Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6847|Scotland!
It means 1.1 patch for SF, I think...

Not 1.1 for BF2.

If I'm wrong then, hell, we need more info.
sandaltube
+0|6787
Your "patched" version is 1.03, not 1.1.  And according to EA, if you apply the 1.12 patch before installing the expansion pack, you'll need to install the 1.12 patch again.
Cronjob
+1|6744|Broomfield, Colorado
Jodah3
+1|6745
Expansion packs should come with child-proof lids.

I can't understand what you're saying, but let me take a shot in the dark.  If this is similar to the 1.03 patch and you're having problems with no disk space during install, move the patch file to your D drive and execute it there.  I'm guessing that you're running the patch executable from your desktop, which by default is your C drive.
fizz85
+1|6796|Voice of reason
Install the SF expansion pack. Then download and update the expansion set to V1.12
Jodah3
+1|6745
I'm starting to have haunting flashbacks to my old tech support job in a call center.  I should turn and run far, far away.

CaptainFoley, could you please clarify.  This patch that you are trying to install, is it off of the cd or something you downloaded from EA's website?
Jodah3
+1|6745
Try restarting the cd application and make sure that you are not selecting any sort of Express or Standard install option.  If there is a Custom/Advanced install, select that as it is usually where you select the path of installation.

It is also possible that the patch uses your C drive as the default to unzip itself before it installs to your D drive that contains the game.  If there isn't an option to change this (I wouldn't put it past Dice), then see if its possible to free up 2.5 GB on your C drive to complete the installation.  Maybe copy any media files or non-essential apps to your D drive temporarily?

My third thought would be to see if this patch is available on EA's website instead of only through the CD.  If you can download the patch from there you can run that from the D drive and make sure that it isn't somehow defaulting to your C.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6826
Do you know how to use periods and format paragraphs for easier reading? Maybe then I would take you seriously enough to help you out.

*shudders at any tech support job*
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6826
Dude it's not hard. I'm installing it as we speak with no issues whatsoever. Since your obviously some dumbass little kid who can't work an installer or understand anything previously suggested on here, I'm going to go spend my time playing the expansion.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6826
Sure they have. Incert CD, install. Apply 1.12 patch to expansion to be able to play regular BF2. Done. Now all you have to do is wait till everyone upgrades their servers.

It doesn't get anymore userfriendly than that. It will install the expansion into wherever you installed BF2.

You are correct in assuming it's not displaying the correct amount of disk space. It can vary slightly depending on where you are looking. Clean out some junk and try again. Remember, it will install it on whatever disk you have BF2 on. I don't know if with BF2 you were given the option as to where to install it.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6826
No.

1.) Don't download v1.12 untill you have sucessfully installed BF2:SF

2.) Where have you installed BF2? Drive D?

3.) You still need free space available on drive C for virtual memory requirements and temporary files. I think even if you install it on another drive it still craps temporary files on drive C: till the installation is done.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6826
Read my above reply.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard