OliTz
+12|6397
After reading the topic about the Christian Gamer's server, and how he complained about being kicked for using the word "Satan", I seemed to be the only one thinking to myself "To bad more servers dont take after Christian Gamers."

When you play a game, any game, BF2 or otherwise, there's no reason you should be using language unfit for the enviroment. Gamers are there to have fun, possibly even what little break they have (For those with jobs & a life), and they, you or I really dont need to read or even hear in some cases "Your mothers a whore, suck my cock you dirty jew." It can get much worse, and for anyone who's had BF2 for more than 5 minutes you know what i'm talking about.

BF2 seems to be much worse than other games. I've played call Of Duty, Counterstrike & countless other FPS games, and none even come close to the lack of self control gamers show in BF2. I mean a guy dies and all of a sudden the guy who killed him is a nigger and a faggot who's gonna die and burn in hell. If you can't show self control then dont bother playing because there are other places where you can use this sort of language and BF2 isnt one of them.

Now sure Satan isn't a bad word, but then again why use it. I mean it's obvious he was attempting to piss off the admin's, and he deserved what he got. keep the language in tune with the enviorment. I mean what satan has to do with BF2, I dont know, but maybe someone could fill me in on that one.

All in all, keep the language clean, if your going to speak/type keep it in tune with whats happening.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6579|British Columbia, Canada
And you couldn't post this in that thread why?
VicktorVauhn
+319|6409|Southern California
I agree...I like talking shit as much as the next guy, but come on.

I wonder how much these guys must fail at life to have to be such e-bullies.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2006-11-17 00:46:46)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6536|Adelaide, South Australia

OliTz wrote:

I mean what satan has to do with BF2, I dont know, but maybe someone could fill me in on that one.
Probst = Satan.

Ban racial slurs and Noob, but leave shit and fuck in there. those two are ok.

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2006-11-17 00:53:24)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6648|Finland

I see many valid points in your text. The use of vulgar, obscene, racist, discriminating language should be discouraged, however certain verbal psyching of the opponent makes sometimes for easier kills, e.g. in dogfighting. In a reoccuring aerial shootout a small: "You fly like old people fuck" might just be the thing that gives you the advantage. It's a cheap trick, but..

Seeing terms in-game like "faggot", "nigger" and the most idiotic of them all, "Noob", are irritating and bring nothing to the game; these should be banned words on all servers. Now saying "Shit" on Christian Gamers and being banned (happened to me), now that's just..

I'd probably be banned there for saying: "cockpit"

Last edited by DonFck (2006-11-17 00:54:24)

I need around tree fiddy.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6397|MN

OliTz wrote:

After reading the topic about the Christian Gamer's server, and how he complained about being kicked for using the word "Satan", I seemed to be the only one thinking to myself "To bad more servers dont take after Christian Gamers."

When you play a game, any game, BF2 or otherwise, there's no reason you should be using language unfit for the enviroment. Gamers are there to have fun, possibly even what little break they have (For those with jobs & a life), and they, you or I really dont need to read or even hear in some cases "Your mothers a whore, suck my cock you dirty jew." It can get much worse, and for anyone who's had BF2 for more than 5 minutes you know what i'm talking about.

All in all, keep the language clean, if your going to speak/type keep it in tune with whats happening.
Couldn't agree more.  I have been fortunate to play on servers that are, for the most part, very clean.  It is always annoying when someone starts name calling.  The best thing to do is find a batch of servers that have the style of people that you enjoy playing with.  Krackhouse is one of the better severs out there that I have found.  Almost always seems to be an admin on.  Good teamwork, and almost never see or hear any name calling. 

DonFck wrote:

I see many valid points in your text. The use of vulgar, obscene, racist, discriminating language should be discouraged, however certain verbal psyching of the opponent makes sometimes for easier kills, e.g. in dogfighting. In a reoccuring aerial shootout a small: "You fly like old people fuck" might just be the thing that gives you the advantage. It's a cheap trick, but..

Seeing terms in-game like "faggot", "nigger" and the most idiotic of them all, "Noob", are irritating and bring nothing to the game; these should be banned words on all servers. Now saying "Shit" on Christian Gamers and being banned (happened to me), now that's just..

Also agree.  It is fun to "tease" a bit.  Throw them off there game, but tastefully.  As far as going to a christian server...you know the rules are going to be a little more strict.  They like to keep things clean.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6727|austria
i prefer the "saracastic" version of flaming!
not everyone understands it but those who do..lamo!
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6780

I have yet to see anyone be called a "nigger" or other similar derogatory names in-game. In fact, not many BF2 players seem to chat at all. The few that do, end up getting kicked by the language filter for some reason or another.

CS:S and other Valve games on the other hand is filled with conversations and IT ALWAYS turns to hate stuff and aggressive conversations no matter what. And there's rarely language filters installed there.

Not gonna say that it wouldn't be good to keep our language clean... but I definitely disagree with BF2 being worse than other games.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6583|England

Ive very rarely come across flaming in BF2 and Ive played for over 600hours. So I dont know what servers you all play in....

I agree that racial slurs and remarks should be a kickable offense. Not just "discouraged" - but kickable on a first offense and the game should **** out the offending word. Words such as nigger, nazi, towel heads etc etc, should be a 1st time kickable offense on every server imo.
Other words, such as "cockpit", "suck" (yes, ive been kicked for saying those)....should be at the admins discretion. Personally, I think they should have a server side option to check whether a language filter is active and allow you to search for servers with/without filters so you dont just get kicked without realising a filter is even active.

But for those who say that BF2 is the worst....CS:Source is much worse, and worse than that: Soldier of Fortune 2. That is by far the worst Ive ever come across. The fact that the game developers left in console cvars allowing wallhacks and fullbright modes to be accessed online...kind of leads to the "you fucking hacking nigga" over and over and over and over.....
Sambuccashake
+126|6627|Sweden
If it offends you so much, don't read it.
BeelVanBaer
+4|6399|Germany, Stuttgart

DonFck wrote:

Lol !!! Yah, that´s a nasty one DonFck

I very seldom swear in game. Why? I don´t know the proper words to do so...
roshambo14
+7|6470
On our server if you say nigger you get kicked, and if you say it again you're banned.  Everything else is fair game.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6750|Oslo, Norway
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.

And no, I do not support your war of limiting freedom of speech you *censored*
Crazyfool_OA
+12|6780|Gloucester - UK
It's simple not use bad language, just remember these 4 steps...

Step 1: Instead of ass say buns, like “kiss my buns” or “you’re a buns hole”

Step 2: Instead of shit say poo, as in “bull poo”, “poo head” and this “poo is cold”

Step 3: With bitch drop the t because bich is latin for generosity

Step 4: Dont say fuck any more because fuck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6510|N. Ireland
agreed. just made a rant in that CGS post anyway. Frankly, it is their server and their rules - if they are offended by it, they have the right to kick you.

if someone started calling you a "noob omfg cheater hax diez *swear swear*" and you had kick rights, you'd kick them.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6640|Camp XRay

DonFck wrote:

fuck you
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6578|Southampton, UK

Marlboroman82 wrote:

DonFck wrote:

fuck you
/ban
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6763|Mexico City
I´ve been kicked for saying the word "DAMN". Is that a very bad word ?
and i have been kicked for that word in different servers, not only "christians".
Marlboroman82
+1,022|6640|Camp XRay

Knightnifer wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

DonFck wrote:

fuck you
/ban
sarcasm is not detected on the internets, don is probably one of my best friends on here.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6657|Your moms bedroom
words are just words, if you take it personally then you're the one with the problem.  you should blame your mom for coddling you when you were young

Last edited by Locoloki (2006-11-17 08:53:32)

Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6657|Your moms bedroom

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

I´ve been kicked for saying the word "DAMN". Is that a very bad word ?
and i have been kicked for that word in different servers, not only "christians".
you should have said dam, or d to the amn
DSRTurtle
+56|6703
WARNING!!!  The follow post contains vulger and obscene language in reply to the topic.   If you are offended I apologzize in advance as the words contained in the quote are by the indvidual who was banned from all servers that I am an admin on.  His hash key and IP have deliberately been altered.

The following public player was banned for his language by the language filter before any actual admin could execute a manual ban.  This was his first last and only such outburst in our servers.  The language filter we have enable on our servers will warn you for saying fuck and shit.  And after so many warnings give you a time kick. 

This type of behavoir should be unacceptable on any server and should not be tolerated by any player.

[12:24:35] ATF_ Liarliarpantsonfir -> mother fucker you do that shit again nigger i swear to god
ATF_ Liarliarpantsonfir you are being banned (reason: Banning player ATF_ Liarliarpantsonfir, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, ###.###.###.###, for using bad language -> *?1DEAD?0*MOTHER FUCKER YOU DO THAT SHIT AGAIN NIGGER I SWEAR TO GOD)
[12:24:43] ATF_ Liarliarpantsonfir -> i'll fuckin ip search you and fucking cut your dick off
Most reasonable adults understand that there will be cursing related to the nature of the game along with the use of those words in some trash talking. 

The above quote is a great example of a person who has forgotten this is a game and crossed a line they should know better than to cross.

edited for spelling and completeness of the quote.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-11-17 09:15:55)

Marlboroman82
+1,022|6640|Camp XRay

so did he come cut your dick off? be pretty impressive to do that over tcp/ip
DSRTurtle
+56|6703
I don't know who he was talking too.  We had 3 active admins in the game at the time too.
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6562|England
it would be nice to go to a server and use loads of bad Language
without the fear of being kick or baned for once

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard