GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6761

So umm, yea, I did a search on this and i didn't see any threads talking about how you can now pickup your deployed claymores by using the G key. I gave it a shot for some reason today and was happily surprised. Now I move into a flag, drop clays, cap the flag, pickup my clays and repeat indefinitely. Not sure what else it works for, but I'm sure there's other items.

Last edited by GotMex? (2006-11-15 22:50:05)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada
Pretty much everything you deploy can be picked up using the "G" Key..

Its been discussed in other threads.. just never a thread on its own..

You can pick up like..

APM mines, RDX, Mines, Spawn Beacons, and some other stuff...
millhous
+39|6636|OREEGONE, USA
You can also avoid setting off enemy claymores by going prone and crawling past them
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6715|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
1.  Anything was deployed by a friendly you can pick up as long as you have a slot for it in your kit, thought some might get mad when you start using their mines to replenish your supplies.
2.  The only thing that doesn't seem to follow this rule is the sentry guns.  Doesn't really matter though since a support guy can replenish his supply anyways.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada

mcgid1 wrote:

The only thing that doesn't seem to follow this rule is the sentry guns.  Doesn't really matter though since a support guy can replenish his supply anyways.
You can pick up a Sentry gun, you just cant have one already.

So run out of Ammo for a Sentry gun, and then you can pick one up...

Dunno if you can pick up friendlys though.
GotMex?
+193|6761

Sweet, I'm gonna go around stealing turrets now . And it looks like lots of people know about this, I just thought I'd make a topic about it since I didn't know and thought it might be nice if people saw it spelled out.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6732|Oslo, Norway
kthxbi
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6592|Lexington, Kentucky
Shame EA can't get off it's collective arse and put this in BF2.
Magius5.0
+106|6380|UMass Amherst
Damn man, you can pick up your unused items/explosives?  I so did NOT know that...wow gg me.  No more wasting my RDX or claymores on a point they're unlikely to get to, let alone cap.  Or deploying mines of any kind.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6533|Edmonton Alberta
yeah you can also disable friendly mines with the ae defuser

so you notice theres a bunch of friendly motion mines around a flag or silo and you want to put your motion mines there and you want the kills...well use the ae defuser friendly mines are gone so any tank that rolls by you get the kills from it and not the other person
007Bolox
+4|6513|Perth, Aus
so if you pick up a teammates claymore or motion mine and get a kill with it, do you get points or do they?

you could have a 'spare' player sitting somewhere to give you anyhting you want

engineer with RDX? hell yeah
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6525|Singapore
can you pick up other people's stuff like SLSB, RDX etc...?
GotMex?
+193|6761

You know what would rule... if you could run up to an enemy turret and just snatch it. I would so do that all round, it would piss off everyone. Too bad you can't... feature request?
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6644|Malibu

GotMex? wrote:

You know what would rule... if you could run up to an enemy turret and just snatch it. I would so do that all round, it would piss off everyone. Too bad you can't... feature request?
No.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6525|Singapore

GotMex? wrote:

we should be able to hold a deployed sentry turret like a sort LMG
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6644|Malibu

jkohlc wrote:

GotMex? wrote:

I approve that.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6525|Singapore

StormEye wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

GotMex? wrote:

I approve that.
or even dancing around holding the sentry...
MECtallica
+73|6503|jalalabad
tape the sentry turret to the ganz, it'll actually be useful then.
GotMex?
+193|6761

jkohlc wrote:

StormEye wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

I approve that.
or even dancing around holding the sentry...
Lols, and we could run around spinning as fast as possible creating a 360 degree shower of bullets.
AoWs-Avantek
+3|6410|New York
You can pick up sombody elses Clymore and put them back on the ground and get the kill for it. Hehe people get pissed when I do that.
Doktorbob
+26|6487
Yeah, we all like it when we can use the G key.  But when someone else uses it on our deployed crap we dont like it!
Stags
+26|6655
You can only pick up stuff like RDX if you are recon and have RDX in your slot.

I find using the G key to be very useful.  Allows me to change the defensive positioning on my toys as the battle changes. 
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6694|UK
https://hypeiv.flatsoda.com/images/captain.jpg
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6684|Espoo, Finland
I didn't know that you could pick them up. Never thought about it since it isn't possible in BF2.
Thanks for posting!
Thanks for making an useless post!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467

millhous wrote:

You can also avoid setting off enemy claymores by going prone and crawling past them
did that last week and one gheywhore was saying I had h4xz!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard