Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6746|Germany

At least there are american jets on it.
However, its a map where the poor Infantry is not killed by tanks or planes without having a chance.
I think its a better Karkand: an infantry playground.
[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6771|Norway

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

What's SP?  Or do you mean SF?

Well... it's there, but there's no single-player map for it (which seems a bit of a rip).  But, if you want to take a look around without being on a server in a fight, go to multiplayer and start your own LAN server, and you can choose Iron Gator.  I did it the other night when my dad was here, so we could have a good laugh at how stupid EA is (F-18's on an amphibious assault ship... ROFL).
Okey first must have MISSED the right hotkey or something....
And thx for the tip!!
Badcow68
+4|6743|Tucson, AZ
Love the map.....Not much else I can say. I dont worry about what planes or helios are there when I am running arround ducking for my life while throwing grenades, planting C4, laying down surpressive fire and having a hell of a time. I will leave the complaining for those that are better at it.
Mulchman MM
+0|6742|Virginia Beach, VA
Man, this map sucks UNLESS you're MEC and in the Hind. Otherwise be prepared to die a lot. If you can whore the Hind a gold star awaits you. Easily. Just have your gunner TV the Essex then go camp the deck. It's that simple.

For the SEALs... try to switch teams to MEC? lol... It's not fun running around that maze dying a lot. The SCAR-L/H will only get you SO far...
RDMC_old
+0|6755|Almere, Holland

section9 wrote:

Is that the bomb or what? I wish they could update the gulf of oman to have a carrier with the interiors and such.
it is really cool the iron gator.. but i searched for the upper deck for like 10 minutes.. and getting killed about 16 times.. they should place some directions plates!
MightyBobo
+2|6799|Omaha, NE

Mulchman MM wrote:

Man, this map sucks UNLESS you're MEC and in the Hind. Otherwise be prepared to die a lot. If you can whore the Hind a gold star awaits you. Easily. Just have your gunner TV the Essex then go camp the deck. It's that simple.

For the SEALs... try to switch teams to MEC? lol... It's not fun running around that maze dying a lot. The SCAR-L/H will only get you SO far...
Uhhh....what?  The USMC can DOMINATE this map easy, if they know what they are doing.  Hind is like flying a boat - I'll take the Apache over it any day.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6807|England
I LOVE this map, played it for just over 20 hours already and Ive only had special forces 6 days

In 88 matches I think Ive seen MEC win about 2 or 3 times...
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6815|Barrington, RI

Mulchman MM wrote:

Have you tried using the PKM in the bowels of the ship?  When I do that the only ones dying alot are the MEC that come looking for a flag to cap.
ronin1942
+-1|6862

RDMC wrote:

section9 wrote:

Is that the bomb or what? I wish they could update the gulf of oman to have a carrier with the interiors and such.
it is really cool the iron gator.. but i searched for the upper deck for like 10 minutes.. and getting killed about 16 times.. they should place some directions plates!
they do have signs look a little harder......... its the only i can figure out which way to go too
RDMC_old
+0|6755|Almere, Holland

ronin1942 wrote:

RDMC wrote:

section9 wrote:

they do have signs look a little harder......... its the only i can figure out which way to go too
Haha.. LOL
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6776|06-01
try booby trapping the mid level of stairs with c4.
wait at the top of the landing, see an enemy head pop up, blow c4.
repeat process till you run out, then just lob grenades.
omfg....thats fun...
you just gotta be careful when you place the c4 that the enemy doesnt rush you then.
got many kills using this tactic, best was 9 kills before they got wise and noobtubed my ass......
hmmmm..... maybe i shouldnt have mentioned this now......
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6738|The Netherlands
i didnt know about the f18's in iron gator, i m more of an army guy, but how about the apache longbows, these are recon choppers fitted with a "mushroom" on the main rotor. The "mushroom" is packed with camera's of diff kinds and sensors and shit and the mushroom is used to look over a treeline for targets while the heli hoovers behind the trees, staying out of sight.

This feature isnt available in the game so why not use the regular apache for the game? The only thing i can think of is that "apache longbow" maybe sounds cooler than just "apache". Or maybe it's another briliant piece of research by the same guy who did research for the essex.
FLaXCarnage
+1|6805|Florida
Too confusing and no point to having it....
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6735|Riva, MD
For those guys talking about the techy giant ship stuff, I think they should just make a battleship or carrier the size of the........Queen Mary II I think, because that is currently the biggest ship in the world (3x the size of the Titanic, how's that for gargantuan?), that would be awesome.  You guys make this map sound really fun, it's just a shame that i'm horribly inaccurate with the heavy machine gun, but i'll bet the people who are good with them are the deadliest ones in the server when they have MG36s.  I'm waiting till Christmas to get the expansion pack.  I spent enough money already by buying this game, buying an XBox controller from my brother, and buying a graphics card for the game.
JonskyGBR
+5|6692|England
Lazarus Tag'lim said:

the CH-53 Sea Stallion (which is the largest single-main-rotor helicoptor in the world)
Isnt the Mil Mi-26 the largest single rotor helicopter in the world ???????? (best in bold)

MIL Mi-26
Engine: 2 Ioatarev D-136 of 11400 hp each      TOTAL 22800hp
Rotor diameter: 32 m
Length: 40 m
Height: 8.15 m
Maximum Takeoff: 56000 kg

Speed: Max: 185 mph
Service Ceiling: 15092ft (4600 m) 
Range: 498 miles  (800 km)

https://www.helis.com/h/mi26.jpg

CH-53
Powerplant -  Three General Electric T64-GE-416 turboshaft engines (4,380 HP each)     TOTAL 13140hp
Rotor Diameter: 24.08 m
Length: 30.19 m
Height: 8.66 m
Empty: 15,071 kg
Maximum Takeoff: 31,640 kg
Speed: 195 mph (315 km/h)
Ceiling: 18,500 ft (5,640 m)
Range: 1,290 miles (2,076 km)

https://www.globalaircraft.org/photos/planephotos/ch-53_1.jpg

Last edited by JonskyGBR (2006-02-03 22:32:45)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6793|Noizyland

It's a pretty cool ship. What would be cooler is if the MEC team got Grappling hooks so they could scale up the sdes.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6787|Human Meat Shield
Or zipline down...hmmm....
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6812|South Cybertown, Texas
With a good transport pilot, a team can board the ship in a matter of a min. after the maps starts!

I have played this map (on the MEC side) with a great group of team players and within 5-10 min. have all but one flag!

I have come to love this map as much as I do Warlord!
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6673|Westminster, Colorado
I love playing MEC on this map because it presents a challenge to:

a) get on the ship
and
b) cap a flag before dying

Flying the transport chopper into the hangar is a good way, also parachuting onto the deck and getting below deck ASAP is a good strategy.  The US will all be AT and Support waiting on the deck or near the engine room, so getting to the mess hall or hangar bay fore is key.  Once you get on the ship the fun starts.  I take the stance that if you can keep the 4 flags under the deck as MEC and make the US come to you, you will win.  However, everyone seems to go for air on the deck and get wasted by the choppers (leading to mass ticket loss).  That is what kills peoples K ratio on this level. 

I love using MEC Medic with the AK-47.  Easy kills, heals, and lots of revives.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6580|Here.
Get ammo, here!
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6577|Hungary
KICKASS MAP !!!
One of my favourite maps in Special Forces.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard