ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6530

Hurricane wrote:

BF2 without 16 man maps is not BF2
fixed
Jolz
+1|6589
Ok I started bf2 as a pub-nub ,and was proud of my skillz(thought I had them anyway.) Then I started to look at what bf2 is really about and how the game plays out in public servers. Like no revives, no repairs, no squads. To me that got old quickly. So I started looking at how I could make the game more fun for me. The number #1 thing that made it fun for me was playing with a group of friends with a common goal and this is a big one "WINNING".  To me thats what a squad based shooter with a conquest style mode is all about. Having 7-11 other ppl you have practiced with and trust to do their part to help the group reach their goal. There are 2 places in North America where this is done that I know of CAL and TWL. I started in TWL and quickly realized if you think you are a good player and you "REALLY" (cuz most braggers dont) want to prove yourself get on a CAL team and prove yourself on a stage where u can win praise from other skilled players on a level playing field{The one that has been provided by Ginc in BFPro.} <3Caveman and all of Bianry.
If you think you are good at any1 position ask a CAL team to give you a try-out. It takes alot of practice and dedication to get to the top ask any of the top teams. Some of which have earned travel cash and great PCs because of their dedication.  In conclusion it is in my humble opinion that any player that likes this game and has any drive to see it played in the manner it was supposed to {with a true team not random interweb ppls} will at least give it try in a league format.
steveloven
+17|6680
http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/forum … orumid=323

Just wish to bump this thread and invite all to compete over at TWL. Just replace Cal with TWL and this thread works again.
aimless
+166|6133|Texas
Ooo yes. Our team, 4046, is looking for a few more people to add to our roster for the 5v5 inf ladder. So we can actually try and compete
HaawwK
+31|5993|Bolton
any good american teams lookin for a team carrier xfire me
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6655
People still compete at BF2?
bobroonie.bda
+143|6690
It's all just perferance.

I for one dislike bf2 pro. For me bf2 vanilla has very accurate weapons, you just need to learn how to use them. The reg needs to be worked on, you konw "dust". But to make them "more accurate" tells me that you need help because you cannot aim with standard weapons. IMO the guns should not be that accurate when shooting from the hip. If you want to be accurate look down the sites. IMO if you only use the cross hairs and complain about inaccuracy, you have not utilized the iron sites. Nothing needs to be changed about the weapons. Every gun should be a bit different to shoot. Every gun should not be a sniper rifle.

I've played league play, and I perfer pubs for fun. So I practice with my clan, and they learn from me, I learn from them. But I dislike league play. I dont want to wait for player X to show up. I dont want to sit around for 10 minutes while we or they get our or there shit together for a game to start.

Just because you play in a league it does not mean your better then people that dont, and visa versa. Pubs are easy because you choose to play on easy pub servers. Not everyone that is dahax plays in non ranked. There are plenty of pub servers that are about 3/4 full of league / cal players. And those are some tuff servers to play on.

You will get bs complaints from league players and pub players.

your either a "hack" or you suck at (insert reason here). So what, its the enternets. kill people and have fun. its a game.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2008-02-26 18:03:39)

sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6704|minnesota

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

People still compete at BF2?
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6661|pimelteror.de
sure. there are still many many players in leagues, playing bf2. only because you don´t do it anymore, doesn´t mean, that bf2 is dead.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6655
Never said it was. I still pub all the time for fun. But CAL and all the talented BF2 teams have moved on. Almost entirely due to the shitty hit lag/detection.
steveloven
+17|6680

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Never said it was. I still pub all the time for fun. But CAL and all the talented BF2 teams have moved on. Almost entirely due to the shitty hit lag/detection.
Theres alot of talented players returning to TWL to compete for fun. After you compete and scrim for so long playing in a match is 2nd nature.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6603|Toronto-Canada
well next level + HOT+ NEXUS = created a team for season 8, that means some old pro player still find fun out of bf2
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6504|UK , Birmingham

lxcpikiman wrote:

well next level + HOT+ NEXUS = created a team for season 8, that means some old pro player still find fun out of bf2
o rly
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6379|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

lxcpikiman wrote:

Glad to see people are taking interest still. I still can't understand why this game has become less popular. It is simply the best FPS out there, no linear maps like CSS. BF2 will always be the game I play, EA should never have brought out 2142, hardly anyone plays that now, it dragged BF2 players away.

Anyway....time goes on
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6294|eng
I'm in one of the TWL teams, =B2Z=, and it seems to me that ~)Black Hearts(~ pretty much dominate the whole thing. That could change if other teams, like good old players, came back for one last season. I dunno?
#rekt
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6504|UK , Birmingham
lol the skill of TWL is so SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad
HaawwK
+31|5993|Bolton

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

soo true blackhearts couldnt dominate a pub server...
steveloven
+17|6680
the Black Hawks are 26-26. I think they only dominate having alot of matches.

Last edited by steveloven (2008-02-27 13:38:17)

3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6311|The | Netherlands

HaawwK wrote:

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

soo true blackhearts couldnt dominate a pub server...
lolz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard