Larssen
+99|1885
The Iranian response seems muted and somewhat out of character for the IRG. I don't expect public displays of force to move beyond this, but the PMFs in Iraq have to make some more noise at some point, at least politically. They've been quiet so far despite the fact that everyone killed was of major importance to them.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-01-08 00:12:55)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
They're not stupid, they're playing the long game. If the US is booted out of Iraq they've achieved their objective.

Beyond waking up hypoglycemic its hard to know what Trump's motivators are. Apart from plugging the neo-con chaos plan its hard to believe he has one.

It doesn't seem Iran killed anyone so likely Trump will call this a 'yuge win' and waddle away, not realising he's lost.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-01-08 04:27:35)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America

SuperJail Warden wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Probably best you didn't ask if they had any children left behind:

The Forgotten American Children Of Vietnam
https://hubpages.com/politics/The-Forgo … Of-Vietnam
I asked if they had any contact or relationships with people in Vietnam or ever visited after the war. They said they basically hate the Vietnamese and want nothing to do with them. A bunch of sore losers.
I remember when Ken Burns doc came out, there were rumblings from the same sort about how it was too critical of the US and how we won. At the end of it, they did epilogues about a lot of their interviews and showed how many were writers, which was surprising to me. I'm sure there still are an awful lot of uncritical thinkers who'd say the rug got pulled out from them by the government just as we were about to win.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin

SuperJail Warden wrote:

War Man wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I just hope all of the Americans that get killed are from red states. They always talk about being the "Real America" anyway.
Fuck you, too
Why don't you want to serve your country?
You don't need to die to serve your country.

uziq wrote:

War Man wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I just hope all of the Americans that get killed are from red states. They always talk about being the "Real America" anyway.
Fuck you, too
hope you're at the front of the queue to enlist. now it's your time!
Already did months ago, shipping out next week for basic and afterwards is OCS.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Good luck. Hope it works out for you.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Not gonna wish death on him?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
He is from Wisconsin. I said red states not swing states.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
American military people love to talk about how they kick ass and kill their enemies. God forbid you talk about them dying though.

Republicans like to trigger the libs, and terrorize immigrants and the poor. God forbid you talk about terrorism destroying them though.

I have more in common with people of my same class, profession, and education in Iran/China/Venezuela than I do with the conservative working class of rural Alabama. The conservative working class is also more of a threat to me than any foreigner. I am okay with directing spite as much spite towards my enemies as they do theirs.
uziq
+492|3450
class solidarity regardless of race, religion or nationality. spoken like a true intersectionist marxist.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

War Man wrote:

This is true! There are tons of ways to "serve your country" divorced from military service.

The doting America heaps upon vets and military service is nauseating. It's like they can't be non-cringe respected as fellow Americans. It's either outright hostility or misplaced hero worship.

Then when they're homeless, destitute, and living under the crushing weight of mental illness and/or physical injuries: "get out of my city ya bum! No panhandling!"
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

War Man wrote:

This is true! There are tons of ways to "serve your country" divorced from military service.

The doting America heaps upon vets and military service is nauseating. It's like they can't be non-cringe respected as fellow Americans. It's either outright hostility or misplaced hero worship.

Then when they're homeless, destitute, and living under the crushing weight of mental illness and/or physical injuries: "get out of my city ya bum! No panhandling!"
Why don't you support the troops?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Why don't people with "I support our troops!" bumper stickers support them when they return from war with all their baggage.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Why don't people with "I support our troops!" bumper stickers support them when they return from war with all their baggage.
Are you referring to those yellow ribbon magnets people were putting on their cars?
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41yjig%2ByLAL._SX466_.jpg
In high school we used to steal those at night on the way home from drinking.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I support our teachers (except you, you're horrible).
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Worship meeeeeeeee
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Interesting to look at the first post in this thread

1. When did the threat to us start?

Many will say September 11, 2001. The answer as far as the United States is concerned is 1979, 22 years prior to September 2001, with the following attacks on us:

* Iran Embassy Hostages, 1979;
* Beirut, Lebanon Embassy 1983;
* Beirut, Lebanon Marine Barracks 1983;
* Lockerbie, Scotland Pan-Am flight to New York 1988;
* First New York World Trade Center attack 1993;
* Dhahran, Saudi Arabia Khobar Towers Military complex 1996;
* Nairobi, Kenya US Embassy 1998;
* Dares Salaam, Tanzania US Embassy 1998;
* Aden, Yemen USS Cole 2000;
* New York World Trade Center 2001;
* Pentagon 2001.

Note that during the period from 1981 to 2001 there were 7,581 terrorist attacks worldwide).

2. Why were we attacked?

Envy of our position, our success, and our freedoms. The attacks happened during the administrations of Presidents Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2. We cannot fault either the Republicans or Democrats as there were no provocations by any of the presidents or their immediate predecessors, Presidents Ford or Carter.

3. Who were the attackers?

In each case, the attacks on the US were carried out by Muslims.

4. What is the Muslim population of the World?

25%.

5. Isn't the Muslim Religion peaceful?

Hopefully, but that is really not material. There is no doubt that the predominately Christian population of Germany was peaceful, but under the dictatorial leadership of Hitler (who was also Christian), that made no difference. You either went along with the administration or you were eliminated. There were 5 to 6 million Christians killed by the Nazis for political reasons (including 7,000 Polish priests). (see http://www.nazis.testimony.co.uk/7-a.htm )

Thus, almost the same number of Christians were killed by the Nazis, as the six million holocaust Jews who were killed by them, and we seldom heard of anything other than the Jewish atrocities. Although Hitler kept the world focused on the Jews, he had no hesitancy about killing anyone who got in his way of exterminating the Jews or of taking over the world - German, Christian or any others.

Same with the Muslim terrorists. They focus the world on the US, but kill all in the way -- their own people or the Spanish, French or anyone else. The point here is that just like the peaceful Germans were of no protection to anyone from the Nazis, no matter how many peaceful Muslims there may be, they are no protection for us from the terrorist Muslim leaders and what they are fanatically bent on doing - - by their own pronouncements--killing all of us "infidels." I don't blame the peaceful Muslims. What would you do if the choice was shut up or die?

6. So who are we at war with?

There is no way we can honestly respond that it is anyone other than the Muslim terrorists. Trying to be politically correct and avoid Verbalizing this conclusion can well be fatal. There is no way to win if you don't clearly recognize and articulate who you are fighting.
Does anyone still believe Iraq had anything to do with any of this?
Or that anyone at the time believed Iraq had WMDs they might give to the terrorists they had nothing to do with?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
Jesus fuck. Should not look backwards on this forum. BRB - purging everything my dumb ass wrote whilst avoiding reading it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Was this you?

FoodNipple101 wrote:

I got something to say. Unless you were born in the US citizen of US or are a major in US govt and history or know anything intelligent about the muslims. STFU so if your from small ass POS country that we keep going. like switzerland,FRANCE, or any other country STFU ok you know nothing of us nor do you know nothing of them so STFU and take the fact YOU DONT MATTER NOR DOES YOUR OPINION. You cant vote here you cant have an opinion here so shut up. We keep your ass up and running and protect your ass so shut up.
War Man

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Thanks
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The US and Iran conflict is heating up, so is Australia in danger of falling for the 'epic failure' of Iraq again?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-09/ … a/11853078
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Trump got on T.V. yesterday and calmed the country down. He said there will be no retaliation. Could we still just talk about how wild it is that a country fired dozens of ballistic missiles at a U.S. military base?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The missiles were aimed at low-level US troops, it wouldn't have mattered if they'd died, if anything it would have been a good thing - it would have been a nice excuse for America to fire some missiles.

Most likely the whole thing was stage managed.

Whats more concerning is 63 Canadians being killed by an Iranian missile. The Canadian govt isn't going to kill any Arabs so it was a waste really.
War Man

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Trump got on T.V. yesterday and calmed the country down. He said there will be no retaliation. Could we still just talk about how wild it is that a country fired dozens of ballistic missiles at a U.S. military base?
Wasn't the first time Iran has done it, even then they always have missed.
uziq
+492|3450

Dilbert_X wrote:

The missiles were aimed at low-level US troops, it wouldn't have mattered if they'd died, if anything it would have been a good thing - it would have been a nice excuse for America to fire some missiles.

Whats more concerning is 63 Canadians being killed by an Iranian missile. The Canadian govt isn't going to kill any Arabs so it was a waste really.
yes it’s a bit mad how the media seem complicit in not even covering the downed plane much. it’s obviously too much of a coincidence ... but the story has quickly been shelved, it seems.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

yes it’s a bit mad how the media seem complicit in not even covering the downed plane much. it’s obviously too much of a coincidence ... but the story has quickly been shelved, it seems.
It is probably a big issue in Canada. I think the reason it is getting less coverage than it deserves is because there isn't any simple solution or maybe any solution at all to all of this.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard