BVC
+325|6714
Posted here instead of Junk Drawer due to its relevence to current events.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 1727623684

What do you think?  Did the carrier detect it or not?  Is it even real footage?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6691|Colorado
It doesn't matter until they actually do something other than having proxy wars.
They are just a bunch of punks trying to play in the grown up world.
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6484|Melbourne - Home of Football
Interesting. UAV's by their design are small and made out of materials, at least in the American made UAV's case, that is designed to make them almost invisible to radar ie. give them the radar cross section of a small bird so they're indistinguishable.

Though the footage itself looks real enough, there is no way of telling whether it was actually taken by an Iranian UAV, whether it was taken by the Americans during exercises, then pirated onto the internet, and then used by the Iranians as propaganda. The launch of the aircraft is highly inconclusive, so apart from calling it as genuine footage of a carrier, it's hard to say what the source is.
HM1{N}
+86|6663|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA
It's fake, a drone doesn't stutter like that.  It looks like a handheld video camera in a chopper.  A drone doesn't hover and the camera quality is crap.
Phrozenbot
+632|6634|do not disturb

HM1{N} wrote:

It's fake, a drone doesn't stutter like that.  It looks like a handheld video camera in a chopper.  A drone doesn't hover and the camera quality is crap.
It isn't hovering.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6672|USA
i dont think it is. Regardless of radar 'ping', i am of the firm belief that 7 US aircraft would not be able to gun i down. Also, when it pans out the farthest, there are no ships visible nearby. I was under the distince impression that carriers never traveled alone, and that some of the closest ships should have been visible.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580

HM1{N} wrote:

It's fake, a drone doesn't stutter like that................A drone doesn't hover and the camera quality is crap.
American drones don't.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580

Bubbalo wrote:

HM1{N} wrote:

It's fake, a drone doesn't stutter like that................A drone doesn't hover and the camera quality is crap.
American drones don't.
Not that I necessarily think it's real.  But then, I don't think anywhere here is qualified to answer that.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6568|Southeastern USA
I call bullshit for 2 reasons:
A) the carrier has radar capable of picking out incoming missiles with very small radar signatures (this is what the miniguns on the essex are actually for)
B) most importantly, the first few minute show the carrier deck full of planes and stagnant (can't remember offhand what this is called), this happens only when entering and leaving friendly ports, no carrier cruising the persian gulf would ever step down from battle ready status, their decks are pumping non-stop.

and if that's the best they got for image quality we got nothing to worry about, what'd they do staple a home video camera to a pigeon?

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-11-16 06:22:27)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6479|UK
Why didn't they use the essex guns to mow it down meoooowwwww!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6735

wah1188 wrote:

Why didn't they use the essex guns to mow it down meoooowwwww!
Probably because it's a waste of ammo that might hit civi....oh I get it
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6413|The Gem Saloon
its not real. is anyone familiar with the aegis radar/AA system. the baddest ass radar on the planet....the radar is so strong that if they fix the radar into a beam instead of a wide area its strong enough to zap all the electronics in whatever it is aiming at. and thats not even shooting any missles.

edit: and ya, if thats the best they got for video quality then they are really set back....by 85 we could count the rivets on soviet tanks that came off the assmbly line with our sattelites......

Last edited by Parker (2006-11-16 07:20:31)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6567|San Diego, CA, USA
Boy, our Aircraft Carrier looks good.  All that, what 75 aircraft?

[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-324294841727623684[/google]

Last edited by Harmor (2006-11-16 07:18:59)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
it's too blurry, i can't see what config/CVN it is, especially with all my vid being compressed at work, it does look like a rather small one, though the sub hunter on the starboard catapult is kinda big, to be fair harmor they keep alot of them below deck
ghettoperson
+1,943|6668

Hmmm, even if they did manage to film them, I wouldn't worry too much. I could have drawn you a better picture of what happened.
[KS]RECON
+35|6581|E 2/351 Camp Anaconda
Man this video is soooo fake! I got headache just from watching this shaking footage ... With this video quality what are they exactly spying? To me this looks like some high school video project not a spying 007 thing

Last edited by [KS]RECON (2006-11-16 07:31:34)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

I'd be more concerned about chinese subs than the fucking seagull with a sony handicam strapped to it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6668

[KS]RECON wrote:

Man this video is soooo fake! I got headache just from watching this shaking footage ... With this video quality what are they exactly spying? To me this looks like some high school video project not a spying 007 thing
You're an expert on Iranian UAV are you?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

well this guy claims we were unable to hit the drone..

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Pice_of_paper
oBy| Back In Business
+28|6481
horrible quality...  was too lazy to look at it all
[KS]RECON
+35|6581|E 2/351 Camp Anaconda

ghettoperson wrote:

[KS]RECON wrote:

You're an expert on Iranian UAV are you?
Yes indeed ... I got the expert Iranian UAV badge, and you?
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Kmarion wrote:

well this guy claims we were unable to hit the drone..

ok, if that was the ronald reagan, the largest nuke ever launched, how far away were they taking the pics from? 15 miles? I love how he says " the captain ordered the deck cleared", relying on people's lack of knowledge of navy tactics, carriers underway are launching and landing planes non-stop. they have a brief break period at dawn to inspect the deck, but then the planes are either below deck or in holding patterns. apparently the drone (which if that one at the beginning of the footage on the news show was it, there is no doubt we could have picked it up) had such a good microphone he could hear the commander give orders.
lame
fake
staged
whatever, it's just sad there are going to be people that can't see through it
herrr_smity
+156|6647|space command ur anus
i think its interesting how Americans in this forum thinks that they have the best technology in the world and that they are sooooooo much more advanced then the rest of the world
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6479|UK
So what if they got a crappy sony handycam strapped to a seagull. Not like it had guns and missles and actually posed a serious threat. Intelligence is only deadly when its act upon.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6652|USA

herrr_smity wrote:

i think its interesting how Americans in this forum thinks that they have the best technology in the world and that they are sooooooo much more advanced then the rest of the world
other than A. brits, Israelis Chinese and Germans. WE ARE

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard