~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6537|Internetfitlerland

admiralspadgekoff wrote:

cheers! to you in the good old USA from downUnder....
From that comment I can assume that your from Australia. 

All of the ranked Australian servers that were running 1.4 have patched up to 1.41 (I checked) so if your getting that error, you might have a problem.  If nothing happens in a few days try a re-install.

if your not from Aus, disregard this
admiralspadgekoff
+1|6382
im from australia smokey...and thanks for your assistance.....im going to reinstall and just get it back up and running again.....
it'll just make the beer taste nicer when i'm shooting people once more

Cheers & Thanks...
admiral
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6680|S.E. United States
admiralspadgekoff wrote:
"cheers! to you in the good old USA from downUnder...."

cheers to you too admiral from the old usa,hope you get things back up and running,my suggestion was based on what I saw in the server list,never really gave it much thought to what countries were patched.I can only play a few uk servers, if my pings too high I get the almighty kick.otherwise Id be glad to hit the aussie server battlefield...have a great day and btw,I was only kidding about 1.5,but you never know...;0
Pice_of_paper
oBy| Back In Business
+28|6461
yes also available on this link
dubbs
+105|6631|Lexington, KY

Towelly wrote:

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

wtf thats the changelog for 1.4
Actually that's what I was thinking...
Let's think a little harder.  RTJ was released in 1.4, therefore the change log would mention that.  Also, IO was added, the 1.4 change log would also have this info.  That is not the 1.4 change log.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

any news on the incremental ?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

B.Schuss wrote:

any news on the incremental ?
Nope.
A issue has been found with the incremental patch and its release has been delayed, for the time been only the full patch is available.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6559
Another patch and I still get the same results. Absolutley no problems at all. Can't feel any difference in game play. Good job EA.
san4
The Mas
+311|6687|NYC, a place to live

Snake wrote:

san4 wrote:

Is it just me or does the new patch reset your video settings to some kind of default? I have my settings carefully tweaked to accommodate my weak card (6800XT) and when I started the game after the patch they were all reset. Not a huge problem but I had to exit a game, remember what my settings were, and then sit there changing about 10 settings--for no reason except the people who created the patch are idiots. It couldn't have been too difficult for the patch to save my settings and restore them.

I figured I should post this because this forum really doesn't have enough whining about patches.
Yes, it does. My graphics are all low with max draw distance, so its not hard to change back
I figured out how to save your video settings so the patch doesn't overwrite them: just make a copy of C:\Documents and Settings\$login_name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\video.con before installing the patch. After installation replace video.con with the copy you made. Settings restored. I'm giving myself karma for answering my own question.
XenoXje
+0|6566|Eindhoven
Before the patch, no server crashes.
After the patch more crashes than with 1.3!
bubba420stoned
+1|6371|San Francisco
SO the patch does or does not work? And if it does can you download it directly from EA or do you have to get it from some shady site thats gunna crash my computer?
-Bubba
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

bubba420stoned wrote:

SO the patch does or does not work? And if it does can you download it directly from EA or do you have to get it from some shady site thats gunna crash my computer?
-Bubba
It works. And if you are that bothered, get it from EA.
bubba420stoned
+1|6371|San Francisco
Alrigth thanks man.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina
Fileshack is a very reliable site.
greygoose
+0|6364

I{endo wrote:

Trixano-taa- wrote:

its on EA Downloader btw, if any of yall have it. its going almost 1mb/s
It's not on EA Link.
Phil_F
+1|6530
I see they still haven't addressed the "lack of space on C: drive" issue. It isn't rocket science to allow users to select which drive to use for temporary file storage to allow patch install. Some of us do use a two HD system with windows on one and everything else on the other.

So far I have had one crash...  but then occasional particular servers tend to crash me anyway. Otherwise it seems OK.

Last edited by Phil_F (2006-11-27 01:53:38)

vieredcap
+1|6658
after a month layoff i played again tonight with patch 1.41 and within 10 minutes i had lost connection 5 times....is there any hope out there
Gilmourish
+4|6583|Holland
And a little while later.....

Are there more people having problems with this patch?

Should I install it or go with 1.4? (which i haven't got either)
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6754
I've installed 1.41 and since then the game is unenjoyable. I've always played with 1024*768 with everything medium (AA off) and now I cant play with 800*600 everything medium even on singleplayer.Its a freakin slideshow. Anyone else have this problem? (my ping is ok, no other programs are runnin background, my fx driver is the latest...)
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6474|Belgium
wrong section buddy
LockerFish
+47|6705
Nope.
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6654

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

I've installed 1.41 and since then the game is unenjoyable. I've always played with 1024*768 with everything medium (AA off) and now I cant play with 800*600 everything medium even on singleplayer.Its a freakin slideshow. Anyone else have this problem? (my ping is ok, no other programs are runnin background, my fx driver is the latest...)
I have noticed the game is choppy sometimes even when my ping is good (60 - 80 ping).  But that happened even before 1.41 and is not on a regular basis.  Have you tried rebooting your computer and cleaning your HDD a little?  A couple programs I'd recommend would be CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com) and RegCleaner (don't remember the website, just search google).  Also check the website for your grafix card and make sure you have the latest driver updates.  Good luck.
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6654

Retalliation[1337] wrote:

wrong section buddy
Hey, at least he searched before just starting another thread...Jeez, it's seems like some people are never satisfied.
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6754
ok, thx, ill try that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard