Duramen1
+0|6750|wa,usa
ok i just played a 32 player kirkland with people playing with the new unlocks (got hit by the new granade launcher too many times)

ok I don't have SF but it was clear some of the people playing did and the weapons, true, are new but i couldn't see that they were any better, i got silver with 115 points or so, first place got 119 and everyone else was 80's or less i think.   

looks like EA kept them fairly consistent with the first unlocks.   or they could still need time to get used to the weapons.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra
i unlocked the spec ops newie and i think its awsome, hardly any recoil and red dot scope.
Duramen1
+0|6750|wa,usa
ok you suck

i love the red dot scope

don't make me have to buy that damn game
THA
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

Duramen1 wrote:

ok you suck

i love the red dot scope

don't make me have to buy that damn game
its like the g6 but with longer barrel and from the sound only 5.56 cal

but its drops'em good,

but get this..there is a support machine gun with red dot scope too!!!!!!!!!! it kicks arse

SF isnt out in Aus yet so not many people have it and no one on the server knew what i was using, i got teamkilled for it!!

Last edited by the_heart_attack (2005-11-23 02:47:24)

McCullough
+7|6837
i've just got my game, and downloading the new patch now. i have no idea what the new unlocks is like, i cant wait
Metaltop
+1|6762|The Netherlands
I've just got SF,, but I am still at work so I will have to wait how the new unlocks are.
Glad I have all the BF2 unlocks so I can check the SF ones out to.

Probably 2 more hours untill I can go home.
I don't really like the Assault unlock and the Medic unlock of BF2.
So I think these unlocks with SF will be better.

ahhh 2 more hours...
Nexa
+2|6754

the_heart_attack wrote:

i unlocked the spec ops newie and i think its awsome, hardly any recoil and red dot scope.
how do u get the unlocks then? do u have to earn a certain no. of points playing spec forces?

What are the criteria.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6843|Bryan/College Station, TX

Nexa wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

how do u get the unlocks then? do u have to earn a certain no. of points playing spec forces?

What are the criteria.
I don't know exactly what the point breaks are for Unlocks in SF. However it based upon total rank points. Hence when you play SF for the first time its entirely possible that you will have multiple unlocks suddenly. Then you of course would pick which ones you wanted.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
section9
+9|6847|USA
I got em all and it makes playing some of the kits you hated in bf2 much more enjoyable... now if they could just do something about the lag.......... 

Last edited by section9 (2005-11-23 03:56:32)

THA
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

kilroy0097 wrote:

Nexa wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

What are the criteria.
I don't know exactly what the point breaks are for Unlocks in SF. However it based upon total rank points. Hence when you play SF for the first time its entirely possible that you will have multiple unlocks suddenly. Then you of course would pick which ones you wanted.
yeh i played one round and and once went into bfhq had twounlocks waiting for me
Brow
+0|6730|Indiana
Same here...I had 3 unlocks waiting for me and didn't know what the new weapons were all about!

I did pick a few though.

For some reason, I just cannot bring myself to unlock that jackhammer or spec ops gun.

Here are the ones that I picked:

Medic G36E
[img]http://www.browdotcom.com/photobrow/albums/userpics/10001/normal_DSC01999.JPG[/img]

Support MG36
[img]http://www.browdotcom.com/photobrow/albums/userpics/10001/normal_DSC02000.JPG[/img]

Assault F2000
[img]http://www.browdotcom.com/photobrow/albums/userpics/10001/normal_DSC02007.JPG[/img]

Here is a link to the thumbnails if you guys want to enlarge and read the descriptions: http://www.browdotcom.com/photobrow/thumbnails.php?album=4
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

yes ! more Heckler & Koch please...
RKF77
+1|6750

Duramen1 wrote:

ok I don't have SF but it was clear some of the people playing did and the weapons, true, are new but i couldn't see that they were any better
They aren't any better, really...at least, they don't seem like they are. 

The SEAL and SAS SpecOps unlocks (The SCAR-H and G36K, I believe) seem no worse or better than the M4, AK-47U or the G36C. 
The SEAL Assault unlock (SCAR-L) is about equal with the G3, maybe a bit less powerful. 
The SAS unlock (the F2000) is probably the best of the bunch, because it brings a good scope, a 30-round magazine AND a grenade launcher to the party.
The MG36 for the Support class is actually worse than the PKM.
Medics may like the SF Medic unlock (G36E) more than the M-16 or AK-101, but it doesn't seem to be better than the L85A1.
The SAS Engineer gun, the MP7, is nice, but is wildly inaccurate and chews through ammo like crazy.  Short, controlled bursts at close range are the key with this gun, but seemingly low damage means that it's certainly no better than the MK3A1.

Keep in mind, these observations are simply based on what I noticed playing with the new weapons last night...there are no damage numbers or other stats involved.  YMMV.  So far, it would seem that the new weapons aren't necessarily any better, just different...and that's fine, especially seeing as how they're going to allow people to use them in BF2.

Bottom line?  If you didn't plan on buying SF, don't worry, you are not missing anything BETTER with the new weapons, just something different.

Last edited by RKF77 (2005-11-23 05:08:58)

THA
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

B.Schuss wrote:

you lucky you put the " heckler & " in that post!
B.Schuss

the_heart_attack wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

huh ? what do you mean ?

what else should I call H&K ?
THA
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

B.Schuss wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

huh ? what do you mean ?

no no, if you pronounce koch then say "yes more" before it what does the sentence sound like?
earth.citizen
+4|6738|Miami, FL
I only used the new F2000 for the Assault Kit. I didn't like it. The deviation is greater than the M16 and the grenade launcher reload seems slower than the 203.

I also used the grappling hook. You can go down any wall, you just can't necessarily go up any wall. You can't throw it very high. I also tried to ride a SpecOps zipline with no joy. I grabbed the line but kept hitting the retaining wall on top of the building and fell (same as when you hit ground/building when base-jumping).

After playing 2 rounds, I got out and went to BFHQ and got like 3 or 4 unlocks. Then I gave up on SF2 and went and played BF2. It just didn't do all that much for me.

Maybe the night maps will win me over.
B.Schuss

the_heart_attack wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

huh ? what do you mean ?

no no, if you pronounce koch then say "yes more" before it what does the sentence sound like?
yes more koch (please) ?

what's so funny about that ? now I am really confused...
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6762

They're assuming you're pronouncing Koch 'cock' or 'kocqrqrqcrqrqr' (that throaty sound). That's how the german way should be, from what little german I know.

I pronounce it coke. I have enough time getting people to understand my qrqrqr in a language I do speak, German's going too far.

ah:
As for the English pronunciation, the correct way is "coke."

Last edited by Coolbeano (2005-11-23 07:07:49)

sandaltube
+0|6780

earth.citizen wrote:

I only used the new F2000 for the Assault Kit. I didn't like it. The deviation is greater than the M16 and the grenade launcher reload seems slower than the 203.

I also used the grappling hook. You can go down any wall, you just can't necessarily go up any wall. You can't throw it very high. I also tried to ride a SpecOps zipline with no joy. I grabbed the line but kept hitting the retaining wall on top of the building and fell (same as when you hit ground/building when base-jumping).

After playing 2 rounds, I got out and went to BFHQ and got like 3 or 4 unlocks. Then I gave up on SF2 and went and played BF2. It just didn't do all that much for me.

Maybe the night maps will win me over.
This sounds like it could've been written by me.  I got 3 unlocks (I picked the SCAR-L, G36E, and DAO-12 since I didn't have it yet).  I thought the grappling hook and zip line were worthless as well and after playing SF for about and hour and a half, I went back to BF2.  I don't care for the maps in SF and as other people said, there were performance issues.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6754|The Netherlands

the_heart_attack wrote:

its like Kog with a G out of the back of your throat like if you are going to spit.
lol you english speaking people allways have problems with that.
BlackJackBob
+2|6753|Canada
this is retarded if you ask me.. so the people who don't buy SF won't be able to unlock the latest weapons?

why doesn't EA just say "if you want to play the game you already bought to the full.. buy MORE!"

well fuck that, i say. and Fuck EA.
The_49er_Kid
+0|6729
can u use the hook or zipline on the bf2 maps ?
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6762

BlackJackBob wrote:

this is retarded if you ask me.. so the people who don't buy SF won't be able to unlock the latest weapons?

why doesn't EA just say "if you want to play the game you already bought to the full.. buy MORE!"

give in.. you know you want to
BlackJackBob
+2|6753|Canada

Coolbeano wrote:

BlackJackBob wrote:

give in.. you know you want to
suprisingly.. i really don't. I've spent a lot of money and time on EA.. and if this is how they want to do business, then so be it. I'm fed up with the fact that they just don't care about known issues.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard