tino275
+14|6583
How do you know if you're a good Player?

I don't think you can go by your total score. Cuz you could a bad player but play ALL the time to rackup points.

Even if you go by Score/Min. There are some really good players out there that don't score high especially snipers that don't score high but make a big difference in a game. Or squad players that go for overall wins and their #s aren't as high as the could be.

KDR is questionable too.

Win Loss ratio I think playes a big part of it. Cuz the overall goal of the game is to help your Army/Country Survive. But its not totally it either.

I've gone up against some players that you can just tell are awsome. I do have some games where I do really well but others that I really suck in. 

What "I" really think makes a good player is a well rounded player.

Score is important.
SPM is important.
Ability to play multiple Kits is very important (This game Needs balance in order to win)
Squad Play very important (One good squad can win a game)
KDR kinda important
Win/Loss ration is important (BUT can not alwayse judge the quality of the player)

Here is what I think of my self. Check my BF2 stats for reference: tino275 I would like to get better I know I need to join a clan to do that.

(Keep in mind it took me a while to get off my feet in BF2 as in was my first online PC game I ever played.)

I'm usually don't go below the top 10 playes on most games.

Score I'm Average (I don't get to play as ofter a I like)
SPM slightly Above average (considering I usually only play infintry)
Multiple Kits Slightly Above average I like some Kits more than others but I can play most kit pretty will.
Squad Play I think I'm Average to Slightly above average (It depends on the people in my squad)
KDR i'm average I think
Win/Loss ratio I'm Average

OVERALL I think i'm Slightly Above average. (Feel Free to Knock me for saying that; Keep in mind I know there are a lot of categories above that.)

PLEASE Tell me:
What you think of me?
What you would add/take away/change?
What do you think of your self? (please give your BF2 & 2142 player name so I can compare)

Last edited by tino275 (2006-11-10 06:51:01)

kakarot666
+3|6377
i think if u try hard trainin u can be good player (now ur not bad ) ur ACC is averange (it can be 23% 4 u with no prob) i didnt play with u so  i  cant say ur Squad Play so.....
in my opinion u can soon become good player and 4 caln thing yea if u join 1 u will become 50 % better
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6501|UK
I used to be the worst player ever, then i joined a clan and got lots better.
kakarot666
+3|6377
yea same as me clan learns a lot n gives much skill im in [FoW] clan
sparrowpisuke
Fractalman
+27|6416|Barcelona
For me a good player is a balanced player.
Average-Good numbers with all the kits, and with a lot of awards that is a guarantee he has played with all the roles and he's capable to do every requeriment.
Points in a game with glitches and exploits demonstrates nothing.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6626|UK
i am fucking brilliant..............................................GS- don't mean shit, as this IS a team game i think its all about how well you can you can hold a map with just a handful of players, now i mean if you play on a 64 man server and its rammed, and have 1 squad of 6 or 2 of 3, you can own the map most times, so i don't think its how good an individual is, i think its about how good they are at contributing to a squad, eg if you join a SQ and there is already a re-con guy, and a engineer, try going support and so on,,,,, well that my view, yea your not a bad player join a clan, and get better
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

xWSxCriminalx
+40|6508
or you can join TOP and learn from the ultimates
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

True. I learned a lot from the ultimates.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

someone will just say we're a bunch of fucking glitchers with no skill..

it's inevitable..

and i challenge them right here right now if they think they're better.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6505|Valhalla
Im a gunship whore in the training Dont think that I am a Super Great player but i try
check my sig

Last edited by loonitic (2006-11-10 07:29:18)

xWSxCriminalx
+40|6508
agreed, but anyone that knows anything knows different....that made sense right....

The people that find these glitches and exploit them in a team manner ARE the better players. We are the mouse in the maze that finds ways over the walls (and through them sometimes) rather than just following the group mentallity of the social norm. We go above and beyond what the engine was designed to do, most people just haven't made it to that point mentally yet. We do the things that people only dream of doing. I love it when we find a glitch, use it once or twice tell one or two people then all of a sudden BANG the little smurf sheep are following our lead everywhere. No matter how much you might think im wrong you know i'm right, you follow groups like TOP and THAT is a great thing.

edit: spawn come on TS fool.

Last edited by xWSxCriminalx (2006-11-10 07:34:53)

Sondernkommando
+22|6687
Here's the thing:  you can score a lot of points if you play a lot, but still get shot to hell and lose all the time.  Accuracy?  Good for the ego - helps no-one else if you shoot 10 people with 10 shots or 15. 

I think it should be some combination of Rounds won + K/D ratio + teamwork points, because for you to be "good" to anyone, you should make their game better if you're on their team (and more challenging if you're not).
BloodMetal
+2|6810
I finish every round I play in the top 3. I guess I'm a good player.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

Its all about the teamwork, although i did quite well loan sharking it before it just wasnt as fun, now with my clan its a much more enjoyable game and we all score realy high each round.
xWSxCriminalx
+40|6508
Accuracy is only important if you're a sniper type. Hell i shoot my gun into walls and make faces and general bullet hole graffti who gives a shit what a players accuracy is. Doesnt tell you anything aside from the fact that he's obvisouly not artistic. A good player is one that when you are yelling " I NEED SOME FUCKING AMMO" gives you some...and one that when they hear "MEDIC!" and they are one, they come running.
Finally to really tell how skilled someone is by far is the KD ratio. Its basically how much they are a threat vs. how much they are a liability. like people who are happy with the 1:1 thing....thats crazy...you might as well not be playing you aint helping the team and you aint hurting the other team you are just as much a liability as you are an asset. 2:1 + is a good player anything higher is just desert. I know some people are gonna talk about plane whoring and armor whoring, but hey if you're good at something then you're good at something. the KD really tells you how good.

Jet KD (2142) 5-10 : 1 is good
Tank KD (2142) 5:1 is good
Mech KD (2142) 15: 1 is good but 100:1 (like TOP KAMIKaz3) is supreme
Infantry (2142)  3:1 is acceptable.
Buzerk1
+44|6807

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

You guys can be so full of youself sometimes (meant to say, most of the time ).... It can be fun to play with you, but god, do you run your mouth or what? 

What's a good player? Player that are fun to play with and can do all the basic thing. The one thing I agree with TOP.... Good tactics from average players will always beat good players with no tactics. I also beleive you can see the true colors of a player based on the number of flag/silo capture.

I consider myself an average player that is fun to play with. If I'm a squad leader, you know you can spawn on me safely as I won't be in a bad position.  I'm also a pub, this mean I have to hope the guys in my squad know what they are doing. Sometimes it's the case and somethings it's just painfull.

It usually takes a map or 2 to find out who is playing as squad and either they join my squad or I join their squad and from that point my squad usually end up in the top squad (no padding ).

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-11-10 07:45:34)

xWSxCriminalx
+40|6508

Buzerk1 wrote:

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

You guys can be so full of youself sometimes (meant to say, most of the time ).... It can be fun to play with you, but god, do you run your mouth or what? 

What's a good player? Player that are fun to play with and can do all the basic thing. The one thing I agree with TOP.... Good tactics from average players will always beat good players with no tactics. I also beleive you can see the true colors of a player based on the number of flag/silo capture.

I consider myself an average player that is fun to play with. If I'm a squad leader, you know you can spawn on me safely as I won't be in a bad position.  I'm also a pub, this mean I have to hope the guys in my squad know what they are doing. Sometimes it's the case and somethings it's just painfull.

It usually takes a map or 2 to find out who is playing as squad and either they join my squad or I join their squad and from that point.
Aye we do run our mouths, but hey when you're at work nothing much more entertaining to do.
Buzerk1
+44|6807

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

Jet KD (2142) 5-10 : 1 is good
Tank KD (2142) 5:1 is good
Mech KD (2142) 15: 1 is good but 100:1 (like TOP KAMIKaz3) is supreme
Infantry (2142)  3:1 is acceptable.
Doesn't mean much if your 15:1 ration with the Mech is only infantry.  It's more spawn camping the anything else. Yeah yeah yeah, anything goes in a game, but I'll give more respect to a 5:1 ratio for a guy that has a high number of Tank/Walker destroyed.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-11-10 07:53:42)

Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6494|the Netherlands
average
wodstlk
+2|6350
i suck, i have terrible aim so i rely on giving ammo, which sucks for me because it looks like im a stat padder, but i dont do that at all.  im going to start being a medic now that i got the paddle unlock.  i think i am getting better but who knows?  i play about 1 hour a day now so i am moving up slowly

Last edited by wodstlk (2006-11-10 08:44:41)

jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm not good.

I'm better than good.
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6667|minnesota

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

same here
Zefar
+116|6620|Sweden
Well most of the times I'm better than most people on the server and I'm mainly in close combat with rifle weapons. Though I pick sniper kit now and then but it's mostly Assault and Support.

Also I havn't played in a Clan but I play with a friend and we use team work all the time and it's going great because we land in the top in the sqaud section and now and then we are the top players of the round. Sometimes we even have twice the more score than a full squad even if we are only 2 players. :3

spawnofthemist: Imo you are just lazy and don't like to work up your rank to get the weapons you won't but just abuse a glitch to get loads of points and then play with the weapon the rest of the time. If you get a reset you just do it again and over and over. But I don't see how that is any fun.
Though when you play the game normally without abusing any bugs I'd see you as a better player.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard