Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|5173|Melbourne

The Following are the Rules in place on the BF2s Australian Server:

BF2s Australian Server Rules

* No uncap baseraping.  This means, no Arty, Bombing runs, kit weapons only!
* No cheating, you´ll get reported!
* No statspadding, you´ll get reported!
* No teamkilling for vehicles!  do this and expect to be kicked for some one who wont do it.
* No swearing or foul language, this is tolerated if it is made by mistake but it is not necessary.
* No punishing for accidental tk´s!
* No vehicle blocking to cause tk´s!

If you are found breaking the rules of the BF2s AU server, you will be dealt with according to the guidelines set out by Admins.

Clarifaction on the Base Raping Rule
I'd like to clarify the "no base rape rule".

The actual wording of the rule is "Attacking uncappable flags in a vehicle is against the server rules".

That means no J-10 nailing the carrier on Wake.  It also means no attack chopper nailing the carrier.  There is nothing stopping a flying cow from dropping a squad onto the carrier, and for that squad to run around killing people.  If the players on the carrier are unable to repel such an attack, sucks to be them.

The spirit of the rule is to give people spawning on the carrier the opportunity to actually leave the carrier.  Wake is not supposed to be about shooting fish in a barrel.

There is no rule that says a J-10 can't shoot down an F-35, just because the F-35 happens to be rearming.  If the F-35 pilot can't shake the J-10, sucks to be him.  Aircraft can enage other aircraft anywhere.

RE Admins not kicking people who are breaking the rules, I'd like to say this:  We can only be in one place at a time.  For an admin to kick a player from the server, they must be satisfied that the rules have actually been broken.  Lots of people complaining about rules being broken, without actual proof, is not sufficient cause to kick a player.  Admins frequently change teams so that they can witness first-hand the actions of suspicious players.  We need to make sure that the server is administered fairly to all.  That includes being fair to those being accused.

The server does not have permanent admins.  We do have lives outside of BF2.  The BF2S members are very kindly giving up their time to administer the Australian BF2S server.  As a player, if you believe someone else is breaking the rules, you can report this behaviour to the admins for investigation.  Every match is recorded using Battlerecorder, and is therefore able to be replayed for investigative purposes.  When reporting an alleged breach of rules, it is in your best interests to provide as much information as possible:

1.  A screenshot (if possible) of the offending action, and of the scoreboard.
2.  The date and time of the event.
3.  Your in-game nickname and that of the offender.  We cannot investigate "some guy was haxxing".  We need specifics.
4.  And, of course, the action or event that you believe merits administrative attention.

I hope this clarifies things.

^^ Creds to maxx on this.

Dont Do It!

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-11-23 21:08:11)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|5217|Sydney, in 1978
OMG NO PUNISHING FOR ACCIDENTAL TK's????? WTF???
R3v4n
+433|5173|Melbourne

Mongoose wrote:

OMG NO PUNISHING FOR ACCIDENTAL TK's????? WTF???
Lol @ your sig, yes if they didn't mean to TK you then theres no need to punish we dot want people kicked by  accident!

-4 is enough!

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-11-16 23:56:43)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|5224|Internetfitlerland

R3v4n wrote:

Dont Do It!
I think we can be a little lenient on the language, just no continuous swearing to the point where we all get a bit annoyed.
BattlefieldMedic
+25|5287|Sydney City, THE city.

~Smokey~ wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

Dont Do It!
I think we can be a little lenient on the language, just no continuous swearing to the point where we all get a bit annoyed.
Agreed. I dont like being warned on GameArena for saying "No shit" in a joking fashion. And I'm in support of the accidental TK's rule.
R3v4n
+433|5173|Melbourne

~Smokey~ wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

Dont Do It!
Yeah thats what i ment

Thanks Smokey
LT.Victim
+1,175|5249|British Columbia, Canada
* No uncap baseraping.  This means, no Arty, Bombing runs, kit weapons only!
Looks like I wont be playing on this server ( Even though my Ping would be like 200)... Its war.. I hate this lame rule, and the only time its enforced is when an Admin is on, and when one isn't on, its nothing but whining, cause people will be doing it..

How many admins does the AU server have, cause this rule is going to be broken ALOT..

Hows the Baserape rule going to work.. like.. can you run people who are waiting for a jet  with a DPV on Oman..

can you take out a Jet if its taking off 5 feet off the ground... can you take out AA guns? Can you steal the enemy's stuff?

Can I kill a Jet Rearming over the Airfield/carrier or a Heli getting Repairs?

To many Rules.. All the other rules are fine and pretty much standard on all servers..
R3v4n
+433|5173|Melbourne

We did have a lot of discussion about this rule, but our main focus is enjoyment, so that means no Base raping  in the form of continued attacking the carrier over and over and over, if u take out helo's or jets rearming thats ok just don't spend all your time attacking the carrier.

Its ok to attack it just don't RAPE it. so the odd attack on the AA or on a Commander assets is ok.
LT.Victim
+1,175|5249|British Columbia, Canada

R3v4n wrote:

We did have a lot of discussion about this rule, but our main focus is enjoyment, so that means no Base raping  in the form of continued attacking the carrier over and over and over, if u take out helo's or jets rearming thats ok just don't spend all your time attacking the carrier.

Its ok to attack it just don't RAPE it. so the odd attack on the AA or on a Commander assets is ok.
So its ok to kill people on the carrier and stuff..

Like you know a Helicopters about to spawn, so you take out the 2 guys waiting for it?

Just dont Bomb, resupply, bomb, resupply, bomb resupply, or circle the base in a Attack heli kinda thing?

Like where do you draw the line?
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|5149|A W S M F O X
Cant wait to play, but the swearing rule is wrong, this is a 15+ game, everyones grown up, we should be able to swear a blue streak if we went!
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|5206|Adelaide, South Australia

you could change it to "no attacking the carrier" so we can still enter other uncaps.
R3v4n
+433|5173|Melbourne

LT.Victim wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

So its ok to kill people on the carrier and stuff..

Like you know a Helicopters about to spawn, so you take out the 2 guys waiting for it?

Just dont Bomb, resupply, bomb, resupply, bomb resupply, or circle the base in a Attack heli kinda thing?

Like where do you draw the line?
Its ok to hit them once,  just don't try to make it your main focus.  if they have a second spawn that is not a uncap rape that, just don't make it your sole goal to make it living hell for the guys on the carrier

With the ideas every one has put forward i will put more talk into the rules, and present them to our Admins.  Stay tuned for a possible update.

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-11-17 00:31:52)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|5351|NT, like Mick Dundee

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

you could change it to "no attacking the carrier" so we can still enter other uncaps.
Yes, this is what I would prefer. Getting out of an ordinary uncap is easy... The carrier is not on the other hand.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|5342|Brisbane, Australia

~Smokey~ wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

Dont Do It!
No, I am Australian, and as such, I exercise my right to swear.

Fuckshitcuntdong

Add a "No whining" rule, Im sick of the dumb fuckers that cry when they get raped

"OMFG DONT RAPE CARRIER, ILL TELL ADMIN ON U!!!!/tears"

You should be kicked for that too.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|5524|A Small Isle in the Tropics

I played on the Aussie Clan server a few weeks back, and the admin didnt do much to kick a USMC that went into the Dalian PLA uncap, stole the tank first and baseraped. Once his tank was flaming (i got in a shot with my AT), he switched to the APC and continued to baserape.

All admin did, just before that, was to warn someone that he's going to ban him for tk-ing for the jet.

So, yeah, enforcement is going to be tough where the no-baseraping rule is concerned.
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|5430|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
i can do those rules i dont do any of that stuff any way . what about spawn camping at the hotel

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9973 … 033ca8.jpg

sorry couldnt resist

Last edited by GAIKIWARRIOR (2006-11-17 02:10:09)

Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|5217|Sydney, in 1978

GAIKIWARRIOR wrote:

i can do those rules i dont do any of that stuff any way . what about spawn camping at the hotel

sorry couldnt resist
that is the sickest thing anyone's ever done to a mustang. shame on you
R3v4n
+433|5173|Melbourne

Mongoose wrote:

GAIKIWARRIOR wrote:

sorry couldnt resist
that is the sickest thing anyone's ever done to a mustang. shame on you
QFFT
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|5149|A W S M F O X
Ahhhh.....kill that horrible thing!

well, gonna try the server tommorow, look forward to it!
Maxxxie74
+25|5257|Brisbane, Australia
Hi everyone,

I'd like to clarify the "no base rape rule".

The actual wording of the rule is "Attacking uncappable flags in a vehicle is against the server rules".

That means no J-10 nailing the carrier on Wake.  It also means no attack chopper nailing the carrier.  There is nothing stopping a flying cow from dropping a squad onto the carrier, and for that squad to run around killing people.  If the players on the carrier are unable to repel such an attack, sucks to be them.

The spirit of the rule is to give people spawning on the carrier the opportunity to actually leave the carrier.  Wake is not supposed to be about shooting fish in a barrel.

There is no rule that says a J-10 can't shoot down an F-35, just because the F-35 happens to be rearming.  If the F-35 pilot can't shake the J-10, sucks to be him.  Aircraft can enage other aircraft anywhere.

RE Admins not kicking people who are breaking the rules, I'd like to say this:  We can only be in one place at a time.  For an admin to kick a player from the server, they must be satisfied that the rules have actually been broken.  Lots of people complaining about rules being broken, without actual proof, is not sufficient cause to kick a player.  Admins frequently change teams so that they can witness first-hand the actions of suspicious players.  We need to make sure that the server is administered fairly to all.  That includes being fair to those being accused.

The server does not have permanent admins.  We do have lives outside of BF2.  The BF2S members are very kindly giving up their time to administer the Australian BF2S server.  As a player, if you believe someone else is breaking the rules, you can report this behaviour to the admins for investigation.  Every match is recorded using Battlerecorder, and is therefore able to be replayed for investigative purposes.  When reporting an alleged breach of rules, it is in your best interests to provide as much information as possible:

1.  A screenshot (if possible) of the offending action, and of the scoreboard.
2.  The date and time of the event.
3.  Your in-game nickname and that of the offender.  We cannot investigate "some guy was haxxing".  We need specifics.
4.  And, of course, the action or event that you believe merits administrative attention.

I hope this clarifies things.

Max.
oberst_enzian
+234|5429|melb.au
clear and fair. perhaps edit this into the first post?
R3v4n
+433|5173|Melbourne

oberst_enzian wrote:

clear and fair. perhaps edit this into the first post?
Hell Yeah, Thanks for the Clarifactions Maxie.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|5362|Kingswood Country
Punishing for accidental tks - that's a paddlin
Vehicle blocking to cause tks - that's a paddlin
Teamkilling for vehicles - oh, you'd better believe that's a paddlin.
R3v4n
+433|5173|Melbourne

Ekfud wrote:

lol, simpsons
Maxxxie74
+25|5257|Brisbane, Australia

Ekfud wrote:

Ekfud, that's fuckin' hilarious!  Thanks for the laugh, man, there's nothing like a gamer who can quote the Simpsons

Max

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard