 600w & added 2 heat extractor fans in the rear facing gfx card & cpu.
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6438|Lisburn, NI
I've never really liked the Xblade cases, to me, they look tacky (No offense, you might like yours)
Thanks anyway.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6655|under there hayousaidunderwear
I think that Xblade looks really nice
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6438|Lisburn, NI
Well, its just a matter of opinion, I'm more into classy cases, not as many extras, but just smooth, clean lines.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

What about the Thermaltake VB1000SNS Soprano SuperMidi Tower. That's quite cheap and I think it looks pretty nice.
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6438|Lisburn, NI
I've looked at the Soprano and I quite like it, so that's a possibility.

And Kmarion, Oh. My. God. I want that.

Too bad it's close to £200...

So yeah, any other suggestions with a budget of £60?
Wraith
+30|6572
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/spec … TT-SDREMBW

Thermaltake Tsunami Dream.  A bit above the £60 but a very nice case.  Stylish, understated and with plenty of room inside to work with.  Also has lots of drive bays (4 x external DVD bays, 2 x external floppy drive bays, & 5? internal HDD bays.  Comes with 2 x 120mm case fans already installed and gets very good airflow.

Also has 2 x USB, 1 x firewire, 1 x microphone and 1 x headphone socket on the top of the case.
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6438|Lisburn, NI
I like the look of that, and £4 isn't much over budget.

Does anyone have a Coolermaster Cavalier? (I said Centurion before, didn't mean it...)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard