uziq
+492|3450

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The Iranians just ballistic missiled US air bases in Iraq. I hope no Americans died. But if any did I hope they are from Kentucky or thereabout.
the immediate discussion seems to be that if it's ballistic missiles, they know they can be shot down, and it's basically some symbolic retaliation flagged to the US. they need something to put in their papers/media churn as much as trump does, after all.

wouldn't they use cruise missiles if they really wanted to fuck shit up?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
I don't believe they have any
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

uziq wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The Iranians just ballistic missiled US air bases in Iraq. I hope no Americans died. But if any did I hope they are from Kentucky or thereabout.
the immediate discussion seems to be that if it's ballistic missiles, they know they can be shot down, and it's basically some symbolic retaliation flagged to the US. they need something to put in their papers/media churn as much as trump does, after all.

wouldn't they use cruise missiles if they really wanted to fuck shit up?
Ballistic missiles have longer ranges and higher payloads. They could fire them from Iran from behind their Russian anti-aircraft systems.

I think they are aware that Trump is going to respond somehow to this attack. Probably with our own missiles at their missile launchers.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Now if only we could get Afghanistan to ask us to leave...
The Afghans never wanted you there either.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3450

Jay wrote:

iran have a very well-stocked military. have you just missed their collaboration with russia over syria/ISIS?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

The Taliban, no.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

You don't need to believe anything.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Abqa … ais_attack
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

The Taliban, no.
The Taliban are the Afghans you moron.
uziq
+492|3450
i don't know why average americans always think that iran is like some backwards taliban regime. they have a good military. cruise missiles are like 1970s tech. they definitely have modern cruise missiles.

Last edited by uziq (2020-01-07 17:23:08)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The Taliban, no.
Nah. They are a political party, not the people.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Is now the time to dig up all FEOS' posts which said all the hi-tech weaponry in Iraq was Iranian and being operated by Iranians?
Because being stupid Arabs the Iraqis had no hi-tech at all and wouldn't know how to use it if they did.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

The Taliban, no.
Yes, they just landed from outer space.

What next, the Viet Cong weren't Vietnamese, they were a political party, not the people?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I really think dilbert should put his hatred to good use and volunteer for the Iranian army. Now's the perfect time to kill the Americans and Israeli's he hates!
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yes, they just landed from outer space.

What next, the Viet Cong weren't Vietnamese, they were a political party, not the people?
The Taliban are thugs that kept the people oppressed because they had guns. They used to butcher people for fun. Not really sure how even your own hate twisted mind could defend them.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

uziq wrote:

i don't know why average americans always think that iran is like some backwards taliban regime. they have a good military. cruise missiles are like 1970s tech. they definitely have modern cruise missiles.
Americans are still convinced they only lost Vietnam because of the hippies protesting.

I had a school trip to a Vietnam War museum recently. The veterans there were convinced that if the politicians in Washington had just let them invade North Vietnam they could have won. I didn't have the heart to tell them they would have had to fight Chinese troops too if they did so.

The veterans made sure to remind everyone that the Vietnamese that they mostly fought were just as well armed and trained by the Chinese and Russians as them though. No one ever asked why they think they could beat them in North Vietnam if they were already as tough as the Americans in South Vietnam.

It was ironic seeing an old man with obvious PTSD and effects from Agent Orange from his own government talk about how great our military is. Like dude the reason you are shaking like Michael J Fox is because some guy in your beloved military got an idea from his college chemistry class.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Probably best you didn't ask if they had any children left behind:

The Forgotten American Children Of Vietnam
https://hubpages.com/politics/The-Forgo … Of-Vietnam
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
They already went straight to hell
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I had a school trip to a Vietnam War museum recently. The veterans there were convinced that if the politicians in Washington had just let them invade North Vietnam they could have won. I didn't have the heart to tell them they would have had to fight Chinese troops too if they did so.
Worked out great in Korea, USA won that too.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

I really think dilbert should put his hatred to good use and volunteer for the Iranian army. Now's the perfect time to kill the Americans and Israeli's he hates!
No need, America is going to collapse in on itself.

I wish I could see the look on every American's face when Israel concludes that America's light has dimmed and they need to ally themselves with the rising star which is China and work to defeat America.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Probably best you didn't ask if they had any children left behind:

The Forgotten American Children Of Vietnam
https://hubpages.com/politics/The-Forgo … Of-Vietnam
I asked if they had any contact or relationships with people in Vietnam or ever visited after the war. They said they basically hate the Vietnamese and want nothing to do with them. A bunch of sore losers.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Thats odd, I thought they were fighting for the Vietnamese.
American foreign policy is very confusing.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What could happen next?
If Mr Trump has a broader strategy going forward, it isn't clear at this time.

As usual, everyone has to try and make an educated guess as to what this famously erratic President will do next, especially now Iran has warned additional attacks may be coming.

Perhaps we should look at the way the President plays golf for some direction.

In an interview with Golf Digest in 2017, Mr Trump said: "I never really wanted to know a lot about my technique. I really trust instinct a lot, in golf and a lot of things."

Instinct is fine for a game that involves hitting a little white ball up a fairway.

It's a high-risk strategy if you're trying to avoid war by staying two moves ahead of a nation that invented modern chess.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-08/ … s/11850656
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Stop being cucks everyone. We might get a good Battlefield out of this war.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
If you feel that dilbert should stop being a hypocrite, and should travel to a part of the world more befitting his ideology, and should participate in their struggle against the targets of his hatred, please raise your hand.

Both of mine are raised.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I was born in the middle east, some of us are able to move more than 10 miles from their place of birth.

And what have I been hypocritical about? I'm not the one advocating killing people here, you are.

I've suggested the US keep out of the ME and stop blindly protecting Israel, that would restore the power balance.
Not sure what's hypocritical about that.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-01-08 00:58:08)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard