superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6772

these are going to be quite a problem.  they fire fast, do good damage, leave hardly a vapor trail and you don't even have to aim (right click) to get a good shot off.  combine that with anti tank's grappling hook and you're going to have a difficult time as armor on SF.  Plus the RPG's are pretty good against infantry as well cause they fire so fast and so easily.  I think this will be the next fad in BF2...
Ballistix5
+36|6766|Forster NSW
Ya like C4 whoring was is in BF2 Normal

I wonder if C4 is gonna be in SF

*looks innocent*
Icleos
+101|6733
Why would they take out C4...
It's in SF.  Deadly as ever...

I agree about the RPG's...
But they look bad ass and they're also a lot of fun! ^^
The reload time is fu**in insane.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6735|St. Paul, MN
C4 and ATVs!
C4 and Jet Skis!
omg
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6754

I like the seeking ability though, it allows you to shoot through the groud and get nice curve hits.

Haven't done anything cool like that with the RPG yet.
excalibur69
+0|6837
i personally hate the RPG's. the few times i used them, i shot and realized i couldnt guide the rocket, and missed.  SRAW is much better and can be much more useful for taking out guys at a distance.  plus, i find that the RPG drops off at a distance which is really annoying
YitEarp
+1|6716

excalibur69 wrote:

i personally hate the RPG's. the few times i used them, i shot and realized i couldnt guide the rocket, and missed.  SRAW is much better and can be much more useful for taking out guys at a distance.  plus, i find that the RPG drops off at a distance which is really annoying
yes its not guided, yes its more powerful than the SRAW, yes it has no lock on tone, yes it has less of a smoke trail, yes it has a shorter reload, yes its the pimp shizzle, and yes youre a noob for not recognizing its benefits. 

just cause u cant correct for a poor initial shot doesnt make it suck, play with it some and get used to its drop and u can get used to shooting it from the hip(not zoomed in on sights) and itll be devastating.
McCullough
+7|6829
I prefer the RPG before the Eryx or the SRAW, it's alot easier to kill tanks with the RPG cud of it's fast reload time. The RPG can be usefull at infantry at medium range but in close range it's pretty useless. I thin the RPG is the best new weapon in SF. But i'm afraid people are going  to call people who are good with the RPG a RPG whore.
excalibur69
+0|6837

YitEarp wrote:

excalibur69 wrote:

yes its not guided, yes its more powerful than the SRAW, yes it has no lock on tone, yes it has less of a smoke trail, yes it has a shorter reload, yes its the pimp shizzle, and yes youre a noob for not recognizing its benefits. 

just cause u cant correct for a poor initial shot doesnt make it suck, play with it some and get used to its drop and u can get used to shooting it from the hip(not zoomed in on sights) and itll be devastating.
hey dipsh1t, its called an opinion. and hey, guess, what, we pretty much have the same amount of points. so i really wouldnt count myself as you would put it, a 'noob'
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6734

YitEarp wrote:

excalibur69 wrote:

for shizzle for rizzle, homeskillet.  like, word homie g-slice from the south side of "B" town!
Blankwindow
+1|6716
Yes the rpg7 is devestation. Personally I have hit more moving targets with the rpg than i ever did with the eyrnx/sraw.  Not to mention with the drop a vehicle is sitting just on the other side of a low wall and the wall is just hig enough to keep y ou from beind able to guide the rocket at the last second into a roof can still be hit with a rpg. Because of the drop you can basically mak the rpg fall right onto the roof of the vehicles where as with the sraw/erynx you would hit the wall or overshoot them.
oberst_enzian
+234|6734|melb.au
RPG rocks! one of the SF weapons I actaully got excited about being able to wield... so much fun to take out one of those fully loaded civvy cars with an RPG! hilarity.
YitEarp
+1|6716

excalibur69 wrote:

hey dipsh1t, its called an opinion. and hey, guess, what, we pretty much have the same amount of points. so i really wouldnt count myself as you would put it, a 'noob'
just cause you have a fair amount of points doesnt mean you arent overlooking the power of the RPG, didnt mean u were being a noob like no skill.  just dont discard the RPG so quickly is all im sayin, it tears stuff up.  not giving it a fair chance is what i was referring to as the 'noob'ness.
Blankwindow
+1|6716
Clam down guys. Both of you are right. Everyone is entitled to their own oppion. Just like i think the m36e is better than m16. others don't Rhe same applies to sraw or rpg. some will like one other wills likethe other.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6754

Right now I prefer the guided, I like all the benefits of the RPG but I need to get used to leading my target.

Plus I miss way too much so I need the guidance >.<.
And it makes for cool underground glitch shots
Adonlude
+2|6770
Used the RPG last night for first time and I really like it better than the guided rockets. The fact that you always have a cross hair lets you fire very quickly and you dont have to keep aiming at your target, just fire and forget. It is great for anti infantry but definately cannot be compared to the grenade launcher.
Blankwindow
+1|6716
NO it can't be compared to a GL for anti-personal. But in my oppion is fair better for anti-vehicle.  The fire and forget along with no tone adds so a great benefit if you know enemy infantry is close by.
RDMC_old
+0|6727|Almere, Holland

Ballistix5 wrote:

Ya like C4 whoring was is in BF2 Normal

I wonder if C4 is gonna be in SF

*looks innocent*
it SF.. special forces have C4!!! so yeah it is in Sf..
Blankwindow
+1|6716
he was being sarcastic rdmc hence the *look innocent* at the end.
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6714|Toronto, ON, CAN
I have really taken to the RPG... standing on top of the buildings and using the RPG / DAO-12 combo has improved my AT score significantly... not to mention, I hardly played it before, because what squad needs another AT person.
I just wish I was better at the Support gun... my team could use the extra ammo.

Also noted that the F2000 is a big hit... usually on my spine as I am running away
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6738|The United Center
i love the rpg.  sure, you cant steer it...but once you get good at guessing where someone is going, that thing is deadlier than an eryx or sraw.  no lock on tone, very little smoke trail...theyre damn near untracable.  im almost at the point where if im in a tank and i get hit by one, ill jump out because youre practically a sitting duck in the tank.

<3 RPG love <3

i was playing surge as rebels today...had the RPG...was a happy camper...i got auto'd to spetsnaz...i was disappointed when i saw i had the stupid sraw/eryx.
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6811
RPG SHOULD BE THE ANTI TANK UNLOCK!!

But anyway, I agree with most you guys, the fire and forget devestating power of it is great, but occasionally I miss the guidance ability of the SRAW. Honestly, I think the SRAW should have a crosshair of somesort. Often I find myself right clicking to get a crosshair, then right clicking again to get back to normal fire mode, then fire and forget(run).
RDMC_old
+0|6727|Almere, Holland

Blankwindow wrote:

he was being sarcastic rdmc hence the *look innocent* at the end.
ok sorry then.. never mind my post
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6729
Even though I have had BF2: SF for the past week, I JUST played it for the first time online last night.  Some observations about the RPG vs the Eyrnx/SRAW.  The difference of these two weapons boils down to combat settings and conditions.

The biggest benefit of the RPG is the speed of the rocket which is probably close to 40% faster than the Eyrnx/SRAW.  The urban settings of the maps makes the effective range of the weapon to be about just over a city block.  This is HUUUUGE because it makes the AT kit a threat to armor from anywhere on the map without having to expose themselves to incoming fire for more than .3 secs.  I would pop up...fire, drop down, and score a hit 90% of the time.  As a Hit and Run weapon, it is supreme as well.  I was more willing to fire off a missile down the street and keep running because I became very confident that I would score a hit.  The reload time means that I can fire off 3 RPGs in the time it takes for 2 Eyrnx/SRAWs.  Finally, the crosshairs on the main menu makes the RPG VERY effective at snap-shotting infantry.

With all this praise for the RGP, what are the weaknesses?  Well...the biggest is that at medium and long ranges, it is not as effective, even with the fast speed of the missile.  The Eyrnx/SRAW is obviously the best choice against ARMOR at medium to long distances.  It would also be the best option on open field maps where armor has more room to maneuver.  The biggest frustration with the Eyrnx/SRAW is that the guidance mechanism in the game is wacked.  The crosshairs seem "steer" the missile like a remote controlled car to a target instead of "painting" the target to tell the missile where to HIT.  That is the main reason why it is so damn hard to hit the Helo with the guide missiles...because the projectile will ALWAYS lag behind the action.  The beauty of the RPG is that the speed of the missile takes most of that out of the equation at short to medium distances because the projectile will be at the target in less than a second.  I have not had the opportunity to try to down a Helo with the RPG, but I would figure that it would be a better choice for that task as well...again, due to the speed of the missile to the target.

I don't know about the damage of the weapon compared to the Eyrnx/SRAW, but they seemed about equal.  If I had the option would actually tone down the RGP in destructive power if that ends up being the case.

- Beatdown
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6771|Great Brown North
i love the rpg, i love it so very very much. the fast fire rate, the damage, its just beautiful. i dont mind the drop in it, i practised for awhile in single and now im pretty good with it at medium ranges:)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard