venom6
Since day One.
+247|6580|Hungary
Hello everyone !
I need some help with my Bf2.I realized that my VGA can run the game with all high settings without anti aliasing and the game looks pretty awsome with the effects and the shadows.My VGA dont gets overheated so its around 50 Celsius and i got passive cooling.I will still need some lil ram coolings what i can stick on the VGA ram modules because the vga processor passive cooler dont cools that one.

So my main problem is that when i load a map it takes too long and when its loaded i get amazing lag and my HDD is loading like hell.My VGA dont gets overheated..only my HDD is working and working so i get serious hardware lag (whwn my settings are all on high)
I asked myself and some others told me that i need another gig of RAM (now i got only 1 gig)
Do you guys think that would soleve my problem or do i need to set some other settings maybe in windows ?
Maybe 2 gigs of RAM ?

My Pc's specs:

RAM: 2x 512 DDR
VGA: GeForce 6600 GT
CPU: AMD +3200 2 Ghz

Please if you can help me ! And sorry for asking things like this but i really wanna know the opinion from other bf2 players !
Thx !!
chittydog
less busy
+586|6857|Kubra, Damn it!

Yes, if your hard drive is working that hard, you definitely need more RAM.
Des.Kmal
+917|6640|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
umm, that gfx card wont play on all high that well....

ur CPU isnt that great either.

and ur RAM is slow. i think. lol

so medium doesnt lag at all?

its probaly gfx lag.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6788|Cambridge (UK)
Yes. You need more RAM.

If you want you could try tweaking your system startup apps and services with msconfig - that'll help some, but it won't cure the problem altogether.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6788|Cambridge (UK)

Des.Kmal wrote:

its probaly gfx lag.
Ignore this fool - he'll have you going out and spending $$$ on hardware you don't need. All you need is another 1Gb RAM.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6580|Hungary
Thx for the answers.I prolly will need +1 gig of RAM.
Also some other friends told me that i need a good fast HDD what will be a solution for the long loadingtime.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6788|Cambridge (UK)
It'll certainly help. What HDD do you have IDE or SATA (and SATA 1 or 2) ?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6793|PNW

Step 1: Find out how many memory slots you have on your motherboard (total).
Step 1a: If you have two free, insert a matching pair into the other slots. Running at 2T is a small price to pay for better BF2 performance. If it comes down to it, an unmatched pair lying about from the same manufacturer worked fine for me, though it also lowered the max latency slightly.
Step 1b: If you only have one free, you could add another 512MB DIMM, which would be cheap (better 1.5GB than 1GB, BF2-wise). Or you could stick your 512MB pair in a box and pick up a cheap 1GB pair for your 2GB. Be sure they're compatible with your motherboard, first. Second, check that they're nice and cozy in dual channel mode.

Step 2: Your video card is fine. The 6600 can withstand plenty of abuse from BF2, though I suggest looking for a BF2 optimization guide to squeeze the most performance/quality possible out of the game. You don't need everything on high. As I expect you're stuck on AGP. I wouldn't purchase any AGP card again, unless yours or your grandma's breaks and a new system is out of the question. On to the next step.
Step 3: Your processor is fine. On to the next step.
Step 4: Cleanse that spyware scum.
Step 5: Your hard drive is fine. Defrag it every now and then though, making sure that you have enough free space available for an effective process.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-11-11 11:34:07)

buttered noodle
+16|6667|ohio
basically when i got my 2nd gig, many problems disappeared
Des.Kmal

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

its probaly gfx lag.
Ignore this fool - he'll have you going out and spending $$$ on hardware you don't need. All you need is another 1Gb RAM.
like.. what did i offer to buy? nothing.

lol

first, he has ddr ram.

2. that cpu isnt bf2.... loving...

but yeah, more ram would... reduce lag.

btw dude, i have:

Intel P4 HT 3.7GHz
1GB RAM
7600GT

and I play on all high with no lag.

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2006-11-11 14:10:18)

-101-InvaderZim
+42|6865|Waikato, Aotearoa
More RAM, and drop some of your Graphics down. Instead of 4xAA, use 2xAA (or none). Try playing the game @ 1024x768 res, and set your effects to Med/Low
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6664|Deep In The South Of Texas

Des.Kmal wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

its probaly gfx lag.

lol

first, he has ddr ram.
And your point is? 

BF2 relies more on GPU and RAM than CPU speed.

1st correct thing you said.

btw dude, i have:

Intel P4 HT 3.7GHz
1GB RAM
7600GT

I'm sure he's happy for you.
Ryan
+1,230|6865|Alberta, Canada

Get DDR2 RAM and get 2GB's of it.
Des.Kmal

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lol

first, he has ddr ram.
And your point is? 
idk. ddr2 is faster.

linkage. right now. because my friend has an AMD X2 3200 and an eVGA 7800GTX and mine plays bf2 better.

thank you your majesty.

btw dude, i have:

Intel P4 HT 3.7GHz
1GB RAM
7600GT

i hope he is. that was an example. to show maybe his, or my, error.

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2006-11-11 14:44:23)

The Stillhouse Kid

Des.Kmal wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

lol

first, he has ddr ram.
And your point is? 
idk. ddr2 is faster.
No shit Sherlock, but not everyone can use DDR2. Next....

linkage. right now. because my friend has an AMD X2 3200 and an eVGA 7800GTX and mine plays bf2 better.

Glad you asked.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/612769 … amp;page=3
Our testing showed that CPU speed made a negligilbe difference in performance;
http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_5.html
Battlefield 2's performance (particularly when online) is highly dependent on your graphics card and video settings, much more so than your CPU speed.
Next...

thank you your majesty.

1 out of 3 correct isn't much to be proud of cheif.

btw dude, i have:

Intel P4 HT 3.7GHz
1GB RAM
7600GT

More than likely yours.
The Stillhouse Kid

ryan_14 wrote:

The only AMD that uses DDR2 is AM2.
doc. josh
+48|6567

ryan_14 wrote:

The only AMD that uses DDR2 is AM2.
hehehe owned
ssonrats
+221|6667
Well i have a 3500+, 6600gt and 1gb of ram and i have to play bf2 on lows so cut the bullshit mate, it runs at 40-50fps. If i put the graphics anywhere near medium the gfx card suicides and the FPS on medium or high is around 15-25 fps.

Last edited by ssonrats (2006-11-11 15:43:02)

Des.Kmal

Des.Kmal wrote:

And your point is? 
idk. ddr2 is faster.
No shit Sherlock, but not everyone can use DDR2. Next....
No shit Watson, I didnt say he could use it. I said it was faster. Next....

Glad you asked.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/612769 … amp;page=3
Hmm... what did that prove?

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_5.html
[color=green]Hmm, is there any way to prove it. Should I use fraps ingame on mine, and then on his and see whos is better? I will.

Next...

thank you your majesty.

1 out of 3 correct isn't much to be proud of cheif.
Speeling is faled.
Chief

More than likely yours.
Haha, either way. From experience: higher CPU speeds affect BF2 ALOT! Whether you like it or not. Whether you can find forums to say it your way, tweakguide, whatever. I'll prove it to you the old fashioned way. K?

So, heres what I'm going to do.

Fraps me on Karkand. All high, for 3 minutes.
He's going to do the same. All high. Alrighty then?

Then show that to the tweakguides and gamespot.

On a side note, you look like a person on an internet forum I would like and agree with, but damn. (Like the sig. Jon Kerry being a douche. And being from the South. But still...

anyway. I'm awaitng ur reply. Which I'm sure you are going to find some random forum I've never heard of and pull some crazy shit out your ass to "prove" me wrong.

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2006-11-11 16:15:54)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6642|Mhz

Des.Kmal wrote:

its probaly gfx lag.
The processor is fine i have the same and it shits on BF2 like its not even trying.

The graphics card is fine too, with AA off all high would run smoothly (my x800XT PE is fairly comparable to his card and it does the same settings just fine).

So as is usually the case with BF2 it's RAM RAM and more RAM. 2GB = win.

ssonrats wrote:

Well i have a 3500+, 6600gt and 1gb of ram and i have to play bf2 on lows so cut the bullshit mate, it runs at 40-50fps. If i put the graphics anywhere near medium the gfx card suicides and the FPS on medium or high is around 15-25 fps.
Your PC has issues I suggest looking more closly at your setup. My rig isn't great but it does play BF2 on high if i want it to and it's not a million miles better then yours, infact you have a better CPU than me.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2006-11-11 16:25:26)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6793|PNW

OK people, I'll repeat:

The OP system is likely an AGP build. Without slapping together a new rig, memory is the only thing he should upgrade, with a 3200+ and a 6600GT. These two are more than sufficient for BF2ing, and there is no reason for him to break out $500 on petty upgrades.
The Stillhouse Kid

Des.Kmal wrote:

Haha, either way. From experience: higher CPU speeds affect BF2 ALOT! Whether you like it or not. Whether you can find forums to say it your way, tweakguide, whatever. I'll prove it to you the old fashioned way. K?

On a side note, you look like a person on an internet forum I would like and agree with, but damn. (Like the sig. Jon Kerry being a douche. And being from the South. But still...

anyway. I'm awaitng ur reply. Which I'm sure you are going to find some random forum I've never heard of and pull some crazy shit out your ass to "prove" me wrong.
OK, whatever You obviously believe that what you know about PCs is correct, even though it's contrary to hundreds if not thousands of other user's and builder's experience, and that nothing can prove you wrong.

I am someone you should agree with, because most of the time I'm right. I've been building and overclocking PCs for about 10 years, and if I ever run across something I don't know, I at least know where and how to find out about it.\

BTW, your logic behind your little FRAPS experiment is flawed. Comparing the FPS of 2 systems that use different processors, GPUs, etc. can't be used as a basis for your argument. A better way would be to start off with a single system at stock CPU speeds, and measure FPS, then overclock the CPU and measure again and see if there's any change. But you're Mr. Know-it-all, so do whatever you want.
velocitychaos
+26|6518|Brisbane Australia
go the 2 gb of ram....i have basically the same probs as you and i'm about a week away from getting 2 gb of ram wOOOOOOOOOOOOt!

http://bf2s.com/player/46167394/]https://sigs.bf2s.com/2502.png[/url]

Last edited by velocitychaos (2006-11-11 18:34:07)

montypythizzle
+21|6624
i would get 2x1gb or else you wont be running in dual channel which gives you double the memory bandwidth
your cpu is fine nwxt for you is new grphx card but 2x1gb is the way to go

and btw cpu doesnt have a LARGE affect on fps vid card has more to do with it
upgrading your cpu will give you MAYBE a 10 fps difference a vid card up to 40fps more....
Des.Kmal

Des.Kmal wrote:

1. OK, whatever You obviously believe that what you know about PCs is correct, even though it's contrary to hundreds if not thousands of other user's and builder's experience, and that nothing can prove you wrong.

2. I am someone you should agree with, [u]because most of the time I'm right[/i]. I've been building and overclocking PCs for about 10 years, and if I ever run across something I don't know, I at least know where and how to find out about it.\

3. BTW, your logic behind your little FRAPS experiment is flawed. Comparing the FPS of 2 systems that use different processors, GPUs, etc. can't be used as a basis for your argument. A better way would be to start off with a single system at stock CPU speeds, and measure FPS, then overclock the CPU and measure again and see if there's any change. 4. But you're Mr. Know-it-all, so do whatever you want.
1. No, Im not saying that at all. Im just saying I have had an experience with this afformentioned thing and I was going to test it.
2. Look what I underlined. Read 4.
3. Dude, Listen, I said that CPUs made a big dif. Ok? Why would I try the SAME CPU!?! Thats dumb as shit.
4. 2

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard