Poll

Do you think anyone with a best round score of over300 should be reset

Yes43%43% - 118
No56%56% - 155
Total: 273
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6482|Purdue
I think 2047 sounds like a good number to me.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6650|Hong Kong

genius_man16 wrote:

When will people stop caring about other people's stats?

They paid their own $50 odd bucks for the game, so let them do what they want.  Does it affect you at all? no, so why the fuck does it matter if they have a BR of over 300? or even if they had one over 3000?
Does it REALLY matter? no
Does it really matter? Yes. Its common sense - if you go into a library you will talk quietly as to be considerate to other people, so tell me, why cease to be considerate in a gaming server? The same circumstances apply, and you have to be considerate to other players. Padding does affect other players because it ruins the gaming experience for the other gamers.
Also, it is not always the case that we care about other people's stats. You buy a house, you have to pay taxes. Its a rule. The same situation - you buy a game, you have to obey the rules.
Chuckskull
+3|6376
Maybe not straight off, but they should probably be flagged for someone to look at their stats. Anyone with 1000+ is just plain obvious though.

Padding annoys the hell out of me, usually means 2 or 3 people on my team aren't fighting and often one or both transport choppers doing something totally useless. not to mention the insane amount of bitching and whining it causes in the round.

C'mon just settle it with violence eh? that is why we're here.
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

oh how I miss the good old days of Counter Strike. Someone would find a glitch and he would exploit it for his own gain and not to prove something to someone (valve sucks or crap like that). And than they would simply get banned for doing it because its common sense. And there were no Rules of Fucking Engagement to tell stupid people whats ok/not ok. If you are too stupid to realize on you own that "jumping outside of the map where no one can see you, but you can see everyone" is bollox, than you are just stupid. And thats no excuse.

And also you are all full of crap. There are not dozens of exploiters on every server. I have yet to encounter any. They mostly stick to their own, privately owned servers. Just find a good, friendly clan server and play there.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

300 is low, above 2000 would cut a lot out ... but i don't care who gets reset ... those people getting those uber high scores are pointing out the poor design and lack of testing.
Entertayner
+826|6571

SmilingBuddha wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

They paid their own $50 odd bucks for the game, so let them do what they want.  Does it affect you at all? no, so why the fuck does it matter if they have a BR of over 300? or even if they had one over 3000?
Does it really matter? Yes. Its common sense - if you go into a library you will talk quietly as to be considerate to other people, so tell me, why cease to be considerate in a gaming server? The same circumstances apply, and you have to be considerate to other players. Padding does affect other players because it ruins the gaming experience for the other gamers.
Also, it is not always the case that we care about other people's stats. You buy a house, you have to pay taxes. Its a rule. The same situation - you buy a game, you have to obey the rules.
How are statpadders ruining the game for others for fuck sake?  If anything they're doing a favour to them, they are sitting in a vulnerable place as an easy target, all it takes is one person with common sense to stop it.
[2MC]Golarin
+6|6550
What happens when you get a veteran badge? thats 500 points right there.
Rogue_granny
+22|6567

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

SmilingBuddha wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

How are statpadders ruining the game for others for fuck sake?  If anything they're doing a favour to them, they are sitting in a vulnerable place as an easy target, all it takes is one person with common sense to stop it.
And when did half the gamers in BF have common sense, i.e. running in to your apc when your on the same side, looking aimlessly at you when your yelling for ammo or a medic, taking off in a vehicle when there is only themselves on board, shall i go on? common sense is something a lot of the players left at the password screen before they logged on
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
Can we stop comparing glitching in Games to things like Murders and Library incidents?

they're entirely unrelated.

the only way you can relate a real life situation to a gaming one is if you can do what happens in the game in real life..

Are there titans in real life?
No.

Can you glitch into walls in real life?
No.

Can you hover a transport chopper over an aircraft carrier (troop transporter over a titan) and gain massive points from it in real life?
No.

kthxbye.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard