JR_Mud_
+3|6450
I've played Jalalabad for appx 6hrs off and on. Then one day I tryed to load that map and I was kicked to the multiplayer screen with the error that "the server only allows unmodifyed maps(or whatever) please revert back to the original version and try again".... something to that effect... now I have NEVER modifyed any of my BF2 stuff. I reinstalled he 1.4 patch... didn't work... I REinstalled the WHOLE damned thing.... didn't work...

Does anyone have ANY idea why ONLY jalalabad says I have a f*cked version? I have a clan scrim on Sun and that is one of the maps! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance!
-JR_Mud
JohnTx12
Stand still I need to shoot you
+44|6525|Plano,Texas
Are you sher you have never modified it? It sounds like that you went into the game files and hit something or something like that. If all els fails then ask EA.
JR_Mud_
+3|6450
I'm very sure I've never touched anything. the only thing missing tha I messed with was the intro video's that I moved, but Jalalabad worked after I did that. So.....

1) how do I ask EA?
and
2) is there a way I can just DL the Jalalabad map that it thinks is edited? will that work?

Thanks again!
wachtler83
+22|6594|Columbus,Ohio
do you have poe2 or any other mods for bf2
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6509|Houston, TX
You can't move the intro vids.  You can modify the file type, but I believe that they have to be in the same folder with the same file name.
JR_Mud_
+3|6450
I have SF. just for the weapons..... but again.. Jalalabad worked after I installed that. Nothing that I can think of changed to when it stoped working.... it worked on day, then the next it was broken....
Brasso
+1,549|6638

1) Realize you are addicted to crappy medic-whoring MEC maps.
2) Play Wake for a change.

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
JR_Mud_
+3|6450
for the vids, I moved thoes when I first installed BF2 and SF.... they have been working for MONTHS with out it.... I know that is not the problem, because I can play EVERY map, just not jalalabad!
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6706

When you load the map scream "JALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALABAD". It's how you have to load the map. If that doesn't work say "DEAR LORD JUBLY OF ROAD TO JUBLYBAD, LOAD FOR ME!" That doesn't work, and you've tried this...You're retarded.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-11-15 17:25:19)

=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6509|Houston, TX
1) uninstall
2) reinstall
3) enjoy
JR_Mud_
+3|6450
Haffy,  if you see my stats, Wake is my #1 played map.
2) I only need Jalalabad for a clan scrim this weekend. otherwise I wouldn't care!
JR_Mud_
+3|6450
arush - did that, I reinstalled 1.4, didn't work, then I reinstalled the WHOLE thing and still no love.
[AZEG]PhxBravo
Moved to "Phxbravo" account
+10|6458|phoenix, az

JR_Mud_ wrote:

I've played Jalalabad for appx 6hrs off and on. Then one day I tryed to load that map and I was kicked to the multiplayer screen with the error that "the server only allows unmodifyed maps(or whatever) please revert back to the original version and try again".... something to that effect... now I have NEVER modifyed any of my BF2 stuff. I reinstalled he 1.4 patch... didn't work... I REinstalled the WHOLE damned thing.... didn't work...

Does anyone have ANY idea why ONLY jalalabad says I have a f*cked version? I have a clan scrim on Sun and that is one of the maps! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance!
-JR_Mud
REPATCH
jimbo21
+11|6660
full client patch
JR_Mud_
+3|6450
jimbo, thats what I used, not the incrimental one.
JohnTx12
Stand still I need to shoot you
+44|6525|Plano,Texas
Reinstall the game then 1.4. Try one more time I did it 3 times befor it worked and when you delete it take out ALL the files go in where you installed it and see if its there. If there are any files there get rid of them. Then reinstall.
JR_Mud_
+3|6450
So I have to do a COMPLETE uninstall&delete&wash cycle. then clean reinstall.......will try... I'll let ya'll know.

thanks for the advice!
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6814|The planet Tophet
i have had this happen all i did was reinstlal patch and it worked idk why it wont for you

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard