BF2s Australian Server Rules
* No uncap baseraping. This means, no Arty, Bombing runs, kit weapons only!
* No cheating, you´ll get reported!
* No statspadding, you´ll get reported!
* No teamkilling for vehicles! do this and expect to be kicked for some one who wont do it.
* No swearing or foul language, this is tolerated if it is made by mistake but it is not necessary.
* No punishing for accidental tk´s!
* No vehicle blocking to cause tk´s!
If you are found breaking the rules of the BF2s AU server, you will be dealt with according to the guidelines set out by Admins.
Clarifaction on the Base Raping Rule
I'd like to clarify the "no base rape rule".
The actual wording of the rule is "Attacking uncappable flags in a vehicle is against the server rules".
That means no J-10 nailing the carrier on Wake. It also means no attack chopper nailing the carrier. There is nothing stopping a flying cow from dropping a squad onto the carrier, and for that squad to run around killing people. If the players on the carrier are unable to repel such an attack, sucks to be them.
The spirit of the rule is to give people spawning on the carrier the opportunity to actually leave the carrier. Wake is not supposed to be about shooting fish in a barrel.
There is no rule that says a J-10 can't shoot down an F-35, just because the F-35 happens to be rearming. If the F-35 pilot can't shake the J-10, sucks to be him. Aircraft can enage other aircraft anywhere.
RE Admins not kicking people who are breaking the rules, I'd like to say this: We can only be in one place at a time. For an admin to kick a player from the server, they must be satisfied that the rules have actually been broken. Lots of people complaining about rules being broken, without actual proof, is not sufficient cause to kick a player. Admins frequently change teams so that they can witness first-hand the actions of suspicious players. We need to make sure that the server is administered fairly to all. That includes being fair to those being accused.
The server does not have permanent admins. We do have lives outside of BF2. The BF2S members are very kindly giving up their time to administer the Australian BF2S server. As a player, if you believe someone else is breaking the rules, you can report this behaviour to the admins for investigation. Every match is recorded using Battlerecorder, and is therefore able to be replayed for investigative purposes. When reporting an alleged breach of rules, it is in your best interests to provide as much information as possible:
1. A screenshot (if possible) of the offending action, and of the scoreboard.
2. The date and time of the event.
3. Your in-game nickname and that of the offender. We cannot investigate "some guy was haxxing". We need specifics.
4. And, of course, the action or event that you believe merits administrative attention.
I hope this clarifies things.
^^ Creds to maxx on this.
Dont Do It!
Last edited by R3v4n (2006-11-23 21:08:11)