Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6566|San Diego, CA, USA
Will Israel pull the United States into a war with Iran?  If Iran and Israel fought, would the United States join?  Or support the war? 

Would other countries join like Syria or Hezbolla in Lebanon? 

Would this be World War 3?

TEHRAN, Iran —  Iran's Foreign Ministry said Sunday that his country's Revolutionary Guards would strongly and immediately respond to any Israeli attack as hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad harshly criticized the U.N. Security Council over its efforts to impose sanctions because of Tehran's controversial nuclear program.

"If the Zionist regime commits such stupidity, the response by the Iranian military will be swift, strong and crushing," Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammed Ali Hosseini said. "Iran will take no longer than a second to respond."

Israeli officials have commented recently that the country's military would consider bombing Iranian nuclear facilities to thwart what it has described as an Iranian nuclear weapons program. Iran says its plans aim to generate electricity.

Israel bombed Iraq's Osirak nuclear reactor in 1981 to destroy former President Saddam Hussein's nuclear weapons program. While Israel neither acknowledges nor denies possessing nuclear arms, it is thought to have about 100-200 nuclear warheads, according to a 2006 by the Center for Nonproliferation Studies at the Monterey Institute of International Studies.

Source: Iran: We Will Retaliate Swiftly to Any Israeli Attack

Last edited by Harmor (2006-11-12 13:24:32)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6781|d
US wouldn't need to get involved from a military point of view. However it would help isreal if US was involved from a public opinion point of view. The whole shoulder to shoulder crap.

Either way, any new wars started by isreal or us, will lead to many consequences, even WW3.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6566|San Diego, CA, USA
We thought we were on the verge of World War III when Hezbolla attacked Israel:

Source: Are We in the Early Stages of World War III?
herrr_smity
+156|6645|space command ur anus

Harmor wrote:

We thought we were on the verge of World War III when Hezbolla attacked Israel:

Source: Are We in the Early Stages of World War III?
well that's certainly not true
commissargizz
+123|6481| Heaven
Isreal can do what they want the US will always stand by them. ALWAYS.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6566|Southeastern USA
iran's doing a fine job of starting a riot with the US without israel's assistance in the matter
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6689
Short answer would be yes.  In what terms.  Troops, doubt it, equipment and logistics, yup.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6573
It wouldn't trigger WWIII. It would trigger Israel/US vs. the Middle East. That's all.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6649|949

FOXNEWS is just trying to push the fear agenda.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6573

commissargizz wrote:

Isreal can do what they want the US will always stand by them. ALWAYS.
US supporting a terrorist state. A first!
Home
Section.80
+447|6865|Seattle, Washington, USA

CameronPoe wrote:

It wouldn't trigger WWIII. It would trigger Israel/US vs. the Middle East. That's all.
Thank you. I hate all these doomsday talkers that think any sort of middle eastern conflict will be WW3. Nobody in that region has the equipment to take on the rest of the world, so you can stop worrying now.
Dec45
+12|6658
No it won't be world war regardless... Iran alone is not capable of any military action comparable to a world war.

Last edited by Dec45 (2006-11-12 14:35:27)

Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6663

CameronPoe wrote:

Here we go again...
Viller-Valle
Svensk Tiger
+15|6445|Sweden
Could be interesting if China supported Iran in some way... or Russia.
wreck®
+10|6403
Be rational Iran has absolutely no ability to strike Israel conventionally. The short story would be Israel hits Iranian reactors then Iran waves a stern finger at Israel maybe a fist shaking..

The only only relevant discussion given the certainty that Israel wont let Iran get nukes is when/where. The question isn't what will Iran's response be but simply when and how Israel does it.
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6457|A drop house
Well I think it all would depend on who strikes first. The info on that page leans towards Israel. If Israel strikes first there will be world outcry for Israel to stop the military actions and not wanting to tarnish are image any more the US will not directly support Israel, but we probably still will provide money and arms to them secretly. But if Iran were to strike first, Israel would most likely be backed fully by the US and other nations. With the way the Middle East is right now if Israel or Iran start a full scale war Syria, Hezbollah, Lebanon and others will take sides and be involved in the war. As for starting WW3 I doubt that European country’s (Excluding Russia) will want to touch this conflict with a thirty foot pole.
doc. josh
+48|6562
we can only hope then the us will be fighting a war on 4 fronts. AFganistan Iraq iran and in the unitedstates its self
Dec45
+12|6658

N.A.T.O wrote:

Well I think it all would depend on who strikes first. The info on that page leans towards Israel. If Israel strikes first there will be world outcry for Israel to stop the military actions and not wanting to tarnish are image any more the US will not directly support Israel, but we probably still will provide money and arms to them secretly. But if Iran were to strike first, Israel would most likely be backed fully by the US and other nations. With the way the Middle East is right now if Israel or Iran start a full scale war Syria, Hezbollah, Lebanon and others will take sides and be involved in the war. As for starting WW3 I doubt that European country’s (Excluding Russia) will want to touch this conflict with a thirty foot pole.
How would Iran strike Israel?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6536|Πάϊ

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Here we go again...
Oh CP you upset Fancy... Maybe you shouldn't be talking about the US foreign policy... its so passee... plus some people get offended when you talk about their country. Maybe its not politically correct...?

Last edited by oug (2006-11-12 15:27:14)

ƒ³
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6781|d

Dec45 wrote:

N.A.T.O wrote:

WITH THE FRIGGIN NUKES OFCOURSE. / sarcasm
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6457|A drop house

Dec45 wrote:

N.A.T.O wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran/Military

On November 2, 2006, Iran fired unarmed missiles to begin 10 days of military war games. Iranian state television reported "dozens of missiles were fired including Shahab-2 and Shahab-3 missiles. The missiles had ranges from 300 km to up to 2,000 km...Iranian experts have made some changes to Shahab-3 missiles installing cluster warheads in them with the capacity to carry 1,400 bombs." These launches come after some United States-led military exercises in the Persian Gulf on October 30, 2006, meant to train for blocking the transport of weapons of mass destruction [14]. Iran is also believed to have started the development of an ICBM missile project, known as Ghadr-110 with a range of nearly 7000 km; the program is paralleled with advancement of a satellite launcher.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6573

oug wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Here we go again...
Oh CP you upset Fancy... Maybe you shouldn't be talking about the US foreign policy... its so passee... plus some people get offended when you talk about their country. Maybe its not politically correct...?
LOL. People should learn not to be so sensitive. I've had people not criticise but actually insult my country - do you think I give a fuck? No.
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6698|Colorado Springs, CO
Iran absolutely does not want the US to be directly involved in a war against them. I'm pretty sure they saw what happened to Iraq when they got into a war with the US. I doubt that Ahmadinijadadadadadadad wants that kinda shit to happen to Iran. And even if they were dumb enough to attack Israel first it would have to be by an airstrike and i'm sure Israel would see them coming long before Iranian planes reached Israeli airspace. In other words it would be suicide for Iran to attack first. Its way more likely that Israel would launch a pre-emptive strike first. As far as the US being directly invovled, I highly doubt it unless Israel itself was in fear of an invasion, then maybe but even then it would be highly unlikely. Israel would do fine 1 on 1 against Iran but if Iran had allies helping it would be tougher, but I think Israel could manage it on their own nonetheless.
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6698|Colorado Springs, CO

CameronPoe wrote:

oug wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Here we go again...
LOL. People should learn not to be so sensitive. I've had people not criticise but actually insult my country - do you think I give a fuck? No.
Yea, people have their own opinions and I respect them for that but it does get old when people constantly bash the US as it has already been said a billion times over. I could care less if people slam the US. Its just words, not actions.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina
I think US pulled Israel into a war with the Arab world with its veto on last UN Resolution condemining Israel attacks and killings of civilians.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard