batman_psu
+3|6753
oh, my batteries never ran out on me either, both b/c I died enough and I wasn't wearing them for extended periods.  when they were on, though, I never really noticed the juice getting low too rapidly so they seem to last a while
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6763|Oregon, USA
ya mine has a charger, so i can just stick on there whenever, and it charges the batteries right in the mouse.
jnick
+22|6783

1_man_assaulter wrote:

jnick,  please give it a rest.  Unless you are one of EA Games designers, then you really have no idea if there is or isn't a Night Vision Badge.

Secondly, The picture shown of this "non-existent" badge in the other post where you made this same uneducated reponse, does fit one of the shaded areas for a badge in the game.     Hence, you may be wrong my freind...
Actually I do KNOW there is no badge, as I have friends who have ALL the badges (basic) in SF. Nightvision is NOT one of them. Look yourself. Isn't wierd how on the site with the badges, the Nightvision one is not only washed out but the same design as the first aid . . .?

And NO it DOESN'T fit any of the showdowed areas on the awards section. Look again.

Bottom Line - NO nightvision badge at this time.

Last edited by jnick (2005-11-23 13:08:12)

NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas

jnick wrote:

That would be correct, I'm with jnick on this.

I just ran a test server, and redirected the EA stats server IP to MY web server. I gave myself all unlocks, and all awards. The night vision badge does NOT show up, even though MY stats server said I had it.

Maybe in a future patch...
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

NM156 wrote:

jnick wrote:

That would be correct, I'm with jnick on this.

I just ran a test server, and redirected the EA stats server IP to MY web server. I gave myself all unlocks, and all awards. The night vision badge does NOT show up, even though MY stats server said I had it.

Maybe in a future patch...
Well that's above and beyond, but it's also right. There is also no "Grenadier" badge as far as I can tell. I don't even know where they got that picture from.

I'll be updating UBAR (and the site) with the new awards, maps, unlocks, and armies over the next few days.
jnick
+22|6783
Woohoo . Can't wait Chuy :p
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6779|Long Island
It Is Completely Clear!  There Are 10 Available Badges(just Count The Shadows/awards You Have For It).  You Can't Get It Just Yet!  Closed Night Vision Topic!!!
Jester.retseJ
+4|6732|Toronto, On
Good stuff. Anyone figure out how the unlocks work yet? When you receive them as you rank up? I have to revise a previous post because i believe the unlock slots are only for weapons with one exception; flashbang being the one item available to unlock as well.
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6846|United Kingdom
ooh yay annother 250 hours for the medals (when you would be seriously burnt out on those) considering that there is 6 armies over 8 maps
jnick
+22|6783
Raxor, just when you thought you almost had your complete collection! LOL

Last edited by jnick (2005-11-23 14:33:23)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

Jester.retseJ wrote:

Good stuff. Anyone figure out how the unlocks work yet? When you receive them as you rank up? I have to revise a previous post because i believe the unlock slots are only for weapons with one exception; flashbang being the one item available to unlock as well.
Haven't looked into it too thuroughly yet. But it looks like you just get *more* unlocks and you can choose from any of them. I think you may get more than one unlock at certain ranks too. Also, it is retroactive. Meaning, when I started SF for the second (ish?) time, I was presented with 4 available unlocks.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas
I don't think you can choose from any of them.

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\SupportXP1\readme.txt
UNLOCKS
- By playing on a Battlefield 2™: Special Forces map, you will gain the priviledge
  of being able to unlock some of the Battlefield 2™: Special Forces weapons for use
  in regular BF2 maps.  These unlocks are considered to be tier 2 unlocks, where as
  the original unlocks are considered to be tier 1.  You must first have unlocked
  the tier 1 weapon for a particular kit before you can access and unlock the tier 2
  weapon.  As an example, if you must unlock the G3A3 for the assault kit before you
  can unlock the F2000 for the assault kit.
There is not a new kit for Sniper, nor the Anti-Tank classes. I'm sure the new ones unlock with the rank promotions. (Haven't verified it though)
dan500
+57|6849
thanks for that Jester.retseJ, as the the night vison badge, any one had this idea?

EA F*CKED IT UP REPORTING?
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6779|Long Island
nm is right, i cant use them in sf, just bf2
will_young
+0|6732
it says to get first sergant you need all the basic COMBAT badges.... that would mean i dont have to get the EBGINEER badge right to be eliggable for first sergant insted of master sergant? becasue its not comabt.

..Oh and i have all the basic combat but not the engineer badge and in bfhq it says my next rank is MASTER sergant wen it should be FIRST sergant? or does it just say this becasue it doesnt reconize my awards or sumtin?
this site kicks ass!
Jeckelcopy
Ach du Sheisse!!!!
+2|6761

NM156 wrote:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\SupportXP1\readme.txt
UNLOCKS
- By playing on a Battlefield 2™: Special Forces map, you will gain the priviledge
  of being able to unlock some of the Battlefield 2™: Special Forces weapons for use
  in regular BF2 maps.  These unlocks are considered to be tier 2 unlocks, where as
  the original unlocks are considered to be tier 1.  You must first have unlocked
  the tier 1 weapon for a particular kit before you can access and unlock the tier 2
  weapon.  As an example, if you must unlock the G3A3 for the assault kit before you
  can unlock the F2000 for the assault kit.
AWWW! Then I'm screwed! (my game wont let me unlock anything! WAAAHH! )
Jester.retseJ
+4|6732|Toronto, On
In reply to combat badges: You just need the combat badges not the kit specific badges for healing, ammo supporting or repairing. So as long as you have all of them you'll get first sergeant.

In reply to unlocks: The sniper and AT kits don't have new weapons, only the zip-line and grappling hook respectively. All the other kits have new tier 2 weapons.

I found that you can use your tier 2 unlocks on BF2 as well. However i have been able to use some of my unlocks when playing as certain factions on SF maps. I get to use them as SAS but not when i'm playing as Spetz. I haven't had time to try other forces yet so if anyone else has noticed the same please post. I don't see why you can use your unlock playing as one army but not another? Original BF2 never made this distinction... you got an unlock you can use as US, MEC, or PLA. Maybe it's a server side setting?
will_young
+0|6732
so as long as i have all the COMBAT badges i will get it...?

thanks for your help
RedHot
+9|6731
i'm assuming the SF kit related vet and expert badges require the same time spend as each kit (15h for vet and 100 for expert) ???? or are they based totally on kills iar now?
DD-barryvs
+0|6731
That tactical badge looks strange. I can see everybdy throwing them flashbangs around just to get the medal.
Jewbat
+8|6731
Only read about 5 of the first page of posts, so excuse ignorance on certain topics.

I am a Staff Sergeant, and before SF came out I had 4 unlocks total. By your standards, I should get 4 unlocks at the start of SF, correct? Then why did I only get two? I am curious to this as I want my other two upgrades so I can get the last of two chains of unlocks.
Jester.retseJ
+4|6732|Toronto, On
In reply to Staff Sgt and unlocks: I believe the SF unlocks are awarded one every rank after the rank of Sgt so you were right to receive 2 SF unlocks.

Someone at Gny Sgt would receive 3 unlocks. I'm First Sgt and received 4 unlocks which seems to work: 4 ranks between First Sgt and Sgt.

At Master Gny Sgt or Sgt Major you would receive 5 etc.
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6842|UK
can you take your unlocks onto the standard BF2 maps ?

Cheers
Puck1337
+0|6731|Twin Cities, MN
You forgot to add all the ribbons that are new to SF.. Unfortunatly I don't have them all but I do like this one:

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~selkie/screenshots/specialforces/helo_spec.jpg[/img]

I got that on Ghost Town 32p yesterday
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6779|Long Island
This is an interesting question.....
Can I get certain awards that are in Battlefield 2 in Special Forces...EX:

The Meritorious Unit Ribbon...the requirements are IAR:26 mins in a squad and IAR: 40 Team points.  Can I get this if playing special forces?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard