Announcement

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|5799|meh-land
can anyone tell me how to take a punkbuster screenshot of a player and put it onto your computer?  I need to know for a few reasons, but its mostly because i don't know how to tell people to take a pb screenshot of my clan when they accuse us of hacking...

but partially just because i want to know

thanks in advance!
~blehm98
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|5903
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|5771|UK
umm you cant actually take a screenshot of another player using pb as the screenshots are taken on an interval of 20 seconds (providing u aint changed the pb_sleep time)

those shots are then sent to evenbalence which are checked then sent to the server host

this process can take like up to 10 days to complete.

this is the procedure i know of as i asked a friend of mine who owns his own server
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|5903

Zero!. wrote:

umm you cant actually take a screenshot of another player using pb as the screenshots are taken on an interval of 20 seconds (providing u aint changed the pb_sleep time)

those shots are then sent to evenbalence which are checked then sent to the server host

this process can take like up to 10 days to complete.

this is the procedure i know of as i asked a friend of mine who owns his own server
Sorry to say that, but this is completely wrong.

pb_sleep has nothing to do with screenshots on server- or clientside. If you want to let the server take screenshots automatically you have to configure the punkbuster server with "pb_sv_autoss 1".

Screenshots on servers are usually not taken every 20 seconds, rather every 180-240 seconds minimum and 1200 seconds maximum. But this is up to the admin of the gameservers and the player itself cant do anything legal against this.

Punkbuster screenshots arent sent automatically to Punksbusted.com you rather have to do that by yourself if there is something suspicious on a screenshot and then admins are going to decide if there's a program used that shouldn' be used.

@ Blehm98

Just read the link i provided in my first posting and scroll down almost to the botton, there are the informations regarding screenshots doing from the client or server.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|5799|meh-land
thanks a lot man, i really appreciate it
basetballjones
Member
+30|6084
Further, if you admin a server, you should have access to the Punkbuster web utility (ask your provider if you don't have a clue what I mean).

With the utility you have full control over screeners, bans, etc. through html interface.

You can also take screenshots on demand by using the console command "getSS", but this requires your to be a registered in game admin for that server as well as entering the player's "list" number with the getss command.. the web utility is way easier.

Last edited by basetballjones (2006-11-11 10:01:27)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|5799|meh-land
i'm guessing you mean their pb_plist number?

and thanks for that too, i believe we're switching servers soon so we can ask about this punkbuster web utility then
basetballjones
Member
+30|6084

Blehm98 wrote:

i'm guessing you mean their pb_plist number?

and thanks for that too, i believe we're switching servers soon so we can ask about this punkbuster web utility then
yes, you are correct.  There was a link in an earlier post to the PB [email protected] evenbalance, you should read it carefully.   Allthough it's not possible for everyone, I use dual monitors, so i have BF2cc, PBUtility, and vent status open on mysecond monitor so I can view it in RT and simply alt-tab out to perform admin duty.
tricky69
Member
+1|5726|UK
i've just connected a new screen to my nvidia 7950 gt and wondered how i could get vent etc.... running in my second monitor?
Any help would be appreciated.
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|5649|Netherlands
Most off-topic post ever
FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|5866|Donnacona, Quebec

tricky69 wrote:

i've just connected a new screen to my nvidia 7950 gt and wondered how i could get vent etc.... running in my second monitor?
Any help would be appreciated.
I... I don't know what to say =/
RuhRoh
Member
+2|5876|DC area, USA
Wow.. not even cl;osely related thread revive.. whats is going on today
tricky69
Member
+1|5726|UK
sorry guys.... I was just serching the forums and came across this

basetballjones wrote:

Allthough it's not possible for everyone, I use dual monitors, so i have BF2cc, PBUtility, and vent status open on mysecond monitor so I can view it in RT and simply alt-tab out to perform admin duty.
And i wondered if anybody knew how to do it?

Glad some of you have had a good giggle though and i got my first karma so i'm happy!!!
aimless
Member
+166|5460|Texas
I remember for call of duty there was a command "pb_sv_getss #" where # was their plist number. I'm not too good with bf2 commands but I'm sure they kept it around. It saves the screenshot into the pb folder on your servers' ftp. So go look through that.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5321|Aus, Qld

tricky69 wrote:

sorry guys.... I was just serching the forums and came across this

basetballjones wrote:

Allthough it's not possible for everyone, I use dual monitors, so i have BF2cc, PBUtility, and vent status open on mysecond monitor so I can view it in RT and simply alt-tab out to perform admin duty.
And i wondered if anybody knew how to do it?

Glad some of you have had a good giggle though and i got my first karma so i'm happy!!!
Lol only took you 452 days.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|5726

bakinacake wrote:

tricky69 wrote:

sorry guys.... I was just serching the forums and came across this

basetballjones wrote:

Allthough it's not possible for everyone, I use dual monitors, so i have BF2cc, PBUtility, and vent status open on mysecond monitor so I can view it in RT and simply alt-tab out to perform admin duty.
And i wondered if anybody knew how to do it?

Glad some of you have had a good giggle though and i got my first karma so i'm happy!!!
Lol only took you 452 days.
And some people are still answering the old question.
Rofl_My_Waffle
Member
+11|6027
As a server, admin you can take screen shots on demand, but taking screen shots repeatedly would cause lag. I don't think you should waste resources and lag everyone to simply prove to a few people.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|5672

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

As a server, admin you can take screen shots on demand, but taking screen shots repeatedly would cause lag. I don't think you should waste resources and lag everyone to simply prove to a few people.
for the life of me i still can not take them..
im an admin on the server too
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6121|Anaheim, CA

If you want help with it pm me jetsniper
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|5672

GuliblGuy wrote:

If you want help with it pm me jetsniper
ok thanks i pm'd you

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard