Do you smoke

Yes25%25% - 16
No68%68% - 43
Gave up6%6% - 4
Want too but too young0%0% - 0
Total: 63
Koss
+6|6755|U.S.
Smoke weed almost everyday,  but only smoke cigs when im drunk or rollin.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6597|Seattle

FFLink13 wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Shmizmar wrote:

It causes so many cancers.
So do 9,000 other household items.
you call a smoke a household item?

wow... some people, eh?

and no, i would never smoke. i'm too smart to.
No, I'm calling it safer than most things around your house.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6388|Scotland

jord wrote:

I never smoked in my life but i'm on their side.

Here's a good point,it's their body and they can put what they wan't in it.As long as it is legal.
Thing is they can't stop the smoke entering someone elses body, that is not their body. It maybe be legal but that doesn't make it right.  Besides why bother with them? a slight delight to the complete detrement to your health = stupid imo.
Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6642|7th level of hell

"because  got high" - Afroman

Last edited by Zilla (2006-11-10 09:57:15)

commissargizz
+123|6464| Heaven
Agreed, I read a report once, i will have to find it,  that they tested some girl and found 20 toxic chemicals in her...OUCH that'll hurt in later life. I don't care if people smoke as long as I do not have to breathe it in. Makes me yak.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
No, nor will I ever smoke.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6631|New Hampshire, USA

Marlboroman82 wrote:

no, smoking is bad
Ironic eh?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6597|Seattle

Apoc-SAS wrote:

jord wrote:

Here's a good point,it's their body and they can put what they wan't in it.As long as it is legal.
Thing is they can't stop the smoke entering someone elses body, that is not their body. It maybe be legal but that doesn't make it right.  Besides why bother with them? a slight delight to the complete detrement to your health = stupid imo.
We better call the:
https://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/72cde7d627.bmp

Diluted smoke scent never hurt no one ya baby.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

Apoc-SAS wrote:

jord wrote:

Why bother with them?Perhaps because i have friends and family who smoke and they are no less worth bothering about than the healthiest man on the planet.

You only live once,if i die at 72 instead of 80 i'm not really bothered.

Infact,i just made myself wan't to take up smoking.
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6655
I smoke and have done so since age 14 (cigarettes not pot, though I've done that as well).  So I'm going on about 13 years of smoking and have quit a few times for 9 months one time and for a year another time.  Once you smoke and are addicted, the only way to quit for good is if you personally really want to.  I enjoy it so I don't want to quit right now.  I know it's bad for my health, makes me stink, etc. but I really do enjoy it.  I like the feeling of the smoke rushing into my lungs, it calms me down sometimes when I'm stressed, etc.

I honestly wish I had never started because even if you honestly really do want to quit it's very difficult.  Besides the addictive nature of cigarettes, just the habit of smoking is hard to put down.  Think of any habit you have (something you do on a regular basis, like brushing your teeth or showering, etc.)  Now how hard would it be to just not ever do that ever again.  Naturally you're going to say, "But MastersMom, that's different because those things are good for you and they need to be done."  I agree, but look past the good/bad aspect of the habits, or find a bad habit that you have and use that as an example.  Point is, whether it's good or bad for you, it's still a habit and is difficult to quit.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6685|Espoo, Finland

King_County_Downy wrote:

This thread separates the men from the boys...
Yeah, only men have the guts to smoke!

Most people start to smoke at a young age to be cool at school. In my opinion it takes more balls not to start it than be one of the lambs...
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6568|Oxford

commissargizz wrote:

Why do people smoke, I think it is horrible, fucks your lungs, gives you cancer, makes your clothes smell.
So why do you smoke, tell me what you think.
Addiction first and foremost but also because it makes me look cool, and older.

Smoke for a week and then tell me you hate it, especially after a meal and when you've got a coffee in the other hand.
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

Smoking is disgusting.

It's the stupidest way to relieve stress.

And I don't understand how it makes you 'cool'.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-11-10 10:27:03)

Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6592|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Yes Rollies and Spicy Rollies
Only really rollies when I'm drinkin

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-11-10 10:41:45)

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6685|Espoo, Finland

ryan_14 wrote:

Smoking is disgusting.

It's the stupidest way to relieve stress.

And I don't understand how it makes you 'cool'.
It makes kids think they're cool, because it's forbidden. It's like eating candy when you're mom told you not to.
Some people still think it's cool, to do stuff that your mom would not let you do, when you're an adult.
DankmanHightimes
+24|6500|atlanta GA
i smoked cigrettes for bout 5-7years never real heavy but quit cold turkey guess that why i smoke my stash up so fast..../shrug

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard