VicktorVauhn
+319|6392|Southern California
Every player in the game has a positive K/D ratio....

EVERYONE....Negative numbers are less then 0, not less then one. You would have to either have a negative amount of kills, or a negative amount of deaths for it to be positive...

I know what you mean....and yes its a very stupid thing to bitch about, but its just fingers on a chalk board to me for some reason...
Am I the only one lame enough to be annoyed by this?
Ur-Jack
+4|6376|England
Think everyone has their own anal annoyance.  Mine is when people say 24/7/365 when there aren't 365 weeks in a year, should be 24/7/52.

Last edited by Ur-Jack (2006-11-11 16:06:49)

deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6482

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Every player in the game has a positive K/D ratio....

EVERYONE....Negative numbers are less then 0, not less then one. You would have to either have a negative amount of kills, or a negative amount of deaths for it to be positive...

I know what you mean....and yes its a very stupid thing to bitch about, but its just fingers on a chalk board to me for some reason...
Am I the only one lame enough to be annoyed by this?
just you

well my pet peeve is fucking when the tanks your fucking ass down like they go to extreme lengths just to find you and kill you makes me so angry i feel like punching whoever that is right in the face.
nlsme
+48|6415|new york
not everyone has a pos ratio. for it to be pos it has to be above 1.0, more kills then deaths!!!!!
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
All KDRs average should be 1.000000000000000000000000000000

So, for every guy with a 2.0 kdr, there should be another one with 0.5 (or 2 with 0.75 etc.)
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6644|Ohio

PBAsydney wrote:

So, for every guy with a 2.0 kdr, there should be another one with 0.5 (or 2 with 0.75 etc.)
Except revived kills still count as kills, but not deaths, so your logic is flawed

and when we say positive kdr, most people mean positive kills - deaths, which happens to have a ratio of 1.
ReGmAn78
+16|6646|Alberta, Canada

Ur-Jack wrote:

Think everyone has their own anal annoyance.  Mine is when people say 24/7/365 when there aren't 365 weeks in a year, should be 24/7/52.
This one made me laugh...
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6843|Waikato, Aotearoa
Prolly yes - personally i dont give a rats arse about my KD ratio
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Except revived kills still count as kills, but not deaths, so your logic is flawed

and when we say positive kdr, most people mean positive kills - deaths, which happens to have a ratio of 1.
Ugh, didn't think about that ...
VicktorVauhn
+319|6392|Southern California

nlsme wrote:

not everyone has a pos ratio. for it to be pos it has to be above 1.0, more kills then deaths!!!!!
Let say some one has 5 kills, and 20 deaths.
they have 5/20 Kills/deaths
Ratios are fractions, and if both the numorator and denominator are positive the ratio or fraction is positive.

In the example above he has .25 kills per each death, or a K/D ratio of .25

.25 is greater then zero, and so it is positive.

Zim, I don't care about my K/D, I only know its horrible from getting owned so much when I was new....Its more of an issue of semantics then game play...

The 24/7/365 is funny, very true, Ive never thought of that...

Paco, Yeah I get what most people are saying, like I said its just a random thing that bothers me.... But kdr is kill death ratio, and that ratio can never be negative.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
http://bf2s.com/player/80598646/ doesn't have positive KDR. It can't be negative though. I do however, believe it was my post that triggered this tirade. TeeHee!

Last edited by DesertFox423 (2006-11-11 19:05:50)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

Correction... http://bf2s.com/player/80598646/ (needs to have the "/" at the end for the link to work). But LOL!
nlsme
+48|6415|new york

VicktorVauhn wrote:

nlsme wrote:

Let say some one has 5 kills, and 20 deaths.
they have 5/20 Kills/deaths
Ratios are fractions, and if both the numorator and denominator are positive the ratio or fraction is positive.

In the example above he has .25 kills per each death, or a K/D ratio of .25

.25 is greater then zero, and so it is positive.

Zim, I don't care about my K/D, I only know its horrible from getting owned so much when I was new....Its more of an issue of semantics then game play...

The 24/7/365 is funny, very true, Ive never thought of that...

Paco, Yeah I get what most people are saying, like I said its just a random thing that bothers me.... But kdr is kill death ratio, and that ratio can never be negative.
umm no that would be negative, in the fraction then it wouldnt be zero it would be one,5 over 5 would be one so anything less then 5 would be a neg ratio.

Last edited by nlsme (2006-11-11 16:51:13)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6631|Finland

Mmm.. someone said "anal annoyance".. Semantics!

Last edited by DonFck (2007-01-04 04:54:50)

I need around tree fiddy.
turkeybacon
+50|6445|Dragon Valley

deadawakeing wrote:

just you

well my pet peeve is fucking when the tanks your fucking ass down like they go to extreme lengths just to find you and kill you makes me so angry i feel like punching whoever that is right in the face.
lmao strong anger
Moggle
+4|6579|I'm not sure

nlsme wrote:

umm no that would be negative, in the fraction then it wouldnt be zero it would be one,5 over 5 would be one so anything less then 5 would be a neg ratio.
Oh boy, let's try again slowly shall we...I'll speak slowly for you so you can catch it.
Any      real     number     greater     than     zero     (including    things    like   1/2,   1/3,   4/5,   1,   2, etc.) is    a    positive    number.   That    means    a   kdr    of     0.anything    is    still     positive    .

I know that many ancient civilisations took a long time to discover / understand the concept of negatives and the null (zero) number, so I'd estimate that you are only about 2000-3000 years behind the rest of the world.
Moggle
+4|6579|I'm not sure

turkeybacon wrote:

lmao strong anger
No, strong anger is what the pilot was feeling when I shot down his jet with a SRAW this morning.

I, on the other hand, got this warm, fuzzy, feel-good glow.
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6547|the best galaxy
Hey thx - I HAVE A POSITIVE KDR NOW - I'm so proud man
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
Donald O' Brien
+104|6703
Lol, some of the replies in this thread are priceless.  It's amazing the things people can't understand.

Back on topic--you aren't the only one annoyed by that phrase, I've always wondered who came up with such a retarded term.
SlightlySto0pid
+7|6449|New York

Moggle wrote:

nlsme wrote:

Oh boy, let's try again slowly shall we...I'll speak slowly for you so you can catch it.
Any      real     number     greater     than     zero     (including    things    like   1/2,   1/3,   4/5,   1,   2, etc.) is    a    positive    number.   That    means    a   kdr    of     0.anything    is    still     positive    .

I know that many ancient civilisations took a long time to discover / understand the concept of negatives and the null (zero) number, so I'd estimate that you are only about 2000-3000 years behind the rest of the world.
The term "positive K/D" has to be taken with ... hmm, not context , but what the term has come to mean.

It's like calling someone who's not good a n00b even if they have been playing for a long time, they aren't new are they? Obviously not. It just means they suck. Everyone knows this. Everyone knows a positive K/D is when you have more kills than deaths. So, if you want to be anal retentive about the literal meaning of things, so be it. But understand that everyone knows what you're saying and yet nobody cares. So to answer your question, you ARE the only one annoyed by it.

Last edited by SlightlySto0pid (2006-11-11 18:42:30)

nlsme
+48|6415|new york

Moggle wrote:

nlsme wrote:

wow you must be really smart not to understand that a positive k/d ratio is not a matter of a positive number it is a fucking ratio. therefore if your deaths equals one and you dont 1 have kill then you are in the neg.you are 1 kill (-1) from being at a "1.00" ratio and 2 kills from a + ratio.

Last edited by nlsme (2006-11-11 18:57:15)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Is 0 a positive or negative number?
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6547|the best galaxy
zero is special - it's took hundreds of years to develop.
It's neigher positive nor negative.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6539|The Lost Highway
All of this math is pissing my brain off.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6796|Barrington, RI

mKmalfunction wrote:

All of this math is pissing my brain off.
mine too

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard