HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5980|Washington DC
I figured it was either yards or meters D:
RAVENMkXV
+9|6235|Florida
hey i work i've been working out for about 8 months, first
time ever in my life, im 17 5' 10'' and 155lbs.
bench- max 135
squat- max 185
leg press- max 345
i just started but yeah, i want to know if anyone has tried something called
High Intensity Training (HIT)- if anyone does can you tell me how effective it is
in short its basically doing 1 set of 10 with a high amount of weight, failing on the 10th rep
BlackKoala
+215|6344

RAVENMkXV wrote:

hey i work i've been working out for about 8 months, first
time ever in my life, im 17 5' 10'' and 155lbs.
bench- max 135
squat- max 185
leg press- max 345
i just started but yeah, i want to know if anyone has tried something called
High Intensity Training (HIT)- if anyone does can you tell me how effective it is
in short its basically doing 1 set of 10 with a high amount of weight, failing on the 10th rep
I do HiiT cardio, but not for lifting.  Studies have shown that going to near-failure rather than failure is actually better for your body, so there's really no reason to go to failure, other than if you get a weird pump from it...
bennisboy
+829|6665|Poundland

BlackKoala wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Lol, well it may not be called "toned" but it boils down to the same thing, it improves mucle endurance, so I think you proved yourself wrong. Many repititions will remove fat but also improve cardiovascular endurance. I should know, I used to train multiple times each week for 400m running
i went to quote the other post, didnt see you posted again.  but yeah, endurance is an entirely different thing than toning.  i thought you were one of the weird fucks that thought lifting the cute pink dumbbells for 100 reps was beneficial...lol
Lol, nope I'm not that stupid. I usually do press ups to improve arm tone n thatm (bout 4 sets of 30) and some tricep dips (4 sets of 25). Go to the gym to do larger weights to build muscle mass
chittydog
less busy
+586|6854|Kubra, Damn it!

HurricaИe wrote:

wtf is a 40
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/af/OE_800.JPG/300px-OE_800.JPG
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6216|Winland

Bench: N/A
Squat: N/A
Clean: N/A
Curl: N/A
40 time. N/A
mile time. N/A
N/A
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

My bench max used to be 315lbsx3 @ 185 5'10. I screwed my shoulder up doing military presses. I have no idea now. I don't lift heavy any more .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6272|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
I got a bench in me back garden. Fucked if I'm lifting it.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6854|Kubra, Damn it!

Kmarion wrote:

My bench max used to be 315lbsx3 @ 185 5'10. I screwed my shoulder up doing military presses. I have no idea now. I don't lift heavy any more .
Seated military presses are really bad for your shoulders. I messed mine up that way. I've switched to standing dumbell presses and medicine ball throws.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5975|Minnesota
i'm far too awesome to lift and stuff but i play lacrosse, soccer and wrestling (except you don't play wrestling you live it)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

chittydog wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Seated military presses are really bad for your shoulders. I messed mine up that way. I've switched to standing dumbell presses and medicine ball throws.
Yep.. never do behind your head neither. . I do fly's and dumbell presses now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6603|Finland
Bench: 110kg
Squat: 180kg
Clean: 100kg
40 time. N/A
mile time. N/A
km time: 4 min

I play Ice-Hockey and I am 15.
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6783
Bench: 205 lbs.
Squat: Screwed up my back but leg press is  360 lbs. now. Sucks when I was squating about 450 two years ago.
Clean: N/A
40 time. N/A
3 mile time: 19:06 (thats roughly a 5 kilometer run)
Pullups (full dead hang): 19

So not quite a 300 PFT but getting closer.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6541
bench: max at 220 (i can do like 5 reps)
squat: havent done that since 8th grade so not sure
clean: no idea
curl: 1 arm - 40 lbs (no more than 10 times)
40 time: no idea but im faster than all my friends
mile time: havent done that since middle school either, but prob around 6:30 (cigs ftl)
pullups - no more than 8 at a time but i usually do like 25-30 a day (wrists facing in not out)
pushups - all day son
situps - no need, im already 6 packin and i can eat like a horse

i've only recently started working out again.
i'm 5 10 and weigh like 135 lbs lol.
it's crazy how fast i can notice a difference in the size of my arms after only working out for like a month. guess being a scrawny ass little kid paid off

Last edited by ig (2008-02-18 14:57:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard