Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6717
Would you consider repairing the titan guns sorta padding? I feel like they are such easy points. One repair on the titan guns = 2 points. I got the basic repair badge (8 repairs IAR) in like 3 mins by repairing the titan guns. So what are your opinions? I think maybe they should be worth only 1 point per repair.
zomg-Muffy
+3|6418

Superior Mind wrote:

Would you consider repairing the titan guns sorta padding? I feel like they are such easy points. One repair on the titan guns = 2 points. I got the basic repair badge (8 repairs IAR) in like 3 mins by repairing the titan guns. So what are your opinions? I think maybe they should be worth only 1 point per repair.
I think repairs being two points is awesome.

If you remember from BF2, being an engi was mainly a selfish thing to do.  Nobody actually did it to repair OTHER vehicles.

Why?
Not enough points.

It took forever to repair, and you barely got any points.

Kudos to 2142
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6717
ok i guess your right, since it does take a long time to get that repair point.
Zefar
+116|6673|Sweden
Nah it's fine with the repair kit. Because I really don't wanna be spending hours on trying to find a server where they blow up the turrets right away just so that I can repair them.
Plus getting those repair points normally is a pain.
Buzerk1
+44|6860
I don't consider repairing Titan guns padding.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-11-14 11:16:04)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6573|UK

I think it was done in direct responce to the crying that went on about bf2's repair point issue's.  I my self really like the engi kit in this game and would really rather they left it be, you cant please everyone, but I think the majority would agree it's fine atm.

Martyn
CackNBallz
+45|6767|Toronto, Canada
You should never consider it stat padding if you're repairing it and using it to take down the mofo destroying the guns or repairing it while someone else is using it.  You may be considered stat padding if all you're doing is repairing the guns just for the sake of repairing it.  Is there a max amount of repair points you can earn?  Such as, are you only given credit for the first 8 titan guns you destroyed.  Does the same apply for the first 8 or so repair points?

Yes I love how they amalgamated the engineer class with the anti-tank class, both weren't really utilized in BF2.  It's too bad the the engineer doesn't have an unlock for the pimp cane like the support class does. That would have been my first tech tree unlocking spree!

Once I get more unlocks I'll start using the recon and support kits more often.
JohnnySupreme
+23|6519
The engineer has 1 major flaw when compared to the support guy or the medic.  The engineer has to be standing next to and facing the object he is repairing.  This can leave you very open to fire.  The others can just lob boxes on the floor, run away and still earn points.  This is why the engineer should get 2 points for a repair and be able to get them quicker in some way.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6566|Sammamish, WA

Superior Mind wrote:

Naw I'd disagree with you on this one. For one thing, fully repairing those guns takes awhile. Also, only one of those points is the actual repair point, each of which take a long time to get. Also, if folks are going to blow up the guns why shouldn't you keep them repaired? It makes sense. Additionally, I don't see repairing titan guns as any different from repairing commander assets.

So here's my question: If you have the advanced repair thingie and you're sitting in a titan gun, do you automatically repair all the other titan gun consoles around you? THAT would be cool...
dodge_this(fr)
Raving Rabbit
+26|6713|The Hague, Netherlands
repairing titan gun isn't like padding because somone has to sit on the titan guns for you to get repair points ....
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6412|New York
i dont think there needs to be anyone there for you to get the points. i don't recall having to wait for someone to sit down to get the points.

and with how difficult it is to find something that needs repairs, before it gets blowededed up, it's good they let the guns get repaired.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6680|UK

JohnnySupreme wrote:

The engineer has 1 major flaw when compared to the support guy or the medic.  The engineer has to be standing next to and facing the object he is repairing.  This can leave you very open to fire.  The others can just lob boxes on the floor, run away and still earn points.  This is why the engineer should get 2 points for a repair and be able to get them quicker in some way.
thats a good point well made,,, i have been playing 2142 since dot, and i am slowly getting to know witch kit i like, and it just so happens to be the greesemonkey!! for one you can lay mines to defend way points like bridges, thus way defending more than one flag, you can tank whore and assuming you have the unlock you can rapid repair others around you, and the ground to air missile is great for taking down those damn halos, so no i dont think that padding is repairing in ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM.....
Mudguts
+1|6516
Yeah, unless you have a friend on the other team continually destroying them while you repair... thats crap. Otherwise, if they're being attacked then let them be repaired!  Anyway I cant imagine anyone spending round after round just repairing the guns.. thats just way too boring.
Doktorbob
+26|6512

Superior Mind wrote:

HELL NO it aint stat padding!  Damn Boy!  Those titan guns come in handy when we are trying to defend the titan from invaders from the air AND the bullshit coming from the ground.  Damn, almost everyone is so freakin worried that someone is going to get more points than them!  Repairing shit takes so much time.  Engy deserves to be rewarded while his ass is hanging out in the fray with bullets flying.  I just wish the Engy could repair the titan itself!

Play the game the way you want and let others make their own decisions!  Stop worrying about potential "padders" and get points the way you want to!

Once again the damn burger flippers from McDonalds are too worried about their stats rather than getting my combo order straight!  I wanted the DIET COKE you freak NOT the SPRITE!

Whew! I feel better now!

Last edited by Doktorbob (2006-11-14 14:33:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard